Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-27 00:14:34, last edited by Minisaurus (2018-06-27 03:28:59)

Minisaurus
Banned

Reset tool disabled

You can disable the reset tool, being unable to use it.
Until you reset the map with the command /reset, /loadlevel, rejoin the map, or die.

You need god mode and a reset tool placed on the map to do trigger the bug.

You have to press G and then immediately Y (You have to press G once, while you are on god mode you quick press Y, then you turn off god mode), while you are on the Reset tool.

Gif of the bug
Wooted by: (3)

#2 2018-07-10 16:46:53

LukeM
Website

Re: Reset tool disabled

This should hopefully be fixed in the next update //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

The problem was because there is a delay between pressing g and going into god mode, so the client sends the reset message anyway. This means that the client is waiting for a reply from the server, but the server has ignored the message because by the time it is recieved the client is in god mode so it should not be able to reset. To fix this I have removed the serverside check for god mode, as I'm pretty sure this can't be exploited in any way, so if you follow your steps to reproduce this bug after the update the reset should no longer fail.

LukeM1531237613713763

Board footer