Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 2018-06-05 07:03:02, last edited by Norwee (2018-06-05 07:04:00)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Re: Random LGBT+ debates 'n stuff

Stop being so tolerant guys. The real way to solve this issue is to upvote youtube comments on "SJW cringe compilation #6" that openly hate on feminists and transexuals.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (4)

#102 2018-06-05 13:46:34

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

holy **** you guys are the worst lol

Wooted by: (2)

#103 2018-06-05 14:15:17

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Stop being so tolerant guys. The real way to solve this issue is to upvote youtube comments on "SJW cringe compilation #6" that openly hate on feminists and transexuals.

I agree with you but can I upwoot your post cause I'm too lazy to go on YouTube.com and upvote comments?

Thanks.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#104 2018-06-05 14:36:55

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Pyromaniac wrote:

holy **** you guys are the worst lol

Great contribution. Glad you stopped by.

Discord: jawp#5123

#105 2018-06-05 16:29:09, last edited by IanJanes (2018-06-05 20:59:00)

IanJanes

Right now we live in a really wacky world, I completely support homosexual marriage and stuff like that. But their are like only two sexuality's, gay and straight. Nothing less, nothing more. No, **** dogs isn't a sexuality, it's just a weird religion or some other stuff. But back to what I was saying, I think dedicating an entire month to pride is just dumb, no good really. If we are "celebrating" things like that, or months like black history month why can't we have white history month or white straight male month? Seriously?! Having the month defeats the purpose of itself when if you aren't gay you are shunned, it just doesn't make sense. Can we just toss all the sjw's into a mosh pit, they would kill each other saying who was right and who was wrong. No one today can agree, and yes sometimes opinions are wrong.

Edit: Oops didn't raalize that there was a bisectualtiy.

<Download this image and make it your avatar, repent from unique avatars!
3640.jpg?m=15483497583640.jpg?m=15483497583640.jpg?m=1548349758

#106 2018-06-05 17:30:07

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

IanJanes wrote:

sometimes opinions are wrong.

An opinion can't be right or wrong. That's why it's an opinion.

IanJanes wrote:

when if you aren't gay you are shunned,

I doubt this has ever happened. To anyone, ever.

#107 2018-06-05 18:20:23, last edited by mutantdevle (2018-06-05 18:20:54)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

IanJanes wrote:

But their are like only two sexuality's, gay and straight.

This is factually wrong.

I'm bisexual. I can be attracted to anyone.

There's also asexual. In simple terms, it's a lack of sexual attraction to anyone (though in reality, it's more complex than that).

There are also many other sexualities which are, generally, more defined definitions and specifications of the previously mentioned sexualities. Eg, a pansexual is a bisexual except with the emphasis that gender is irrelevant to their sexual attraction or someone who is homoromantic doesn't really feel sexual attraction but still wants to date people of their own gender.

You could argue that those more defined definitions of someone's sexuality are not necessary but, at the very least, 4 terms are needed to cover the general principle of sexual attraction.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#108 2018-06-05 18:36:53

Xfrogman43

IanJanes wrote:

white history month

relevant: month.png

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#109 2018-06-05 19:34:04

lex
Brand New Member

IanJanes wrote:

But their are like only two sexuality's, gay and straight. Nothing less, nothing more. No, **** dogs isn't a sexuality, it's just a weird religion or some other stuff. But back to what I was saying, I think dedicating an entire month to pride is just dumb, no good really. If we are "celebrating" things like that, or months like black history month why can't we have white history month or white straight male month? Seriously?! Having the month defeats the purpose of itself when if you aren't gay you are shunned, it just doesn't make sense. Can we just toss all the sjw's into a mosh pit, they would kill each other saying who was right and who was wrong. No one today can agree, and yes sometimes opinions are wrong.

This is a bit of a confusing post to me. Bisexualty exists for one, but also as our ideas of gender change we may need new terms for sexuality to describe them. If you do not identify as a male or female then terms like straight and gay literally make zero sense when describing yourself.

As for the existence of pride month. As people become more accepting the main purpose of pride is more and more unnecessary. HOWEVER we still live in a world where LGBTQ people are second class citizens. Sexuality is not a protected class in the united states the way gender/race/disability are. Many Lgbtq teens still grow up being ashamed of who they are because bullying still happens. I have personally been passed up for promotions at jobs because I am a gay man. The reality is that while gay people are "main stream", a lot of lgbtq folks grow up feeling ashamed of who they are and pride exists to tell them that they are valid and that they belong. Even as we are more accepted pride exists to remind us where we came from, and what we have overcome.

I know your SJW point at the end is a bit of a hyperbole, but it seems pretty sad that you like the idea of killing anyone with an overzealous knack for justice. Some SJW are a bit heavy handed with their tactics and word choice(and a handful are just really bad at conveying a point), but at the end of the day they believe in a more just world, and is that really a bad thing?

Some day I will be allowed to put a pic in my signature.... if only I knew when.

