Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2018-04-05 12:08:06

azurepudding

Re: Easter and Halloween Contest

Koto wrote:

https://everybodyedits.wordpress.com/20 … tion-2011/

https://everybodyedits.wordpress.com/20 … 1-contest/

You will have to go into the comments to see where it was said only the winners that will gdt them.  It was also promised ingame several times by RPGMaster2000.  I don't have pictures of those, but I was there, and am familiar woth what happened.

I cannot find it at the moment, as I have to leave for work, but it was specfically stated that the artist smiley would be used as a prize for more than just that contest.

The only relevant comment I was able to find stated that these smilies are only for the winners, which I interpret as those who do not earn 1st or 2nd will not get the smilies.  That doesn't necessarily mean this only applies to that one specific contest, though it could mean it.  But as it is not necessarily stated either way, I do not see any promise breaking if these smilies return again, AS LONG AS they are only obtainable for winning another contest.  If they returned as magic smilies or as shop smilies, then there is an argument for a broken promise.  But if they return as prizes, no broken promise.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

#77 2018-04-05 12:19:07

Koto

I actually, totally understand your Point of View, I want you to know this.  I can't remember if RPGMaster was American or not, I know Chris wasn't.  So I'm not sure exactly how to read it, but I can tell you what tue consensus within the community is.  I'll get into more detail on my own post later, but I will say that one of the pumpkin's deserves to be more widely available, while the other is the perfect contest prize.  Hopefully you will like and understand my full position when I make it public.

Wooted by:

#78 2018-04-05 20:32:33

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune

Why don't we just give out all the contest smilies and teach everyone that because entitled people argue flawed arguments that it's better to sob about ingame items than actually put effort into contests because you can get the prizes through some other ****.

Enurp wrote:

Or, and get this. We ignore entitled people/12 year olds begging for ****

#79 2018-04-05 20:43:16, last edited by azurepudding (2018-04-05 20:44:48)

azurepudding

Koto wrote:

I actually, totally understand your Point of View, I want you to know this.  I can't remember if RPGMaster was American or not, I know Chris wasn't.  So I'm not sure exactly how to read it, but I can tell you what tue consensus within the community is.  I'll get into more detail on my own post later, but I will say that one of the pumpkin's deserves to be more widely available, while the other is the perfect contest prize.  Hopefully you will like and understand my full position when I make it public.

I just think of them like.. gold medals at the olympics.  You can win one through hard work and can take pride in it, but that does not mean that after you have won it, that there can never be another olympics.

Enurp wrote:

Why don't we just give out all the contest smilies and teach everyone that because entitled people argue flawed arguments that it's better to sob about ingame items than actually put effort into contests because you can get the prizes through some other ****.

Enurp wrote:

Or, and get this. We ignore entitled people/12 year olds begging for ****

This is a strawman argument because most of us who want the smilies to return, want them only as contest prizes.  so no, that is not entitlement.  please stop the strawmans.  in fact the entitlement is more coming from the other side as people want things just for themselves.  those who want them available again want them won through the same conditions as before, so that's not entitlement at all, but rather equal opportunity.

being available again as a contest prize is not the same as giving them out to everyone for free.  please realize this difference as you are trying to make a false equivalency here.

Azure2.png

#80 2018-04-05 20:59:48, last edited by Enurp (2018-04-05 21:13:44)

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune

Don't you call out my meme-y **** for what it really is. In reality though, we were told that they would be only for that Contest. Anything else is seriously a slap in the balls. My "**** other ways" are mostly aimed towards people agreeing with John/Emalton/**** stating how they should be Magic rewards. That's moronic. When did you speak for the community on how they want limited time items?

Also about the Olympics. How many millions of Athletes are playing the sport? Now compare that to EE's playerbase. It doesn't scale, and giving out previous rewards can make them fall into normality. If everyone had a Gold medal from Down Hill Skiing then they kinda lose their special reward vibe.

How are people with the rewards being entitled when we were literally promised to have them for ourselves because we put hard work into earning them. We were told that it would only be that time. Now newer players feel entitled to have a chance at them even though the promises still stand. How the **** is this hard to understand.

