Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

mistahboi

Hook Jumps

Hook Jumps, Ninja Jumps, F jumps, E jumps, ****ing annoying jumps, whatever you wanna call them.

It seems that they are horribly overused in so many stages that claim that only pros can beat it. They're not even hard. They're just a pain in the butt. Stupid people put like huge rows and columns of them in a row and call them hard. Once you have a streak, you tend to soar through all of them. What do you mean, you might ask? Get like two of them in a row, and you tend to "get used" to the hook jumps and make it through all the others without problems. They're really horribly overused.

#2 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Re: Hook Jumps

I agree with this post so much I +rep'd you.

#3 Before February 2015

mistahboi

Thanks for the rep! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

I just want this to be known so less people spam hook jumps everywhere.

#4 Before February 2015

emanresu

Hook jumps are second nature to me by now. The only ones I hate are the 1x1 hook jumps. Those are just stupidly frustrating and almost entirely luck based. I doubt Chris even intended them to be possible. Just a glitch in the physics system.

#5 Before February 2015

mistahboi

I know. Once you're used to them, they shouldn't be a problem. But there are plenty of other people who struggle with them. I loathe the 1x1 hook jumps. Those are also called pro, but it just means lucky.

#6 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

I have never encountered a 1x1 hook jumps. Are they even possible?

Last edited by Chewy (Dec 30 2010 12:14:27 pm)

#7 Before February 2015

Rhythm

Yes.

#8 Before February 2015

Freak

I didn't even know you could do a 1x1 hook jump
video ploxor

#9 Before February 2015

mistahboi

It's really... uncommon for that to happen though. I've only done it once, and that was an accident.

#10 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

I done a 1x1 hook jump about 15 times :/

#11 Before February 2015

luker2009

sorry for off topic but,
iv done it 2 times, once was in a trolled level

#12 Before February 2015

mistahboi

Please don't gloat about something that requires absolutely no skill at all. :/

#13 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

it's basically, move to the left/right and hit the spacebar as fast as possible.

#14 Before February 2015

mistahboi

I know, right? A few of them are fine by me, but loading a map full of them is stupid, as what you said is all that needs to be done.

#15 Before February 2015

maksymilian

we ALL hate hook jumps

#16 Before February 2015

IceMarioEx

No, Specialy i hate them in the right side, Is easy in the left side, But like more than 10 hook jumps on the left, Is so crazy to me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Last edited by IceMarioEx (Dec 31 2010 2:07:23 pm)

#17 Before February 2015

IceMarioEx

But is easy with the line, Specialy like over 100 hook jumps with the line i could,
Not the right side, //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#18 Before February 2015

RayDof

Took me a while to get the hang of the hook jumps as well, I do hate those as well and agree that more then 3-5 in a roll is just overuse. However

No, Specialy i hate them in the right side, Is easy in the left side, But like more than 10 hook jumps on the left, Is so crazy to me

unlike you the left side is easy but the right side can become very annoying. Which is why I don't normally use hook jumps in my rooms, and even if I do I add a way around it cuz I know alot of people havent got the hang of them. Then again I do mostly nature art, and just build a level around that. But hook jumps I've seen a column from top to bottom over 5 rolls long on a map 200x200 before you even get to the mini games. I didn't even bother with it and left as soon as I seen the mini map.

[Edit] as for the 1x1 hook jumps I've only done it once and yes its purely based on luck.

Last edited by RayDof (Dec 31 2010 2:21:02 pm)

#19 Before February 2015

darkday

hook jumps are easy. But I've been playing since the like .1 version on newgrounds.

And 1x1 jumps are possible because the smiley is actually 1 pixel smaller than a block.

#20 Before February 2015

Null
Website

Hmm, hook jumps are okay. I don't usually see long lines of them often anyways. What I really hate though are stairs. They're way to overused.

I've never done a 1x1 hook jump before, but I've done a normal 1x1 jump a couple of times.

[only logs in here when drunk]
EE Pics
______

#21 Before February 2015

mistahboi

IcyMario, edit your posts together or I will neg you. Yeah, hook jumps aren't exactly annoying, but in groups they are. I still see those clumps, but not as much. An example is FREE GEMS HERE, where you have to do a bunch to get the "code". It's presence isn't confirmed for me, because of idiots behind me touching the key. BTW it's a scam.

mistahboi 1423856959104473

Board footer