Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-07-23 23:30:51

Latif

Opinions about EE

Sharing my opinions about EE. Maybe some suggestions for the reboot too?

Physics
Pretty sure this is going to be changed in the reboot. EE's physics are really bad and buggy, 1x1 hook jumps and hover jumps (actually floating over a gap without jumping) are really confusing for new players. The physics are also really fast, the gravity is very strong and movement is very fast. Sometimes when I take breaks in EE and come back after a while I have to get used to the physics again, especially jumping is really fast. In BlockWorks (some kind of remake of EE by ByteArray, Kentiya and John) the physics were much better, not perfect, but I wish there will be something like that in the reboot. The player's hitbox was also smaller than a block which was also nice, you can jump when there's a block above you and hover jumps make more sense. 1x1 hooks are also really easy.

Graphics
Never really liked how EE uses 16x16px sprites. I mean, it's so small. If we get a fullscreen mode in the reboot I don't want to see a tiny smiley in the middle with lots of little blocks around it. I am not saying it's a big mistake because I've never had problems with it, it's just something that can be way better. Not sure if the EE staff wants to restart making all graphics with a bigger canvas, but that would be a very good decision. 24x24px or even 32x32px would be fine.

Smileys
Smileys are basically skins you can collect in EE, but they aren't really that special. Only contest smileys and old classics are nice to see, but all other smileys are very common. I've seen lots of people requesting about customizable smileys, and this is actually an amazing idea. In the shop you would be able to buy smileys and items you can add to your smiley, like a hat or wings. Some things could be combined together, but some things can't. My idea is to have primary, secondary and tertiary items, they're all different. The smiley is the base.

Here some examples
Smiley: Smile, grin, angry, sick, gingerbread, astronaut, alien etc.
Primary item (top): Halo (yellow ring above angel), pirate hat, earmuffs (disables tertiary item since it's also on the sides), hair.
Secondary item (overlaps/additional stuff): sunglasses, eye patch, the pipe thing a diver has, beard, bow (see my avatar).
Tertiary (on the sides): Fairy wings, bat wings, angel wings, just wings cuz what else.

Some smileys won't be able to have certain items. For example, the astronaut can't have a tertiary item because it already wears an astronaut outfit that overlaps the whole smiley. Also another thing, primary items should be common and easy to get, while secondary items are a bit harder to gain. Tertiary items are the most difficult ones to get since I know everyone likes to add wings to their smileys, they should be very special. Perhaps there could also be some kind of sets, for example, when buying the bat smiley you will also get bat wings included as tertiary item, because why would you want a bat without wings?

Blocks
I know the staff is going to remove useless blocks in the reboot. Just want to say that there are too many blocks in EE that aren't really needed. There are also many blocks that look too similar to other blocks which is also not needed. We don't want a new spring pack or halloween pack every year, we just want new and unique packs. As I said in the graphics part, restarting would be the best option. Some blocks are even copied from mario, seriously why benjaminsen?

I know the suggestions I've given would be a very big change for EE. But in my opinion the reboot may be completely different than the current EE we have, but just with the same concept.

#2 2018-07-23 23:45:02

Koto

Re: Opinions about EE

I like the size of EE graphics, because I like to see ahead of me, especially with the speed effect.  Maybe slightly bigger could work.

Customizable smileys could be cool.

Wooted by:

#3 2018-07-23 23:54:55

Latif

Koto wrote:

I like the size of EE graphics, because I like to see ahead of me, especially with the speed effect.  Maybe slightly bigger could work.

In the reboot we'll get a fullscreen mode which doesn't stretch out pixels (actually this was confirmed in Unity, but I think we'll have this in the reboot too). Your view will be bigger and I think 16x16px graphics would be a bit too small for that. Especially for bigger resolutions (1920x1080px and bigger).

Wooted by:

#4 2018-07-23 23:59:32

Koto

Yeah.  Not too much, because if I ever do get into EE again, it will be the reboot.  I actually have like, a whole campaign that I've outlined fully, that sort of requires seeing quite a bit of what's ahead if you do to speed, lol.

#5 2018-07-24 00:01:22

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

Latif wrote:
Koto wrote:

In the reboot we'll get a fullscreen mode which doesn't stretch out pixels (actually this was confirmed in Unity, but I think we'll have this in the reboot too). Your view will be bigger and I think 16x16px graphics would be a bit too small for that. Especially for bigger resolutions (1920x1080px and bigger).

This could be fixed if blocks and smileys were vectors. That way you could escalate them as much as you want.

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by:

#6 2018-07-24 00:04:31

Koto

Man.  Everything in EE should be editable, lol.

#7 2018-07-24 00:10:08

Latif

ZeldaXD wrote:
Latif wrote:
Koto wrote:

This could be fixed if blocks and smileys were vectors. That way you could escalate them as much as you want.

They still have to be made again. It's just another solution.

#8 2018-07-24 06:03:35

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

These are very good suggestions Latif, and my favourite suggestion is the customizable smileys, that wway we can all be different.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

Wooted by:
ILikeTofuuJoe1532408615715751

Board footer