#81 2018-04-05 21:24:11

azurepudding

Enurp wrote:

Don't you call out my meme-y **** for what it really is. In reality though, we were told that they would be only for that Contest. Anything else is seriously a slap in the balls. My "**** other ways" are mostly aimed towards people agreeing with John/Emalton/**** stating how they should be Magic rewards. That's moronic. When did you speak for the community on how they want limited time items?

I have not seen anything official of these smilies being for those contests only.  Just that winners will get them.  Which can mean a future Halloween and Easter contests could happen and allow the same prizes.  Unless evidence is shown that an official admin at the time stated that these smilies would ONLY be for these one time contests specifically, this "broken promise" argument does not hold.  You can want it to be that way, but if it isn't that way, then it isn't that way.

I don't think it would be so much a "slap in the balls" for those who don't have this obsessive entitlement over these smilies.  The winners may have won them fairly, but to want them never available ever again for another contest, screams entitlement.  I completely understand not wanting them as magic or shop smilies.  But to be against an award for another contest is entitlement.

I am part of the community so I can express my opinion on things, but I also read this thread and read some discussions on chat and other threads and there are people who want these smilies only as future contest awards.  There are also those who want them as magic smilies, which I disagree with.  Don't get me wrong there.

Enurp wrote:

Also about the Olympics. How many millions of Athletes are playing the sport? Now compare that to EE's playerbase. It doesn't scale, and giving out previous rewards can make them fall into normality. If everyone had a Gold medal from Down Hill Skiing then they kinda lose their special reward vibe.

I think you're just picking numbers out of the air, it appears about 3,000 athletes will compete in the next olympics and almost 1,000 medals will be worn of bronze, silver, and gold combined. 

And I think you may be arguing a nonpoint as a few of us have already conceded that contests should be saved for when the playerbase reaches high enough again to warrant a contest.

Azure2.png

#82 2018-04-05 22:14:14

Guest.

This is still going on?? Ok come on guys you all know the real answer:
Unified sets of Smileys for every contest. TOOP made these a long time ago.

KQ1kObE.png

I don't think any compensation could be made for previous contest winners -- I don't think we should have any more contests in Flash EE, either.

I don't think unique contest Smileys should exist, either. Here's my plan:

- Reboot released, everyone starts anew.
- New contest comes up; generic contest trophies and Smileys as prizes. Maybe the goal of the contest was to create a new Campaign with the top levels.
- Unique contest Smileys from Flash EE released in the shop as unique Smileys should be.

Both sides would have nothing to complain about. The contest Smileys wouldn't be unique, and would only make sense when used in a contest, so they shouldn't be released to the shop.

#83 2018-04-05 22:23:32, last edited by Joeyc (2018-04-05 22:38:36)

Joeyc

Jet wrote:

- Unique contest Smileys from Flash EE released in the shop as unique Smileys should be.

this is a good flaw though
but are you talking about releasing every previous contest smiley in the shop, for everybody to have?

if so, i'm sure a lot of people wouldn't be so happy to have this KQ1kObE.png

#84 2018-04-05 22:45:41, last edited by Koto (2018-04-05 22:56:44)

Koto

Oh, man, I do not like those at all, haha.  I do not have the time to make the full post I want to make, but in my honest opinion.... Smileys ARE badges.  I plan on going into full detail on Saturday (That's when I should have time).  I'll try and work on my post a little tonight, as there is a lot I want to cover (I plan on talking about smileys/badges, personality/individuality within EE, Contests, and rewarding the long-term playerbase).  I hope I can get the current staff's attention with this.

Edit: Deleted my lower post.

#85 2018-04-05 22:49:03

Guest.

Joeyc wrote:
Jet wrote:

this is a good flaw though
but are you talking about releasing every previous contest smiley in the shop, for everybody to have?

if so, i'm sure a lot of people wouldn't be so happy to have this http://i.imgur.com/KQ1kObE.png

yes. they couldn't complain because its a new game

#86 2018-04-05 23:00:37

Joeyc

Koto wrote:

Oh,l man, I do not like those at all, haha.  I do not have the time to make the full post I want to make, but in my honest opinion.... Smileys ARE badges.

oo maybe a legacy badge to show we did that contest before the reboot and these will only exist in the reboot. To prevent confusion with the previous ones??? i like //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#87 2018-04-05 23:05:58

Koto

...More like getting a reward of a smiley on your account anniversary day, logging in everyday for a month, etc.

