Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-05-28 17:02:25

MWstudios

Is antivirus a ransomware

It always to offer help to keep your files not deleted but ONLY IF YOU PAY!
At least they're not decrypted

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#2 2018-05-28 17:07:16

Gosha

Re: Is antivirus a ransomware

If your antivirus doesn't allow you to keep files you want unless you pay - that's a **** antivirus

#3 2018-05-28 17:27:02

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

The real scam is tricking the average consumer into believing their OS’s antivirus isn’t good enough.

Idk what Windows Defender pretends to do in the background all day, but let’s hope it can protect me from the evil shenanigans of EEForums and YouTube.

I think my Adblock does more tbh.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#4 2018-05-28 18:21:05

capasha

Tomahawk wrote:

The real scam is tricking the average consumer into believing their OS’s antivirus isn’t good enough.

Idk what Windows Defender pretends to do in the background all day, but let’s hope it can protect me from the evil shenanigans of EEForums and YouTube.

I think my Adblock does more tbh.

The most exploits comes with PDF or using Flash enabled everywhere. You don't need to download anything through Flash you will get instantly infected.
The reason I use Anti-exploit kits on Windows. And also NoScript which block the most scripts and flash files. I also use U-matrix for link logging in CSS.

Windows Defender is just a joke. It doesn't protect at all.
Telling that people should use other Anti-Virus. Then they use it and a simple popup from the Anti-Virus makes them annoyed and not comfortable.
Which will end in removing the Anti-Virus. There is settings to disable the popup's. But I guess to hard to change that.

capasha1527528065707870

Board footer