Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-24 11:38:58, last edited by benedani (2018-02-24 11:52:14)

benedani

[Beta] BeneBot (v1.4)

Looking for a bot to use in your worlds? Don't look further than BeneBot! Well, let's look at the list of features, shall we?

• Draw commands! You can use these to aid you in building your levels. Currently, you can draw boxes, you can randomize blocks, and you can draw circles. More might be added soon.

• Admins and a banlist! You can also ban people by their simple ID, which means they can't change their name to get around it. Also, there are "editbans" for Free Edit worlds, so you can make sure people can't edit the world without you wanting them to while also using the automated system.

• Smart Auto Edit! You need to pick up a team to get edit with this mode. This is because otherwise trollbots could just join and troll, as if your world had a code. You can also do a few minigames to help waste the time of trolls, like I do. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

• Block blacklist! Don't want people moving the spawnpoint around? You can do that too! For reference, here is a list which contains the spawnpoint and team blocks: 255, 423, 1027, 1028

• Zones! Okay, people can't move the spawn around, but they can still modify the original spawnpoint. Well, not anymore. Recently introduced, zones will temporarily ban those who attempt to build in them - unless they are in the group it was made for. You can have zones for a certain player, or just admins. Remember that admins can ALWAYS build in ALL zones. Make sure you trust your admins.

• Compatible with other bots! BeneBot has a list where you can insert commands that other bots use with the ! prefix. I don't know how other bots will react to BeneBot commands, but that's out of my control.

• Undoing trolls! Well, despite being "protected" from trolls with a thing that wastes their time, they can still get in. Oh, boy, you should have saved the world! ...or not. Given that the bot was online during the troll, you can just do !undoall <playername> and all their work will be replaced with what was there prior to the troll. Still save your worlds, though, as the system is not perfect yet.

• World management! You no longer need to use the wonky crew system. There are a few commands that allow changing of (some) of the world settings. Also, admins can modify the config (not all of it), so you will be sure that you don't need to be online all the time! (Once again, just make sure you trust your admins, lol)

• Global ban list! Tired of trollbots and widely hated players? Looking for a way to keep them out? Well, leave that up to me. You don't have to worry about these people anymore.

• And more! Remember, the bot doesn't have every single feature. Suggestions/feedback can come in replies to this topic. Features are constantly being added to appeal to more and more people and world styles. #dominance okno

Well, cool, where do I download it? Here: https://benebot.weebly.com/

By the way, this bot was designed to work with both Everybody Edits and Every Build Exists, but EBE died, so that's something that will be deleted later.

For those who think that BeneBot is bad:

CONTENT WARNING

Edit: the url has 666 in it, is it a symbol?

#2 2018-02-24 12:15:51

LukeM
Website

Re: [Beta] BeneBot (v1.4)

As a response to some of your arguments about why you did some things / why they are not bad:

benedani wrote:

somebody who opened this spoiler for some reason.

It's not a spoiler!!! (sorry it just really annoys me when people use triggers instead of spoilers thinking they are the same)

benedani wrote:

The spyware/malware theory.

I can confirm that as far as I can tell, there shouldn't be any privacy concerns, what benedani claims seems to be true

benedani wrote:

The global ban list.

You say earlier that its to prevent trolls and players you otherwise wouldn't want in your world, but if this is the case you probably shouldn't be adding people to it just because you had an argument with them... IMO you should either remove this feature, or use it as a tool for good rather than a way to annoy people you don't like.

benedani wrote:

Excessive use of Try Catch.

I've looked through the decompiled code and most of the try catch blocks are for good reasons, although personally I would wrap the logging in a function so that you only need a few try catch blocks instead of rewriting them everywhere you log something, although thats just a visual preference. There are a few that you dont need as theres nothing that can throw an exception in the first place (e.g. in the team message), and with commands its probably best to check that there are the correct number of arguments, then use TryParse, but as I said before, most of them are needed.

benedani wrote:

Me being "hardcoded" as admin and unbannable.

