Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-20 23:47:52

The Party Animal
Formerly TPA2

Why was i banned?

all i did was say the truth and said what i was thinking in my mind

#2 2018-01-20 23:54:15

Luka504

Re: Why was i banned?

Freedom of speech. =/= Freedom of consequence.
You can't just say whatever pops into your head dearie, no matter how true it may be.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#3 2018-01-21 00:00:23

The Party Animal
Formerly TPA2

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2018-01-21 00:04:56, last edited by ZeldaXD (2018-01-21 00:10:53)

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

What did you say?

Luka504 wrote:

You can't just say whatever pops into your head dearie, no matter how true it may be.

Ridiculous, this reminds me to the Soviet joke that goes as the following:

The Armenian Radio was asked: "Is it true that there is freedom of speech in the Soviet Union, just like in the USA?"
The Armenian Radio answered: "In principle, yes. In the USA, you can stand in front of the White House in Washington, DC, and yell, "Down with Reagan!", and you will not be punished. Equally, you can also stand in Red Square in Moscow and yell, "Down with Reagan!", and you will not be punished."

The Armenian Radio was asked: "What is the difference between the Constitutions of the USA and USSR? Both of them guarantee freedom of speech."
The Armenian Radio answered: "Yes, but the Constitution of the USA also guarantees freedom after the speech."

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by: (4)

#5 2018-01-21 01:24:10

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

ZeldaXD wrote:

The Armenian Radio was asked: "Is it true that there is freedom of speech in the Soviet Union, just like in the USA?"
The Armenian Radio answered: "In principle, yes. In the USA, you can stand in front of the White House in Washington, DC, and yell, "Down with Reagan!", and you will not be punished. Equally, you can also stand in Red Square in Moscow and yell, "Down with Reagan!", and you will not be punished."

The Armenian Radio was asked: "What is the difference between the Constitutions of the USA and USSR? Both of them guarantee freedom of speech."
The Armenian Radio answered: "Yes, but the Constitution of the USA also guarantees freedom after the speech."

This is a private community, not a government. The moderators here can give you the privilege to speak here, and they can take it away. However, they can't give you the right to free speech.

#6 2018-01-21 01:37:07

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

N1KF wrote:
ZeldaXD wrote:

This is a private community, not a government. The moderators here can give you the privilege to speak here, and they can take it away. However, they can't give you the right to free speech.

EE does not guarantee free speech in the first place, hence arguing that "freedom of speech =! freedom from consequences" is ridiculous.

gLjTZE1.png

#7 2018-01-21 02:16:16

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

^ Technically no society has freedom of speech. Start telling others about the benefits of white power and that freedom will obviously be limited, but I guess you can always justify that with things like the Harm Principle.

Luka504 wrote:

Freedom of speech is by definition freedom from consequences, dearie. Not in practice, but in theory.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#8 2018-01-21 03:08:31

hummerz5

looking at your warning count, you're probably talking about in-game

and since we can't help you with infractions in-game even when you post them in off-topic, I'll be closing this one

please contact a moderator or something to continue your inquiry

hummerz51516500511693233

Board footer