Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-29 10:09:56

chzandham

What does it take to be a EE Mod?

Hello. My name is Chzandham, I have been playing since 2012. And I was wondering.. How do people get picked and what does it take to be a Everybody Edits Mod?

I assume being a Everybody Edits Mod is difficult. Especially if people crowd you and ask you questions about new updates and such.

But do you have to do much? Do you have to be a "Master Builder"? Is there a way I could be a Mod? Do I have what it takes?

So I wanna be able to find out a bunch of info on how this works. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Also is there a way we could advertise the game? I remember in 2012 when we had like 200+ People online every day! But now we probably have like 50+ or 100+ a day. And hiring more staff is a good idea. They can help making the game and work on bugs and such.

Thanks if you read this. -Chzandham //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

tptD29P.png

Credits to Stubby For Making me this Signature!

#2 2018-01-29 11:44:48, last edited by TaskManager (2018-01-29 11:45:29)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: What does it take to be a EE Mod?

if you don't want fellow forumers to straightforward hate you as soon as you start posting here, don't ask to be a mod
most of the people here been playing since 2010 or 2011, you're not really special in that part
being good at building is not a criteria for being a mod
if the admins will be in need of new mods, they will talk to whoever they deem fit for the position
we had 600+ people online in 2012, 1000+ in 2011 so..

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#3 2018-01-29 11:49:30

chzandham

@maxi123. I didn't ask to be a mod. .. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral
and not "Most" People have been playing since 2010 or 2011. Some have joined in 2012. But I don't think years should matter when it comes to being a mod or applying even.
And I didn't remember how many players there were, Its not a clear image in my mind. But I just remember from the top of my head that it was quite a lot.

tptD29P.png

#4 2018-01-29 11:53:14

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

chzandham wrote:

Is there a way I could be a Mod?

even if that isn't asking, you're clearly hinting at it

chzandham wrote:

and not "Most" People have been playing since 2010 or 2011. Some have joined in 2012.

speaking specifically of the forum community

chzandham wrote:

But I just remember from the top of my head that it was quite a lot.

true

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#5 2018-01-29 14:23:05

Nebula

you dont to

#6 2018-01-29 15:02:24

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

What does it take?

Well, you first need to have the inexplicable urge to jump ship whenever drama starts. Antisocial or introverted characteristics are preferred in order to maintain an absolutely minimum level of transparency about the game, and being friends with current or previous mods helps - as does having played EE for a long time, because apparently everyone gets a go now.

If you're not capable of turning bitter and resentful after your inevitable demodding by a loudmouthed few, then it's better if you were already lowkey toxic to begin with. An inability to communicate calmly and clearly with other staff members is appreciated, and it's good if you start the job already hostile towards the current leadership or certain fellow staff.

Make sure you've planned to say or do something highly divisive and controversial that will turn a large portion of the community against you. We thrive on drama, and there's irrefutable evidence that with enough drama we can save EE.

Lastly, if there's one rule you absolutely must follow, it's this:  Never ever forget to give up and quit as soon as you encounter opposition.

Good luck.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#7 2018-01-29 19:44:31, last edited by MartenM (2018-01-29 19:48:08)

MartenM
Website

chzandham wrote:

How do people get picked and what does it take to be a Everybody Edits Mod?

What I can tell from the past:

You have to have connections with staff to become staff.
Nothing more is know about the 'application' proces.

Also, I am not sure if there are any requirements for becoming staff seeing past staff picks.
ZIOXEI and some other incidents

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

Wooted by:

#8 2018-01-29 23:36:19

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Bravado,
Charming,
Good at doing the tango,
applications in the form of a haiku

also over 1,000 karma on reddit

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (3)

#9 2018-01-30 00:54:08, last edited by HeyNK (2018-01-30 21:58:30)

HeyNK

What does it take?

Well, you first need to have the inexplicable urge to jump ship whenever drama starts. Antisocial or introverted characteristics are preferred in order to maintain an absolutely minimum level of transparency about the game, and being friends with current or previous mods helps - as does having played EE for a long time, because apparently everyone gets a go now.

If you're not capable of turning bitter and resentful after your inevitable demodding by a loudmouthed few, then it's better if you were already lowkey toxic to begin with. An inability to communicate calmly and clearly with other staff members is appreciated, and it's good if you start the job already hostile towards the current leadership or certain fellow staff.

Make sure you've planned to say or do something highly divisive and controversial that will turn a large portion of the community against you. We thrive on drama, and there's irrefutable evidence that with enough drama we can save EE.

Lastly, if there's one rule you absolutely must follow, it's this:  Never ever forget to give up and quit as soon as you encounter opposition.

Good luck.
You are probably one of the most proiminent members of EE. As a secret mod I will be taking your resume and we will get back to you, please PM me with your information.

Starting sallary is 10,000$ per internet year.

Wooted by:

#10 2018-01-30 00:54:39

Muftwin

I think you all are missing the real question here

chzandham wrote:

HI have been playing since 2012.

Hes been playing since he was 5yo?

hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

#11 2018-01-30 01:36:31

soniiiety

also only staffs pick mods, and that dumb because they should make an application for it, instead picking wihtout trial and testing, idk it this is turing into growtopia mods and devs/team etc. i hope not because that game has scammer hackers fakes and its a dumb game etc.

#12 2018-01-30 06:23:21, last edited by Abelysk (2018-01-30 06:23:32)

Abelysk

Zoey2070 wrote:

Bravado,
Charming,
Good at doing the tango,
applications in the form of a haiku

also over 1,000 karma on reddit

Bra-va-do, Char-ming, (5)
Good at do-ing the tan-go (7)
Apps done in hai-ku (5)

#13 2018-01-30 12:01:37

chzandham

maxi123 wrote:
chzandham wrote:

Is there a way I could be a Mod?

even if that isn't asking, you're clearly hinting at it

chzandham wrote:

and not "Most" People have been playing since 2010 or 2011. Some have joined in 2012.

speaking specifically of the forum community

chzandham wrote:

But I just remember from the top of my head that it was quite a lot.

true

I wasn't trying to hint at it. And if I was I'm sorry. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

And I didn't know you meant the forum community.

tptD29P.png

#14 2018-01-31 00:06:09

Raphe9000

Tomahawk wrote:

What does it take?

Good luck.

Oh man I meet all these criteria. Time to become a mod.

Raphe90001517353569694242

Board footer