This is more of an opinion thing, so although I wouldn't do it myself, you can't really say its wrong. I haven't hardcoded myself into any of my bots purely because I believe that the argument "I won't exploit this / I don't troll so people shouldn't need to ban me" isn't valid because if you don't exploit it and don't give people reasons to ban you, you won't need the admin / unbannable thing anyway.

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2018-02-24 12:25:47

benedani

LukeM wrote:

You say earlier that its to prevent trolls and players you otherwise wouldn't want in your world, but if this is the case you probably shouldn't be adding people to it just because you had an argument with them... IMO you should either remove this feature, or use it as a tool for good rather than a way to annoy people you don't like.

People aren't added to Global Ban just for an argument. Check for yourself.

LukeM wrote:

I haven't hardcoded myself into any of my bots purely because I believe that the argument "I won't exploit this / I don't troll so people shouldn't need to ban me" isn't valid because if you don't exploit it and don't give people reasons to ban you, you won't need the admin / unbannable thing anyway.

The thing is, the EE community is kind of dumb. Some people would just ban me, as I'm kind of hated for retarded reasons. Though, I'm not sure why they would use my software anyway. If I'm some kind of evildoer, I could have just put MEMZ into the bot or something. By the way, about the admin thing, that's actually false. All the hardcode does is make me unable to get !kicked or !banned, but I don't get access to the commands, those still have to be done by you. In conclusion, there's not really much of an excuse both to not hardcode and to hardcode, so I just did it anyway.

#4 2018-02-24 13:44:40

capasha

benedani wrote:

about the admin thing, that's actually false. All the hardcode does is make me unable to get !kicked or !banned, but I don't get access to the commands, those still have to be done by you. In conclusion, there's not really much of an excuse both to not hardcode and to hardcode, so I just did it anyway.

I have never seen a good bot with hardcoded anti-ban anti-kick on the creator of the bot tool.
If people want to ban me or kick me through a bot I have coded, that's up to the owner of the world or admin access people.
But I guess people that hardcode this feels offended or so.

#5 2018-02-24 13:53:54

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Sounds like a decent bit, but the ban list ruins it.

Which people to ban is not your decision to make. Shame on you.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#6 2018-02-24 14:12:33

LukeM
Website

Just checked the file again, and you seem to have removed quite a lot of the bans which are for personal reasons since a few days ago, which is good
If it stays as just a list of trollers then it's more down to personal preference, rather than actually making the bot worse, so I guess it's ok now

#7 2018-02-24 15:24:12, last edited by Tomahawk (2018-02-24 15:26:01)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

It could be a nice idea to have a list of trollers in a ban list, as long as the user could toggle the banning on and off.

EDIT: and if it was just a list of trollers, then they could be not given edit upon joining, instead of being kicked.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2018-02-24 16:26:41

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

benedani wrote:

Looking for a bot to use in your worlds? Don't look further than BeneBot! Well, let's look at the list of features, shall we?

• Draw commands! You can use these to aid you in building your levels. Currently, you can draw boxes, you can randomize blocks, and you can draw circles. More might be added soon.

• Admins and a banlist! You can also ban people by their simple ID, which means they can't change their name to get around it. Also, there are "editbans" for Free Edit worlds, so you can make sure people can't edit the world without you wanting them to while also using the automated system.

• Smart Auto Edit! You need to pick up a team to get edit with this mode. This is because otherwise trollbots could just join and troll, as if your world had a code. You can also do a few minigames to help waste the time of trolls, like I do. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

• Block blacklist! Don't want people moving the spawnpoint around? You can do that too! For reference, here is a list which contains the spawnpoint and team blocks: 255, 423, 1027, 1028

• Zones! Okay, people can't move the spawn around, but they can still modify the original spawnpoint. Well, not anymore. Recently introduced, zones will temporarily ban those who attempt to build in them - unless they are in the group it was made for. You can have zones for a certain player, or just admins. Remember that admins can ALWAYS build in ALL zones. Make sure you trust your admins.

• Compatible with other bots! BeneBot has a list where you can insert commands that other bots use with the ! prefix. I don't know how other bots will react to BeneBot commands, but that's out of my control.