#88 2018-04-05 23:07:18

Joeyc

Koto wrote:

...More like getting a reward of a smiley on your account anniversary day, logging in everyday for a month, etc.

people could easily bot that though

Wooted by:

#89 2018-04-05 23:11:33, last edited by Koto (2018-04-05 23:12:34)

Koto

The second one, possibly.  However just a month isn't that big, that it might not matter in the long run.  A week might be better, though.

#90 2018-04-05 23:15:50

Guest.

Joeyc wrote:
Koto wrote:

Oh,l man, I do not like those at all, haha.  I do not have the time to make the full post I want to make, but in my honest opinion.... Smileys ARE badges.

oo maybe a legacy badge to show we did that contest before the reboot and these will only exist in the reboot. To prevent confusion with the previous ones??? i like //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

no legacy stuff relating to contests please

Wooted by:

#91 2018-04-05 23:22:45

Joeyc

Jet wrote:
Joeyc wrote:
Koto wrote:

k so I worked for everybody to have just have it in the long run. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#92 2018-04-05 23:25:37

Koto

Well, if the smileys that were created by the people from that Smiley contest years ago are used in the reboot, the creators of those smileys are entitled to them.

#93 2018-04-05 23:27:20, last edited by Joeyc (2018-04-05 23:28:29)

Joeyc

Koto wrote:

Well, if the smileys that were created by the people from that Smiley contest years ago are used in the reboot, the creators of those smileys are entitled to them.

Yes, but you'll have wasted time for a little smiley w/ medal

Which obivously isn't the reason i participated.

#94 2018-04-05 23:40:29

Guest.

Joeyc wrote:

k so I worked for everybody to have just have it in the long run. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

please. this could be said for literally anything not being carried over to the reboot. stop nitpicking

#95 2018-04-06 00:48:56, last edited by Zoey2070 (2018-04-06 00:49:12)

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Joeyc wrote:
Jet wrote:
Joeyc wrote:
Koto wrote:

when u think about it, ur just like rosa parks! a hero! you paved the way for others to have good things

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#96 2018-04-06 00:55:46

Anak

Zoey2070 wrote:

ur just like rosa parks!

Zoey you're great really but I think we're just gonna have to stop it right there

Wooted by:

#97 2018-04-06 02:48:34

Onjit
Website

Zoey2070 wrote:
Joeyc wrote:
Jet wrote:
Joeyc wrote:
Koto wrote:

when u think about it, ur just like rosa parks! a hero! you paved the way for others to have good things

what the actual **** are you on someone needs to block your vision mister

:.|:;

#98 2018-04-06 06:56:17

peace

Jet wrote:

Jet wrote:

The contest Smileys wouldn't be unique, and would only make sense when used in a contest, so they shouldn't be released to the shop.

????
anyway i thnk ee cold just make small medaals wwith diffrent shaoepes and you can wear it under any smiley you want

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#99 2018-04-06 07:03:12

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

peace wrote:
Jet wrote:

Jet wrote:

The contest Smileys wouldn't be unique, and would only make sense when used in a contest, so they shouldn't be released to the shop.

????
anyway i thnk ee cold just make small medaals wwith diffrent shaoepes and you can wear it under any smiley you want

holy **** can you **** proofread your text before posting
I don't know how hard you have to smash your keyboard to type "shaoepes" instead of "shapes"
Wtf??

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#100 2018-04-06 07:10:56, last edited by Enurp (2018-04-06 07:11:04)

Enurp
Formerly ThuggishPrune

TaskManager wrote:
peace wrote:
Jet wrote:

Jet wrote:

????

holy **** can you **** proofread your text before posting
I don't know how hard you have to smash your keyboard to type "shaoepes" instead of "shapes"
Wtf??

He clearly wants medals with diffrent shaoepes, not shapes. What's hard to understand about it?

dcomet1523665406703047

Board footer