#110 2018-06-05 22:57:17, last edited by Abelysk (2018-06-05 22:58:01)

Abelysk

I like months dedicated to something--it beings organization, more concentration on present issues, etc. A strong example is your school's spirit week. On Monday it's crazy hair day, on Tuesday it's crazy sock day, on Wednesday it's Formal Day, on Thursday it's Silly Day, and on Friday it's School Spirit Day. Each day some students show school spirit by acknowledging the attire needed, but these students don't wear those clothing every day.

That's one example of the effect of honoring something for a day, week, or month. It brings people together, and it isn't too long (such as year-long) for people to grow tired of it. Having a month dedicated to pride lets people take breaks from their work, from school (also coincides with summer break for most people) to celebrate in parades and events.

And it's not just pride that does this. Holidays are very similar. Would you want Halloween all year long?

#111 2018-06-06 09:45:19

azurepudding

mrjawapa wrote:
IanJanes wrote:

I think hitler had some wrong opinions, but that's just me I guess.

Azure2.png

#112 2018-06-06 09:53:56

Luka504

azurepudding wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:
IanJanes wrote:

Like what

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#113 2018-06-06 10:25:56

azurepudding

Luka504 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:
IanJanes wrote:

Like what

i'm refusing that bait.

Azure2.png

#114 2018-06-06 13:09:13

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

azurepudding wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:
IanJanes wrote:

Terrible analogy
Jawapa meant objectively right or objectively wrong
Although, as you implied, Hitler's "opinions" are "wrong", they are actually just disagreed with by majority of the people, which means they are wrong SUBJECTIVELY from the point of view of people that disagree with him and his "opinions". There's no truthfully right side to any opinion that would decide what's wrong and what isn't
And I'm not even mentioning that you're confusing opinions with decisions

i8SwC8p.png

#115 2018-06-06 19:28:27

Luka504

azurepudding wrote:
Luka504 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:
IanJanes wrote:

Like what

i'm refusing that bait.

What bait? You proposed the idea that Hitler had wrong opinions and I'm asking you to elaborate.

#116 2018-06-06 19:51:37

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

murder is wrong, guys

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#117 2018-06-06 20:41:26, last edited by azurepudding (2018-06-06 20:43:06)

azurepudding

TaskManager wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:
IanJanes wrote:

Terrible analogy
Although, as you implied, Hitler's "opinions" are "wrong", they are actually just disagreed with by majority of the people, which means they are wrong SUBJECTIVELY from the point of view of people that disagree with him and his "opinions". There's no truthfully right side to any opinion that would decide what's wrong and what isn't

How is it terrible?  are you really trying to argue a technicality just to call me wrong on this.  no.  hitler was wrong, objectively wrong.  calling for the murder of millions of people is not the equivalent of claiming blue is the best color.  one is a wrong opinion.  the other is subjective.

a decision is caused by an opinion, and decisions can be wrong, so opinions can also be wrong.  but not always.  committing genocide is a wrong decision, but painting your house blue because you like blue isn't right or wrong.  it's just what you like.

edit: simply put: an opinion is wrong if it involves harming others.  otherwise it is subjective.

Azure2.png

#118 2018-06-06 20:54:15

John

I have accidentally called someone the wrong pronoun and was corrected respectfully.

I agree with what N1KF said:

N1KF wrote:

I think it's good to show manners and respect other peoples' small requests.

Reason:

So basically I was raised as an Episcopalian (I'm no longer religious) which is accepting of everyone, including LGBT and other identities. If I were to become religious again, I would likely be an Episcopalian.
In addition, my parents have taught me to treat everyone with dignity and respect because appearances don't matter, so that's what I try to do. (I would be a lair if I said that I don't judge people, because I do unfortunately. I also believe that all people have a bit of prejudice in them but that's irrelevant.)

If people don't support the LGBT lifestyle, then that's their choice. People shouldn't be attacked for what they believe in. I have several friends both in real life and online who don't support the lifestyle, and that's okay.
I on the other hand, don't plan on being LGBT but I respect others' who are. I'm not going to lie, I find it weird, but who really am I (or anyone) to tell these people what's wrong and what's right?

From episcopalchurch.org:
"In 1976, the General Convention of the Episcopal Church declared that “homosexual persons are children of God who have a full and equal claim with all other persons upon the love, acceptance, and pastoral concern and care of the Church" (1976-A069). Since then, faithful Episcopalians have been working toward a greater understanding and radical inclusion of all of God’s children."

• 1976 - Declared "homosexual persons are children of God who have a full and equal claim with all other persons upon the love, acceptance, and pastoral concern and care of the Church".

• 2003 - First openly gay bishop of the Episcopal Church was consecrated

• 2009 - General Convention resolved that God’s call is open to all

• 2012 - A provisional rite of blessing for same-gender relationships was authorized, and discrimination against transgender persons in the ordination process was officially prohibited

• 2015 - The canons of the church were changed to make the rite of marriage available to all people, regardless of gender.

