Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-02-21 21:49:39

benedani

Multiple ideas in one..

Well, since there's new staff, I guess I might as well go on with a bunch of ideas that I'd like to see being added.

(1) /vanish for world owners/crew members. I sometimes want to know what the players are doing without letting them know. I dunno, they might act differently if there's no world owner according to them? Obviously, other people with the privileges + EE staff can still see them.

(2) RGB backgrounds/blocks. Much like you can do /bgcolor, you'd be able to set an individual color to each of them. Think about the pixel art that could be created with it. And to whoever says, "omg it's gonna store a lot of data", RGB colors can be stored into one int, whereas you could just fill up a world with signs with over 4 characters, which is more damage than storing the RGB would do, blah blah blah, add it kthx

(3) Invisibility effect. Basically no one can see you at all, except people with edit, who see you transparent instead.

(4) The ability to disable curse/zombie completely. Setting the values to 0 just make them infinitely exploitable, 1 means there can be one person with zombie and one person that can spread curse to anybody. It can be annoying in free edit worlds to have people able to use these effects with no way to turn them off completely.

(5) Be able to set your own key times. Come on, why can't we change it from 5 seconds to, idk, 2 seconds through the world options? That would be so useful. (Same applies to timed doors)

and some more technical stuff:

(6) Some sort of bulk "b" message. If there's a lot of "b" going on, it can disconnect you due to "too many outstanding packets". Obviously, only the world owner/crew members should be able to send this message (basically placing multiple blocks with one message), but I'd say levels with a lot of editing going on could also combine "b" from a few people into one message, which would be far more efficient. Something like:
"bb", <insert one block data here>, <some separator>, <more block data>...
(The separator isn't needed if you can have the client figure out the lengths of the "b" to parse by block ID, though might be a little more complicated to handle on bots.)

(7) Shorten those goddamn message names. "requestAddToCrew"? "setLobbyPreviewEnabled"? Those use up a LOT of data... well, compared to if it would be shortened, anyway. (for those, rATC and sLPE respectively) I know it's not your fault, it's those who left this mess to you.

(8) Try to optimize the game. This is kind of obvious. There is lag all around the code of the game which should be kept at a minimum. And no, you can't come at me with the excuse "just get a better PC". You can't expect the kids (the game is targeted at anyways) to have the latest gaming PCs available on the market.

Wooted by:
benedani1519246179696456

Board footer