Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-06-02 21:00:01

Abelysk

Advice for ragers

I am inspired to write this post because my neighbor yells non-stop while playing video games.

Research shows that my neighbor isn't the only one who becomes super infuriated while playing video games, many people fall under the same boat.

When I was younger, I too frequently raged at video games. This was especially true when I lost at something. Losing boss fights, dying in platformers, etc. truly made me freakishly furious, throwing my controller at the TV, banging on the TV, and screaming (but muffled so noone could hear).

A change to my mindset changed it all.

Instead of getting mad at video games, I feel inspired to learn more on how to succeed. What did I do wrong? Where could I improve? If the game received widespread acclaim that means it's not impossible, right?

Then I looked at the uselessness of anger. There is no point to getting mad. Anger clouds the mind, like heavy rain causing a river to look blurry on the surface.

Then, I realized I got mad because I wanted everything. I wanted to ace games, to be the best, etc. I realized I was simply not the best at everything. I realized, it's impossible for me to play every video game anyway, to try every food anyway, to travel to every single city in the world anyway. So I gave up. I no longer video game for accomplishment, I game for enjoyment. I have given up PvP games because of how addicting they become.

And I thought, before I was introduced to the PvP game, I never had to worry about being the best and winning nonstop, right? That's correct, whenever I was introduced to a game I assumed players piggybacked me and relied on me to carry them--to be their role model. But they were wrong, they should focus on themselves rather than me.

Think rationally before playing a game. Warm yourself up. Don't dive right in at a video game and scream and cry and fail because you recklessly wanna beat the game. The key is thought and analysis. Reason with your mind beforehand.

Wooted by:

#2 2018-06-02 21:35:19

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune

Re: Advice for ragers

i scream at roblox because HAKCERS and CHEATS and it's NOT FAIR BECAUSE I DON'T WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooted by:

#3 2018-06-02 21:38:06

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

buT WHat if mY TEammATEs aRE ReTARded?????????

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#4 2018-06-02 21:44:59

Mait

just. dont. rage.

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

#5 2018-06-02 23:16:20

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

buT WHat if mY TEammATEs aRE ReTARded?????????

Then stop playing solo mode.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2018-06-03 00:05:50

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

ipwner wrote:

Itsmeandersonlol, who then changed to Kefka, and who is now Abelysk, is merely experiencing some mid-posterectile shenanigays. Each time his username got more "manly" this simply signaled another tragic event where his father beat him with a guitar shaped pillow, screeching "MATURE! MATURE!" shredding away his innocence each time. First went away the "lol," representing his childhood fun and happiness, then fell the "anderson," representing his identity and uniqueness. He then changed to "KEFKA" which was the name of a mythical SUPERDUPER he dreamed up in elementary school, but the next beating, in which he was encased in a matroyshka doll and SLAMMED against a wall that read "GROW UP HOMES" proved too much. He switched to "Abelysk," the name of his deceased godchild who drowned in his father's own "babba" before pre-impregnation. This name is an omage to his father's worship of pain and communal suffering that he endured during the 3rd Paranatzi War in the Englecoke Period; he now injects this belief system into his son's brain with an opinionated needle. :*( Sad is the truth, and so I say... dream, baby, dream.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2018-06-03 00:20:09

Helvi

When I rage I afk an get a coffee.

Hi.

#8 2018-06-03 00:20:51

Onjit
Website

maybe you shoild write this out and mail it to him

:.|:;

#9 2018-06-03 00:25:09

Abelysk

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
ipwner wrote:

Itsmeandersonlol, who then changed to Kefka, and who is now Abelysk, is merely experiencing some mid-posterectile shenanigays. Each time his username got more "manly" this simply signaled another tragic event where his father beat him with a guitar shaped pillow, screeching "MATURE! MATURE!" shredding away his innocence each time. First went away the "lol," representing his childhood fun and happiness, then fell the "anderson," representing his identity and uniqueness. He then changed to "KEFKA" which was the name of a mythical SUPERDUPER he dreamed up in elementary school, but the next beating, in which he was encased in a matroyshka doll and SLAMMED against a wall that read "GROW UP HOMES" proved too much. He switched to "Abelysk," the name of his deceased godchild who drowned in his father's own "babba" before pre-impregnation. This name is an omage to his father's worship of pain and communal suffering that he endured during the 3rd Paranatzi War in the Englecoke Period; he now injects this belief system into his son's brain with an opinionated needle. :*( Sad is the truth, and so I say... dream, baby, dream.

Very true //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad The older we get the more robotic amd depressed and s**tty we become.

#10 2018-06-03 05:12:08

XxAtillaxX

I usually don't get rage during games but whenever I do I just quit and do something else instead.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#11 2018-06-03 05:32:49

Bimps

tbh i rage more when trying to install a **** game than when playing it

Bimps1528000369708497

Board footer