Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

MaybeNot

I feel less and less 'special' as a beta now.

Alright, before chat and shop was given to non-betas, we were feeling quite.. 'Special' you may say. We finally thought that getting beta was pretty darn worth it. But then, Chris implements chat and shop to non-betas.

Now I don't feel so special anymore. Non-betas get usernames, and get access to FREE smileys that are pretty much better than the beta-only ones.

No, i'm not self-centered. I'm speaking for all the beta members. Just saying it's unfair for us beta people who paid $10 USD for features that people who didn't pay can get.

I'm not sure if the non-betas who buy the saved levels get SAVED levels. If they do, Beta is nothing. NOTHING.

What I want is the shop to remain beta-only. Either that or we beta people get the ability to change our main colour. Changing our main colour would mean changing the colour of our : Name, smiley outline and colour of the chat bubble.

#2 Before February 2015

emanresu

Re: I feel less and less 'special' as a beta now.

Do you know what beta testing is? You didn't buy a beta account so you could have exclusive features. You bought beta so you could test new features first before they were added to the main game. If it makes you feel better, we should be getting some new features soon that will be beta exclusive for a while.

#3 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Beta finds bugs and stuff, once it passes beta it goes to the public game. You paid to test the game.   That's what beta's for. Beta =/= premium features

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#4 Before February 2015

MaybeNot

I know what beta testing is.

I'm pretty sure people bought beta to have the privlige to test AND for the exclusive features. Not so 'exclusive' now.

#5 Before February 2015

Doom moose

dude did you or did you not just read the post above you? IT WAS ONLY MENT TO TEST STUFF AND WORK OUT THE BUGS BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE<READ THIS. THE FREE VERSION GETS THEM! READ THE POST ABOVE YOU BEFORE YOU POST! There is a certain gif but i dnk where it was. Its some guy going "READ THE MOTHER ****ING THREAD BEFORE YOU MOTHER ****ING POST!"

#6 Before February 2015

DarkFire

You are so right MaybeNot. i got beta because i thought it would have at least SOME benifits, bit now... it fails. betas had usernames, but only betas had them. now everybody does. now i fell.. less special. >.>

#7 Before February 2015

MaybeNot

Doom moose wrote:

dude did you or did you not just read the post above you? IT WAS ONLY MENT TO TEST STUFF AND WORK OUT THE BUGS BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE<READ THIS. THE FREE VERSION GETS THEM! READ THE POST ABOVE YOU BEFORE YOU POST! There is a certain gif but i dnk where it was. Its some guy going "READ THE MOTHER ****ING THREAD BEFORE YOU MOTHER ****ING POST!"

How old are you? 8? Need I explain to you WRITING IN CAPS AND SWEARING IS NOT COOL little kid?

If beta was only to test features before they are fully release to the public, then beta should never have gotten the 6 Bricks and Smileys (which is outdatted and overatted by now) and it should never have costed $10.

Most other games release beta to all the public, for free. Once beta state is over, all the beta testers get something exclusive.

Heres the difference: We beta people spent $10 for what was ment to be released free, because we thought that we would get exclusive content. Then, near the end of beta we don't get anything that's cool or interesting as an exclusive, we get outdated smileys and bricks that cannot compete with the free ones.

#8 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

sucks for you. You paid for it. And how old are YOU? I'm 15 and have a job.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#9 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

I totally agree, MabeNot! It's also really hard to tell who's beta now. You see beatas AND non-betas with chat, which are the betas??? Also, the extra smileys and beta bricks almost feel like nothing now. Plus, I have NO IDEA why the //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral smiley is now for guests, for it's because chat was taken. Also, it was easier to find betas by their smileys, now you have to find betas throught a hundred worker smileys. And if you show you're beta with your exclusive smileys, people would laugh at you and think you don't have new smileys, and it's annoying to keep changing your smiley, especially in bosses. It's also annoying non-chatters can't read chat messages.

Last edited by Krazyman50 (Dec 31 2010 7:27:44 pm)

#10 Before February 2015

DarkFire

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:

I totally agree, MabeNot! It's also really hard to tell who's beta now. You see beatas AND non-betas with chat, which are the betas??? Also, the extra smileys and beta bricks almost feel like nothing now. Plus, I have NO IDEA why the //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral smiley is now for guests, for it's because chat was taken. Also, it was easier to find betas by their smileys, now you have to find betas throught a hundred worker smileys. And if you show you're beta with your exclusive smileys, people would laugh at you and think you don't have new smileys, and it's annoying to keep changing your smiley, especially in bosses. It's also annoying non-chatters can't read chat messages.

Totally agree, it's nearly impossible to tell who is or isn't beta, the ninja smiley and the worker smiley made all of the beta smileys   lame and obsolete. there is no benefit whatsoever, besides the bricks, to being a beta. everything is just going to be released to the free version and what do we beta's get, when beta is done? nothing. I'm in full rant mode, somebody just guessed the pass on one of my levels and trolled my art. uncool.

