Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2018-05-14 22:54:24

John
Member
Joined: 2019-01-11
Posts: 1,780

Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

I personally align primarily with the Democratic party with a few Conservative views sprinkled in. (will put which ones in later)

Last edited by John (2018-05-14 22:55:38)


PW

Offline

#2 2018-05-14 22:56:10

John
Member
Joined: 2019-01-11
Posts: 1,780

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

reserved just in case


PW

Offline

#3 2018-05-15 00:08:32

NorwegianboyEE
Member
From: Norway
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,248

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

Neither of them. From my country’s standards the Democrats are on the right side of the spectrum, while the Republicans are even further right. The two-party system was a mistake.
Though if i really had to choose it’d be the democrats.


L1dl6nb.gif

Offline

Wooted by:

#4 2018-05-15 00:17:25

phinarose
Member
From: Dizzy Land
Joined: 2015-12-31
Posts: 84

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

I am a Progressive because many of the views I hold align with their platform. With that being said I don't like the Republican party nor do I like the Democratic party because they are both flawed in their own ways.


WjoM2zh.png

Offline

#5 2018-05-15 01:18:24

Xfrogman43
Member
From: need to find a new home
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,158

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

none because i never learned politics and i dont care


zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Offline

#6 2018-05-15 01:20:52

Enurp
Banned
From: Ohio
Joined: 2015-06-20
Posts: 445

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

Extreme conservative. i voted trump. i personally stole 3 people's healthcare last week and I own 45 guns all of which have been involved in a mass shooting.

Offline

Wooted by:

#7 2018-05-15 01:35:23

XxAtillaxX
Member
From: Canada
Joined: 2015-11-28
Posts: 3,942

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

If I had to choose a political party, I'd likely go with the progressive movement.

I'm in favour of the majority of the policy advocated for by the progressive platform, although I reserve many of my own more radical positions as subject for further nuance, ideally on the basis of a further left-wing society where they're more readily applicable.

I'll instance a few people I typically side with on many issues, for the sake of brevity and succinctness: Kyle Kulinski, Richard Wolff and Christopher Hitchens, followed closely by with Noam Chomsky. I contrast between the latter two on foreign policy, although I admire Kyle Kulinski's vehemently anti-war outlook as well.


atill.gif

Offline

#8 2018-05-15 04:13:53

Ratburntro44
Member
Joined: 1970-01-01
Posts: 1,381
Website

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

i belueve that we should repeal the 22nd amendments and reelect george bush


CfDaJeOm.png

Offline

#9 2018-05-15 04:47:49

Onjit
Member
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 7,744
Website

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

Ratburntro44 wrote:

i belueve that we should repeal the 22nd amendments and reelect george bush

senior or junior?


ಠ_ಠ

Offline

#10 2018-05-15 05:19:03

RavaTroll
Member
From: France
Joined: 2015-02-16
Posts: 803

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

I think the US should become a monarchy.


SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

Offline

#11 2018-05-15 05:43:12

Enurp
Banned
From: Ohio
Joined: 2015-06-20
Posts: 445

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

Onjit wrote:
Ratburntro44 wrote:

i belueve that we should repeal the 22nd amendments and reelect george bush

senior or junior?

Both. D O U B L E T E A M this **** up

Offline

Wooted by:

#12 2018-05-15 14:13:40

John
Member
Joined: 2019-01-11
Posts: 1,780

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

From my country’s standards the Democrats are on the right side of the spectrum, while the Republicans are even further right.

that is interesting!

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

The two-party system was a mistake.

i completely agree

phinarose wrote:

I am a Progressive because many of the views I hold align with their platform. With that being said I don't like the Republican party nor do I like the Democratic party because they are both flawed in their own ways.

this makes sense, and i completely agree that both are flawed
i personally liked bernie sanders a lot (i think i posted somewhere about him), it just sucks that only democrats and republicans have a chance to get elected nowadays. (bernie was like a progressive i believe)

Xfrogman43 wrote:

none because i never learned politics and i dont care

then why'd you post? lol

Enurp wrote:

Extreme conservative. i voted trump. i personally stole 3 people's healthcare last week and I own 45 guns all of which have been involved in a mass shooting.

what

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I'm in favour of the majority of the policy advocated for by the progressive platform, although I reserve many of my own more radical positions as subject for further nuance, ideally on the basis of a further left-wing society where they're more readily applicable.

i honestly do not know much about the progressive platform, i'll do some digging to see if it matches me better

Ratburntro44 wrote:

i belueve that we should repeal the 22nd amendments

o0o0of?

Ratburntro44 wrote:

reelect george bush

oh ok

RavaTroll wrote:

I think the US should become a monarchy.

interesting stance. some argue that the US is already an oligopoly


PW

Offline

Wooted by:

#13 2018-05-15 19:03:45

Emma333
Member
From: The Netherlands
Joined: 2015-04-16
Posts: 572

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

Communist party ofcoouurse


c4l0RmQ.png dPtNSbx.png Signature by AnatolyEE

Offline

Wooted by:

#14 2018-05-15 20:27:13

azurepudding
Member
Joined: 2016-11-18
Posts: 706

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

Political parties brainwash people, that's part of why we got Trump.  Why do we have political parties when it's essentially impossible for any two persons to agree 100% on literally any topic or issue?

Everyone should be a free thinker.

Offline

#15 2018-05-15 21:06:58

Emma333
Member
From: The Netherlands
Joined: 2015-04-16
Posts: 572

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

azurepudding wrote:

Political parties brainwash people, that's part of why we got Trump.  Why do we have political parties when it's essentially impossible for any two persons to agree 100% on literally any topic or issue?

Everyone should be a free thinker.

