Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2018-07-26 00:52:30

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Re: Plans for Patreon!

Selflessness and charity only goes so far: patrons are investors. How do you attract investment? With evidence, proof and guarantees about the product in question.

We don’t even get one screenshot a week showing the reboot development. Do you see the problem? You’re asking people to throw money at an idea.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#77 2018-07-26 02:18:34, last edited by azurepudding (2018-07-26 02:20:58)

azurepudding

Urgghh more subscriptions.  I have a bad feeling about this.

Having to pay for alpha/beta is weird because it should actually go the other way.  You're wanting people to pay you, so they can spot out bugs to better your game.  Essentially work for you, while also paying.. beta honestly should be free and people should be hand picked for this instead.  Maybe even consider paying those who help beta/alpha test, as it is work on an unfinished, potentially broken game.  SEARCHING for bugs is not the same as playing casually.  Cheaper tiers involve you discussing plans with the community but that's sorta something you already do, and should be doing, as it keeps people interested in the game.  if there's no news after awhile for a game, people get bored, and people leave.

I also feel uncomfortable with these crazy high subscription rates because it might take advantage of young kids who really want the super cool whatever of top tier.  Or those who realize it's too pricey and miss out on the thing they really want.  I just.. I dunno.  What's wrong with the current gem system?  If someone really wants to put in 250 bucks a month, they can just do that through gem buying.  They can spend a thousand or ten thousand a month if they want even.

And as said above, we also have been shown nothing about this new game, like not even a single screenshot AFAIK.  I have no idea what we'd be investing in other than "well it's a new game."  Some of these tiers are crazy expensive for one time purchases, but they're monthly!  What happens when someone stops putting in a few bucks per month on this, they just get banned from the discord server?  This feels so wrong to me.  Should be one time purchase/donation.  I wanna support the game but I don't want to spend half or more of my pay checks on it.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral  Not all of us work a $20+/h job.

Azure2.png

#78 2018-07-26 02:27:49

Yu

Kira wrote:

Isn't 50$ per month and upwards robbery? As much as the game needs funding, this is no small amount.

If you want my personal opinion, I don't think a lot of players will adhere to this program especially because the majority of the community are still students.

In-game username color? Let's not turn this game into discord, I beg you. It's already confusing to have several colors.

With that said, I will support this patreon. Even if a measly 5 dollars a month can help, count me in.

Unless Megalamb mind controls all of us to buy the 250 it's not robbery.

Wooted by:

#79 2018-07-26 03:36:47

Freckleface

Please no name colors in the rEEboot, a badge beside someones name would be good enough. I'm not a fan of rainbow chat logs. If you are going to add name colors, make them a tint.

F

#80 2018-07-26 04:40:22

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Freckleface wrote:

Please no name colors in the rEEboot, a badge beside someones name would be good enough. I'm not a fan of rainbow chat logs. If you are going to add name colors, make them a tint.

Maybe they can chooss the badge?

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#81 2018-07-26 05:17:14

Joeyc

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:
Freckleface wrote:

can we get contest badges instead

#82 2018-07-26 05:20:21

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Joeyc wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:
Freckleface wrote:

can we get contest badges instead

Many people would have no badges

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
#Joe Griffin
Signature

#83 2018-07-26 06:34:06

Joeyc

not really lol, that’s like 20% of the community

#84 2018-07-26 07:13:48, last edited by Wizard2002 (2018-07-26 07:17:14)

Wizard2002

Alright, well I personally think that this is a good idea now. Of course more planning and thinking would need to go into it but I think its a good start. I see the reason behind it and its good and I see no reason not to. It's not as if we are forced to donate, its simply our choice to do so or not.

Also to anybody who's complaining about the POSSIBILITY of their being a color for Patreons, then why complain even? There's already a bunch of people with different colored names and there's also a setting to turn off colored names. Its not as if one extra color is going to kill your ability to read... though now saying that it might be a good idea to make a new setting where you can disable colored names except for friends perhaps?

The Derpiest Wizard there ever was //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#85 2018-07-26 07:31:38

Loganyoshi

Xenonetix wrote:
  • $250/month - ??? - We know what this is, but not ready to announce what it is yet. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink - I also have my doubts many people, if anyone, will sign up for this tier, but it would be an amazing investment in the future of the game if you do!

If it's a dragon smiley with a tattoo of xenonetix's signature on my chest then I may reconsider my choice on buying this.

#86 2018-07-26 09:10:05

azurepudding

Since this is a per month thing.  Well, how many months are we talking here?

Azure2.png

#87 2018-07-26 09:54:41

peace

what exactly is closed beta is that just the website created with the game and you have to get a code form thi s staff to be able to log in? or do you need to download stuff (pls say no) and what can we expect in this closed beta? are there worlds to play with to test pysics is there a hsop to buy things so you can test if hsop works?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#88 2018-07-26 10:18:27, last edited by LukeM (2018-07-26 10:46:36)

LukeM
Website

azurepudding wrote:

I was originally against the idea too, but it makes a lot more sense if you think of it as a way to donate money towards the development and running costs of a new game, with the rewards as side effects to show our gratitude, (similar to a charity giving out wristbands when people donate, nobody is paying for the wristband, it would be an extortionate price //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

And the Alpha access is more of an early peak at what the game is, rather than them actively helping to find bugs, and by the time beta comes out it should be an almost finished game, with few enough bugs that people can actually play it. They can actively look for bugs if they want, but we don't expect people to, they can just play the game in early access, and maybe if they spot a bug they can let us know, which we would be extra grateful for //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile.

Also, the top tier is really cool, but it's still not the sort of thing that you would buy specifically for the reward, so I wouldn't worry about it exploiting people into buying it.