PW?scale=2

Wooted by: (4)

#119 2018-06-06 21:28:18

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

azurepudding wrote:
TaskManager wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:
IanJanes wrote:

Terrible analogy

How is it terrible?  are you really trying to argue a technicality just to call me wrong on this.  no.  hitler was wrong, objectively wrong.  calling for the murder of millions of people is not the equivalent of claiming blue is the best color.  one is a wrong opinion.  the other is subjective.

a decision is caused by an opinion, and decisions can be wrong, so opinions can also be wrong.  but not always.  committing genocide is a wrong decision, but painting your house blue because you like blue isn't right or wrong.  it's just what you like.

edit: simply put: an opinion is wrong if it involves harming others.  otherwise it is subjective.

and if we lived in a barbaric world with bloodthirsty humans (essentially, middle ages or authoritatian regimes of 20th century), committing genocide (especially in the name of religion or ideology!) would be considered right from the point of view of the people that follow the said religion/ideology
you call it "objectively" wrong cause it is considered wrong by most people on this planet, but the fact that SOME people DISAGREE WITH IT does not make it UNIVERSALLY wrong from ANY point of view, since we (the planet) still have neo-nazis, 4chan trolls and people that simply dont care if its right or wrong. only if it would be UNIVERSALLY wrong, then it would be OBJECTIVELY wrong.

azurepudding wrote:

please show me where does it state as a fact that an opinion is "objectively wrong" if it involves harming people.
opinion: i think that in case of being attacked by someone i am allowed to strike back as a matter of self defense. is this wrong? even if you say it is, there will certainly be people that say it is right and this disagreement already denies the question's objective "right/wrong" answer

i8SwC8p.png

#120 2018-06-06 21:42:47, last edited by mrjawapa (2018-06-07 00:17:21)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:

murder is wrong, guys

azurepudding wrote:

hitler was wrong, objectively wrong.  calling for the murder of millions of people is not the equivalent of claiming blue is the best color.  one is a wrong opinion.  the other is subjective.

azurepudding wrote:

an opinion is wrong if it involves harming others.

Well... we could get deep and philosophical. Saying 2 + 2 = 5 is factually wrong, because we can prove it. Murder is morally wrong.
There are instances where religions have justified murder.

azurepudding wrote:

How is it terrible?  are you really trying to argue a technicality just to call me wrong on this.

Because apples to oranges.

John wrote:

People shouldn't be attacked for what they believe in.

5/5

Wooted by:

#121 2018-06-06 22:41:21

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

You can't say that harming another person is objectively bad unless you have an objective definition for harm.

Wooted by:

#122 2018-06-06 22:48:43

Luka504

An objective truth doesn't exist azure. As long as at least one person disagrees, it is automatically not objectively true, regardless of the huge majority who do agree.
Heck, even if you do hit a unanimous agreement about a subject it still wouldn't count as an objective truth. If you can disagree with it - It's not objective.

#123 2018-06-06 22:52:17

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

mrjawapa wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

murder is wrong, guys

TaskManager wrote:

hitler was wrong, objectively wrong.  calling for the murder of millions of people is not the equivalent of claiming blue is the best color.  one is a wrong opinion.  the other is subjective.

azurepudding wrote:

an opinion is wrong if it involves harming others.

Well... we could get deep and philosophical. Saying 2 + 2 = 5 is factually wrong, because we can prove it. Murder is morally wrong.
There are instances where religions have justified murder.

azurepudding wrote:

How is it terrible?  are you really trying to argue a technicality just to call me wrong on this.

John wrote:

People shouldn't be attacked for what they believe in.

5/5

hey fix the ownership of the 2nd quote thank //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

i8SwC8p.png

#124 2018-06-07 00:04:10

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

John wrote:

episcopalianism

Wow that’s very interesting. I didn’t even know this group existed before i read this, but apparently it has history all the way back to 17th century and with practisioners in Taiwan? (I’ve travelled there recently) So an American based religious group with more liberal leanings, that’s super interesting.
As i was born into an christian but at the same time, highly secular society. (All the people i know in my city are christian in name only, they go to church only for rituals like marriage, funerals, or baptizing. They live their life without thinking much about god, thus kind of making us atheists? Or at least very lazy and unmotivated christians...) i find it facinating how the more inclusive and relevant religious groups in the US influence the thinking of it’s practisioners. While i doubt i’d ever care enough about religion to join any kind of religious group, that one you grew up in seems to have many values i would feel comfortable with.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#125 2018-06-07 00:52:33

azurepudding

i can't believe people are actually defending hitler and so i'll save myself some time here as arguing for the sake of arguing is annoying

mrjawapa wrote:
azurepudding wrote:

that doesn't explain anything.  it was claimed opinions can't be wrong, i listed an example of a wrong opinion.  how is that apples to oranges? it's more like you claimed apples are always red but i countered with an apple that is green or yellow.  a yellow/green apple is not an orange, it's an apple.

Azure2.png

HeyNK1530244326711834

Board footer