Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-25 19:48:21, last edited by realmaster42 (2018-04-20 18:43:26)

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
Website

what

what

http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

Wooted by:

#2 2018-01-25 19:52:16

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Re: what

*Staff needed: Advertisers that spam EE so everyone comes to BU and leaves that.

>implies that the best method to revive a game is by creating a remake.

I won't give any feedback until I see a finished, fully functional project. It's what I want to see, not it's progress.

Wooted by:

#3 2018-01-25 19:54:17

realmaster42
Website

HG wrote:

*Staff needed: Advertisers that spam EE so everyone comes to BU and leaves that.

>implies that the best method to revive a game is by creating a remake.

I won't give any feedback until I see a finished, fully functional project. It's what I want to see, not it's progress.

Why should the staff spam EE and advertise so people join BU?

#4 2018-01-25 23:20:26

Xfrogman43

realmaster42 wrote:

However, times have changed, and not much people play Everybody Edits anymore.

if nobody plays ee then what makes your remake want people to play it?

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2018-01-25 23:31:01

Onjit
Website

This just seems like an inferior version of EE

If you're going to say it's "inspired by Everybody Edits" then the minimum you should do to get anyone interested is to have something different than EE that will make someone want to play it.

eg. Different physics/controls - maybe you want the player to have more weight or friction, or maybe having wall jumps etc etc
Different gameplay - maybe you want the focus to be on speedrunning, with tight controls and a set of leaderboards. Or maybe encourage teamwork with more ways to effect the environment for other players, like pressure plates, seesaws pulleys etc etc
Different mechanics - Maybe you want EE to be more story focused or have more options to make decision trees with NPCs, or even a more robust switch system etc etc

The point is, if you're making your own game, you have an opportunity to make it how you want to see it. Don't waste your time recreating what already exists.

:.|:;

#6 2018-01-26 03:27:17

hummerz5

hello

I hope I'm not an **** for bringing this up periodically but since we should probably keep track of those things... IIRC realmaster has in the past published some phishing tools or otherwise malicious content so please keep that in mind when installing any software

thanks

#7 2018-01-26 09:40:56

realmaster42
Website

Onjit wrote:

This just seems like an inferior version of EE

If you're going to say it's "inspired by Everybody Edits" then the minimum you should do to get anyone interested is to have something different than EE that will make someone want to play it.

eg. Different physics/controls - maybe you want the player to have more weight or friction, or maybe having wall jumps etc etc
Different gameplay - maybe you want the focus to be on speedrunning, with tight controls and a set of leaderboards. Or maybe encourage teamwork with more ways to effect the environment for other players, like pressure plates, seesaws pulleys etc etc
Different mechanics - Maybe you want EE to be more story focused or have more options to make decision trees with NPCs, or even a more robust switch system etc etc

The point is, if you're making your own game, you have an opportunity to make it how you want to see it. Don't waste your time recreating what already exists.

There are different things in BU, I thought you would take the time to try it before making a post like this?

I wouldnt copy EE entirely. Obvious.
Concept is similiar but a lot of things are different...

Sad to see EE community doesnt even care a bit about confirming what they think before posting.

I can see nothing will happen from here, so I'm locking.

And hummerz, why would I put a vírus on a game that is playable already and has 87 members. ...

Wooted by: (2)
realmaster421516956056693815

Board footer