Oh, and finally, I'm fairly sure we aim to release at least some info about the rEEboot before the Patreon starts (or at least shortly after), so you won't be going in completely blind.

#89 2018-07-26 10:57:34, last edited by Kira (2018-07-26 11:41:18)

Kira

LukeM wrote:

Also, the top tier is really cool

Dude, it better be cool if you're paying $250

#90 2018-07-26 11:01:48

Nebula

Hmm, Patreon Membership would be the best name for that.

#91 2018-07-26 11:56:20

Raphe9000

I was actually both expecting and hoping for this. It is a very smart way to fund the game in its current state. I see myself backing in the future. I'll aim for the $10 a month, but I've been tight on money recently due to dedicating a lot of income to savings and investing. That being said, I definitely see myself going $5 in at least at some point.

Wooted by: (2)

#92 2018-07-26 16:57:20

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

$250 per month is too much for me

#Joe Griffin
Signature

#93 2018-07-26 16:58:33

LukeM
Website

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

$250 per month is too much for me

We're (or at least I'm) not really expecting anyone to go for the $250 per month option XD, its just there in case someone does.

Wooted by:

#94 2018-07-26 17:05:30

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

$5 per month option is most worth it Hmm... Maybe il buy itb in December

#Joe Griffin
Signature

Wooted by:

#95 2018-07-28 00:09:19, last edited by Joeyc (2018-07-28 00:13:37)

Joeyc

So I really wanted to make a proper list that'll satisfy everybody so hear it is.

$5. You get a smiley for donating to the Official EE Pateron and perhaps other small perks

$10 Get a badge on your profile or like something saying you donated. As well as access to the Alpha. Previous things as well

$20 $20/month - A monthly group voice chat with me (Xenonetix) to discuss upcoming plans and feedback! - This is likely to take place in a special area within the Patreon Discord. Nothing secret or withholding information about updates to the community, thats stupid. Could just be the previous rewards and maybe some other stuff not discussed in the topic itself. Previous things as well

After 20 is donating if you want to, no need for the other overpriced rewards.
And for the $5 dollar reward, that should be no matter what if you donate.

#96 2018-07-28 00:12:42

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Joeyc wrote:

So I really wanted to make a proper list that'll satisfy everybody so hear it is.

$5. You get a smiley for donating to the Official EE Pateron perhaps other small perks

$10 Get a badge on your profile or like something saying you donated. As well as access to the Alpha. other small perks

$20 $20/month - A monthly group voice chat with me (Xenonetix) to discuss upcoming plans and feedback! - This is likely to take place in a special area within the Patreon Discord. Nothing secret or withholding information about updates to the community, thats stupid. Could just be the previous rewards and maybe some other stuff not discussed in the topic itself.

I dont think the staff will accept this

#Joe Griffin
Signature

#97 2018-07-28 00:14:23

Joeyc

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:
Joeyc wrote:

$5. You get a smiley for donating to the Official EE Pateron perhaps other small perks

$10 Get a badge on your profile or like something saying you donated. As well as access to the Alpha. other small perks

$20 $20/month - A monthly group voice chat with me (Xenonetix) to discuss upcoming plans and feedback! - This is likely to take place in a special area within the Patreon Discord. Nothing secret or withholding information about updates to the community, thats stupid. Could just be the previous rewards and maybe some other stuff not discussed in the topic itself.

I dont think the staff will accept this

"lets pay for a 100 bucks to get into a smiley jumping alpha woot"

#98 2018-07-28 00:17:03

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Even if the staff keeps the current prices we wont buy the overpriced rewards

#Joe Griffin
Signature

#99 2018-07-28 09:45:49

peace

i think $5 should be username color (the color xen wanted) $10 a bagde/icon or something aswell as a smiley $20 shoiuld bepemanent beta/gm or getting the gems in value if you already have it everythign above $20 should give a few gems/month as well as some energy/months extra (mostly max energy too for if youre neeeding this) also a sale on gmes would likely actract people to buy gems so they can buy their last classics

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#100 2018-07-28 09:58:04

azurepudding

tbh, I think if I found a patreon donation page with a 250 dollar per month tier, with nothing to show for the game's progress, I would think: scam.  This is a total scam, no one would ever make that pricey of a tier and mean it.  And.. I guess I'd be wrong there.  I have enough trust in management to believe this is not a scam however, BUT it does matter what others outside of the community think.  If others stumble upon this and think scam, well, they're gonna pass on by without a single cent given this way.  So, I think having this 250 dollar per month option may hurt the game's funding more than it'd benefit from it.  As said before, it's not even expected than anyone would donate that much, so it doesn't really need to be there.

100 a month also sounds kinda scammy too, for those unfamiliar to the game.  I've seen a few small indie games with tiers that usually don't go above 20 as highest tier.  I mean, remember this is per month, so 250 dollars isn't 250 dollars, it's potentially 3,000 dollars if it takes a year to make.

Also I think it'd be easier to get bigger donations if the tiers weren't spread out so much.  2, 5, 10 are fine, but then 20 is asking for double, and 50 is more than double that.  I think you could get a lot on board with 10, but most won't consider the leap to 20.  If the 20 tier was instead 12, you'd have a lot more people willing to spend 10 consider bumping up to 12, for example.  By asking too much, you end up missing on smaller, but greater in number, donations.  I propose a 2, 5, 7, 10, and maybe 12 dollar tiers.  Could even put in a 1 dollar tier, because why not?  I think it's far more likely to get 250 $1 donators, or 125 $2 donators, or 50 $5 donators, or 36 $7 donators, or 25 $10 donators, or 21 $12 donators, than having a single $250 donator.  Simply put, less can be more.

Azure2.png

oxidizer1533597949718418

Board footer