Okay, so do you want people to vote for every little thing seperately?
The idea of political parties is that you can choose a representative instead if having to vote for every little thing. Many small idea’s come from a bigger ideology, so a lot of time a party system will work. Though I believe everyone will agree that the US party system is utter garbage. This doesn’t mean no party system will ever work or has ever worked.
Many people are free thinkers while still believing in a political party.
I’m sure you’re talking about people who just vote on the same oarty as their oarents and are too lazy to care about the people in their country to think for themselves. With that I agree. People whith a disinterest in politics are weak people imo. But I’m sure many others here disagree with me.


c4l0RmQ.png dPtNSbx.png Signature by AnatolyEE

Offline

Wooted by:

#16 2018-05-15 21:51:43

XxAtillaxX
Member
From: Canada
Joined: 2015-11-28
Posts: 3,942

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

John wrote:

i honestly do not know much about the progressive platform, i'll do some digging to see if it matches me better

If you supported Sanders, you aren't the voter whose interests the Democratic Party wishes to serve.


atill.gif

Offline

#17 2018-05-15 23:17:00

hummerz5
Member
From: wait I'm not a secret mod huh
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 5,795

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

Emma333 wrote:

The idea of political parties is that you can choose a representative instead if having to vote for every little thing. Many small idea’s come from a bigger ideology, so a lot of time a party system will work. Though I believe everyone will agree that the US party system is utter garbage. This doesn’t mean no party system will ever work or has ever worked.

hold on. I'd like to rehash that statement

the idea of political parties is so that people get into this hive mind of "us vs. them" which works out relatively well for people who want to stay in office. You essentially decide which agenda is closer to what you would appreciate (either as a voter, congressman, party leader, etc) and go from there.

I don't condone the system, certainly. (actually wrote a paper saying it's BS) but political parties serve that function of simplifying the issues.

So you're right though in another aspect, if you tried to find a representative for you then you'd probably have a really hard time and it wouldn't be a viable approach. Say there are only ten issues people disagree about and they're only binary in depth. that's 1024 different ways to feel. So again, this system (to work at all) would require some "eh I'm disappointed in that choice but I'll get over it"

I'm pretty keen on that one concept where the registered parties get a share of the legislature, taking care of the whole gerrymandering thing or whatever... but that wouldn't likely help with the us vs. them. polarization, man.

tl;dr: yes they're related but technically voting on every issue is not a problem that is directly solved by parties.

also, this isn't really spurning debate but asking a question so it's more off-topic
also, non-partisan so I mean idk

Offline

Wooted by:

#18 2018-05-16 01:42:15

Zoey2070
Moderation Team
From: Shakuras
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 5,289

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

general left-wing. if i had to choose between repub or dem, definitely dem. but honestly more socialist than anything idk man


proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif ?type=loginstreak&name=zoey2070
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂
danke bluecloud cOtX1wh.gif rest in peace my dear lil crab teague. and fitzpatrick. i loved you a lot
🌈 Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif
uMccify.png buy my silence. permanently. for $350 a month i will stop.

Offline

#19 2018-05-16 04:35:37

Xfrogman43
Member
From: need to find a new home
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,158

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

John wrote:

then why'd you post? lol

freedom of speech?


zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Offline

#20 2018-05-16 04:40:56

Enurp
Banned
From: Ohio
Joined: 2015-06-20
Posts: 445

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

azurepudding wrote:

Political parties brainwash people, that's part of why we got Trump.  Why do we have political parties when it's essentially impossible for any two persons to agree 100% on literally any topic or issue?

Everyone should be a free thinker.

Ha I stole your healthcare while you're being unbiased.

Offline

#21 2018-05-16 06:23:53

Emma333
Member
From: The Netherlands
Joined: 2015-04-16
Posts: 572

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

Xfrogman43 wrote:
John wrote:

then why'd you post? lol

freedom of speech?

I will accept my first ban or warning to say that you must have the brain of an ant.


c4l0RmQ.png dPtNSbx.png Signature by AnatolyEE

Offline

Wooted by:

#22 2018-05-16 06:24:41

Enurp
Banned
From: Ohio
Joined: 2015-06-20
Posts: 445

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

Emma333 wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:
John wrote:

then why'd you post? lol

freedom of speech?

I will accept my first ban or warning to say that you must have the brain of an ant.

When you're banned can I steal your healthcare? The 4 previous ones I have don't cover preexisting conditions

Offline

#23 2018-05-16 06:27:43

Emma333
Member
From: The Netherlands
Joined: 2015-04-16
Posts: 572

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

Enurp wrote:
Emma333 wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:
John wrote:

then why'd you post? lol

freedom of speech?

I will accept my first ban or warning to say that you must have the brain of an ant.

When you're banned can I steal your healthcare? The 4 previous ones I have don't cover preexisting conditions

Yes go ahead you probably need it more than I do


c4l0RmQ.png dPtNSbx.png Signature by AnatolyEE

Offline

#24 2018-05-16 13:41:18

Xfrogman43
Member
From: need to find a new home
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 4,158

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

Emma333 wrote:
Xfrogman43 wrote:
John wrote:

then why'd you post? lol

freedom of speech?

I will accept my first ban or warning to say that you must have the brain of an ant.

thank you


zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Offline

#25 2018-06-11 07:30:02

Wehrmacht
Member
From: Bosnia
Joined: 2018-03-10
Posts: 20

Re: Which political party in the United States do you align with and why?

with my (shaky) understanding of US politics, probably the glorious Libertarian Party, cause i'm a hippie and Gary deserved to win
there's too many commies on this forum


listen up

Offline

TaskManager1528755832709680

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1558342158.4657 - Generated in 0.061 seconds, 11 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.64 MiB (Peak: 1.9 MiB) ]