• Undoing trolls! Well, despite being "protected" from trolls with a thing that wastes their time, they can still get in. Oh, boy, you should have saved the world! ...or not. Given that the bot was online during the troll, you can just do !undoall <playername> and all their work will be replaced with what was there prior to the troll. Still save your worlds, though, as the system is not perfect yet.

• World management! You no longer need to use the wonky crew system. There are a few commands that allow changing of (some) of the world settings. Also, admins can modify the config (not all of it), so you will be sure that you don't need to be online all the time! (Once again, just make sure you trust your admins, lol)

• Global ban list! Tired of trollbots and widely hated players? Looking for a way to keep them out? Well, leave that up to me. You don't have to worry about these people anymore.

• And more! Remember, the bot doesn't have every single feature. Suggestions/feedback can come in replies to this topic. Features are constantly being added to appeal to more and more people and world styles. #dominance okno

Well, cool, where do I download it? Here: https://benebot.weebly.com/

By the way, this bot was designed to work with both Everybody Edits and Every Build Exists, but EBE died, so that's something that will be deleted later.

For those who think that BeneBot is bad:

CONTENT WARNING

Edit: the url has 666 in it, is it a symbol?

requests:
add a digbot.
add a snakebot
and miss more

good things about the bot:
it can run over 2 games: Everybody Edits and Every Build Exits.
Undoing trolls!: a great feature. so you haven't save the world.

more things can be found over it but first the bad things.
the owner of the bot cannot be banned. seriously. it is a serious bad feature. global bans are okay but the maker of the bot souldn't br banned. this is on of the worst features of the bot

#9 2018-02-24 16:33:24

den3107

Tomahawk wrote:

and if it was just a list of trollers, then they could be not given edit upon joining, instead of being kicked.

Perhaps instead of a global ban list, it's basically a reported list.
Whenever you try to do a command other than ban/kick, the bot will warn you that this person has been marked as untrustworthy and asks for confirmation before executing the command.
Just an idea.

Wooted by:

#10 2018-02-24 17:01:07

benedani

RailMat wrote:

the owner of the bot cannot be banned. seriously. it is a serious bad feature. global bans are okay but the maker of the bot souldn't br banned. this is on of the worst features of the bot

Give me one reason why I should be banned. If you hate me, then why do you even use my software?

Tomahawk wrote:

Sounds like a decent bit, but the ban list ruins it.
Which people to ban is not your decision to make. Shame on you.

That biased talk though. If you want to request removal of somebody from the Global Ban list, you can do it in a reply. But I won't remove the feature.

#11 2018-02-24 17:24:14

capasha

benedani wrote:
RailMat wrote:

Give me one reason why I should be banned. If you hate me, then why do you even use my software?

So people must hate other people to ban them?
What I know you ban people because they don't think like you. So yes ban people by hate.

#12 2018-02-24 17:42:43, last edited by Luka504 (2018-02-24 17:44:06)

Luka504

Bene, you shouln't dictate that others must be the same as you by cramming in a global banlist that you can alter.
You claim that the only people that you put there are ''infamous people'' but that's very vague. For example, let's just say Insanity is in that list. And then let's say a lot of people use BeneBot. If it was me, I wouldn't really care if Insanity is in my world or not. But for someone like Master1, he should be able to unban him since they are friends. ''Infamous'' really translates to a list of people you personally don't like, but you have to realize that you aren't the only person in EE and not everyone shares the same vision as you do, so you really need to do a full revoke of the banlist and just let people ban whoever they want.
And while on the topic of banning whoever you desire, you really shouldn't make yourself auto-immune just because you made the bot. Stop playing the ''You can't have it because I said so.'' card since it really shows you lack a genuine reason for making yourself immune to getting banned. If you ever start a feud with someone (Which is very likely, considering how you don't get along with certain people) and then you global-ban them for petty personal reasons, everyone else who uses the bot has to deal with your petty middle school drama.
If people want to ban you with your own bot they should be allowed to do so. There's no genuine reason not to allow them but you won't do it because of your strange belief that you are a saint who can do no wrong.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#13 2018-02-24 17:45:02

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

benedani wrote:
RailMat wrote:

I've no reason but I think it's better for a banlist that everyone can be banned or remove the banlist.

RailMat1519490702696699

Board footer