Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

nlmdejonge

what happens client-side? & 'disconnects' when hosting a room

When I play levels from others, everything works okay. When I host a room and more than, say, ten people join, I get 'disconnected'. By 'disconnected' I mean that the other smilies stop moving (or keep spinning or moving back and forth, when they are on arrows). This happened literally every time when one of my rooms got somewhat popular and many people join.

Recently, I got a savable 100x100 room and I'm in it to allow others to play it. I need to stay in it, right? It's for the contest, so I guess the CPU load on my simple computer will be 50+% (just for EE alone) for at least another five days. I'm afraid as soon as more people start playing it, once again I will 'disconnect'. That would mean the players will get kicked, again and again, unless only a few are playing.

So, my question for Chris or possibly other EE coders (or mods) is: what exactly happens client-side? Are the movements of the players being passed to other players via the host? If this is true, then it explains why I 'disconnect' with this simple computer, and I'm afraid it also means I might not be able to properly participate in the contest. As soon as many people start to join it, everyone will get kicked and everyone will be ****. And this might happen while I'm asleep or when I'm not behind my computer, so the level could be unreachable half the time...

Last edited by nlmdejonge (Dec 27 2010 11:57:53 pm)

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#2 Before February 2015

Alex

Re: what happens client-side? & 'disconnects' when hosting a room

change the name to a swear word, it won't show up in the lobby.

That being said, these problems are longstanding(less often than you seem to report it, tho), save often and have another tab open just in case.

#3 Before February 2015

nlmdejonge

alex wrote:

change the name to a swear word, it won't show up in the lobby.

That being said, these problems are longstanding(less often than you seem to report it, tho), save often and have another tab open just in case.

Sorry alex, these 'suggestions' aren't very useful. The level is finished, it's for the contest and as soon as more than, say, ten people join I get 'disconnected' and everyone will be kicked (and ****). I do want people to play it, I do want it to show up in the lobby.

(I just looked at the level again to see if anyone was playing it and the only thing I saw was the lobby screen. However, not many people have played it yet, so maybe this time it was caused by something else.)

Last edited by nlmdejonge (Dec 28 2010 12:45:02 pm)

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#4 Before February 2015

Sea Shock

karma just hates more than others.

nlmdejonge1423856692104740

Board footer