#11 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

DarkFire wrote:

somebody just guessed the pass on one of my levels and trolled my art. uncool.

If you don't want people finding your code, make the code a bunch of random numbers and letters.

#12 Before February 2015

emanresu

And if you show you're beta with your exclusive smileys, people would laugh at you and think you don't have new smileys

the ninja smiley and the worker smiley made all of the beta smileys   lame and obsolete.

Lmao you kids and your e-peens. I just use the smiley I like best; I don't give a damn if it's not the newest or whether other people know I'm beta. I play video games to have fun, not to "feel special". And the reason for the beta only smilies and bricks was as a thank you for buying beta and supporting EE.

#13 Before February 2015

Null
Website

Beta is for testing out features before they are released to the public. Buying it is to support this game and help pay costs for hosting the site, etc. The extra bricks and smileys are simply a thanks for the donation. Those will never be given out freely in any way, and doesn't that make them special other than some smiley that you can simply get in time?

Everybody Edits is always changing . Sometime in the future we'll have exclusive early access to something else special before the non-betas get it, and until they release that to the public, you can once again feel unique.

Last edited by Null (Dec 31 2010 8:40:46 pm)

[only logs in here when drunk]
EE Pics
______

#14 Before February 2015

mistahboi

I'm okay with this because I got Beta via offers on Christmas, but I understand how people who paid felt. Beta isn't worth $10 now.

#15 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Null wrote:

Beta is for testing out features before they are released to the public. Buying it is to support this game and help pay costs for hosting the site, etc. The extra bricks and smileys are simply a thanks for the donation. Those will never be given out freely in any way, and doesn't that make them special other than some smiley that you can simply get in time?

Everybody Edits is always changing . Sometime in the future we'll have exclusive early access to something else special before the non-betas get it, and until they release that to the public, you can once again feel unique.

Doom moose wrote:

Zoey2070 wrote:

Beta finds bugs and stuff, once it passes beta it goes to the public game. You paid to test the game.   That's what beta's for. Beta =/= premium features

emanresu wrote:

Do you know what beta testing is? You didn't buy a beta account so you could have exclusive features. You bought beta so you could test new features first before they were added to the main game. If it makes you feel better, we should be getting some new features soon that will be beta exclusive for a while.

STOP TELLING US, WE ALREADY KNOW! I GAURENTEE YOU, AT LEAST 80% OF PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT BETA JUST BOUGHT IT FOR EXTRA SMILEYS AND BRICKS! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad
Uh... It's so hard to calm down now... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad :O //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile :rolleyes:

#16 Before February 2015

DarkFire

KRAZYMAN50 wrote:
Null wrote:

Doom moose wrote:

Zoey2070 wrote:

emanresu wrote:

STOP TELLING US, WE ALREADY KNOW! I GAURENTEE YOU, AT LEAST 80% OF PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT BETA JUST BOUGHT IT FOR EXTRA SMILEYS AND BRICKS! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad
Uh... It's so hard to calm down now... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad :O //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile :rolleyes:

Well, happy new year too you too! sorry for getting off topic.

#17 Before February 2015

emanresu

STOP TELLING US, WE ALREADY KNOW! I GAURENTEE YOU, AT LEAST 80% OF PEOPLE WHO BOUGHT BETA JUST BOUGHT IT FOR EXTRA SMILEYS AND BRICKS!

We'll stop telling you when you stop complaining about non-betas getting beta features.

#18 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

I thought that shop/chat should stay beta for a bit while ftrr mebers get beta smiles (registered) because theyve been here longer.

#19 Before February 2015

FMaster

I also feel less "special". We aren't testing any new features now :/

#20 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Don't worry, you guys will all get new features very soon. As Chris stated, this development cycle has ended. Beta got loads of features and the normal client was brought up to speed as well. Now begins the next cycle where the betas get to have all the fun stuff again so sit tight! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#21 Before February 2015

FMaster

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

Don't worry, you guys will all get new features very soon. As Chris stated, this development cycle has ended. Beta got loads of features and the normal client was brought up to speed as well. Now begins the next cycle where the betas get to have all the fun stuff again so sit tight! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

When is "very soon"?

#22 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

This next week, I'm guessing?

#23 Before February 2015

FMaster

RPGMaster2000 wrote:

This next week, I'm guessing?

Cool //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#24 Before February 2015

mistahboi

Hooray! It's time for me to see how it was like for betas a while ago! ^_^

Last edited by mistahboi (Jan 1 2011 1:05:16 pm)

#25 Before February 2015

Vulcan

Luckily I bought the beta after people were getting all **** over him charging 5 dollars for it. And I only paid like 20 cents.

That was all I had in my bank account ;^;

MaybeNot 1423857696103736

Board footer