Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2018-04-04 00:06:58

Anak

Re: Some news from ByteArray about the reboot

ByteArray wrote:

The thing to consider about bringing over levels is: Do we really want to take a fresh new game, that's supposed to revive the core concepts of EE, and fill it with a massive number of broken and mangled levels? I feel like that would greatly hurt the game's potential... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Automatically set them as hidden? Unless that function is being done away with
(I suppose that could be problematic in itself, but if the worlds aren't going to port without being broken then what can you do I guess)

Wooted by:

#77 2018-04-04 05:42:53

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune

Will the reboot contain the prequel levels and the sequel levels? Also I suggest the name Everybody Edits: The Complete Saga

#78 2018-04-04 05:59:49

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Enurp wrote:

Will the reboot contain the prequel levels and the sequel levels? Also I suggest the name Everybody Edits: The Complete Saga

What prequel and sequel levels are you talking about?

Everybody Edits is Fred

#79 2018-04-04 06:05:32

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune

Episode 1-6, plus the deleted level and a preview of Lego Wisconsin James

#80 2018-04-04 06:07:58

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Enurp wrote:

Episode 1-6, plus the deleted level and a preview of Lego Wisconsin James

This game doesn't have any episodes though. Hmm, are you talking about LEGO Star Wars?

Everybody Edits is Fred

#81 2018-04-04 06:53:57

peace

ByteArray wrote:

The thing to consider about bringing over levels is: Do we really want to take a fresh new game, that's supposed to revive the core concepts of EE, and fill it with a massive number of broken and mangled levels? I feel like that would greatly hurt the game's potential... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Of course I'm all for people manually carrying over levels, and potentially automating the process a little with bots! There are a lot of great levels that could probably be fairly easily ported to the reboot, with minimal changes to adapt to the different blocks and slightly different physics. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

hmm agree i should check whci worlds i really want to carry over and whci worlds are ok to not be carie dover

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#82 2018-04-04 08:05:47, last edited by Enurp (2018-04-05 20:33:14)

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune

peace wrote:
ByteArray wrote:

Of course I'm all for people manually carrying over levels, and potentially automating the process a little with bots! There are a lot of great levels that could probably be fairly easily ported to the reboot, with minimal changes to adapt to the different blocks and slightly different physics. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

hmm agree i should check whci worlds i really want to carry over and whci worlds are ok to not be carie dover

I've checked all of my worlds and none of them are okay with being Carie Dover.

Wooted by: (3)

#83 2018-04-04 15:54:26

den3107

I would like to add that I personally would prefer the reboot wouldn't limit itself with it's content.

Indeed the staff will have to think if it's just an (actual) EE 2.0, or a new game (as mentioned).
Because if it's a new game, maybe we can start from scratch with the blocks too. Who knows, maybe we can make packs who are all different, but follow a similar style (while currently it's just a bunch of different blocks).

Obviously this would break the art of worlds, both in macro and mini scale. Also would this be troublesome with converting block/smiley ownerships from one game to the other.
This isn't, however, unfixable. What I'd personally probably would do is create a sort of coupon (let's say the concept of energy and gems stay for the sake of argument).
"Oh, you got items worth X gems?"
"Well, we don't quite yet have that much items in the store just yet..." (probably start with a limited amount of blocks/smileys and add later on).
"But how about we offer you Y gems for the new game? You can buy some of the new blocks, and still have plenty left for the upcoming couple packs!"

Wooted by: (3)
den31071522853666701610

Board footer