Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-03 16:31:36

SoapFish

[757] Poison liquid.

Let's get to the point: Fluid that kills you.

"How? Lava exists already."

Let me explain. To exactly point it out, poison is liquid that, when in contact with a player, gives that player a poisoning effect—let's call it, the "trance."

Now, when a player is in the trance, as long as he swims in the poison, he's fine—but, when he gets out of it, he'd die. However! Players, when in poison, can exit the trance when they touch water right next to the poison. This way, they won't die from the trance anymore.

"eh we dont need this we have lava pffft"

I'm afraid poison is a lot different than lava. When you touch lava, you would die after a few seconds, whether you're touching the lava or not; when you touch poison, you wouldn't die unless you get out of the poison. The exception for both is when you touch water—but in poison, the water should be right next to the poison.

"what can i use it for?"

Lots of things. You can use it for underwater levels, minigames, and anything your imagination produces.

"cool idea but how fast is its fluid dynamics or whatever"

I don't really know. I haven't tried swimming in poison yet; although, I think it would be nice if it were less dense, like water.

"10/10 best idea" "no this idea is disgusting why does it exist"
Thank you. I openly accept constructive criticism.

Anyway, I hope you understood what I just said.

Hey there. Wanna know a secret? Send me "Souffezhi" through PM to find out!

GE87uYz.gif

#2 2018-03-03 16:48:28

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Re: [757] Poison liquid.

How different is this to simply surrounding water with spikes, except in some places?

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#3 2018-03-03 17:14:20

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

SoapFish wrote:

Now, when a player is in the trance, as long as he swims in the poison, he's fine—but, when he gets out of it, he'd die. However! Players, when in poison, can exit the trance when they touch water right next to the poison. This way, they won't die from the trance anymore.

the way your poison works is very specific and unintuitive
i cant really think of many ways to use this in game with the mechanics of this action block being so specific
it will be also confusing to many. popular opinion is that poison starts working the moment you contact with it and it slowly kills you. it doesn't wait until your body has a contact with air or anything alike. i can understand the "water removes poison" part, it could be explained with something like "well the water washes the poison off your smiley's skin", but not the "poison that touches your skin starts acting as soon as you leave the poison bath". it's just counterintuitive.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#4 2018-03-03 21:26:11

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

I don’t think that’s how poison works.
“Just keep drinking the poison and you’ll be fine!”

Also Tomahawk makes a good point, it’s not too hard to recreate it using spikes

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2018-03-03 21:46:55

peace

i woudl like to see a poisoin that kills you after centrain amoutn of time but faster if ur in the poison and that the effect comes 1 sec after touchign it (like not inmediatly) you aklso would become a tranperent sick smiley whic becomes sicker every second

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

peace1520110015697610

Board footer