Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-20 04:09:35

thanksL0L

guys, i need some help on my bad english, i keep abusing

if anybody would like to teach me english that most people used please help me used them because i keep getting silenced in the ee discord. i couldn't read the rules and understand them, not even my family. i live in asia, but i am also planning to move to usa.

i hope you, eleizibeth and zyhrllos can help me do them, i would be really happy.

Its time to tell the truth again

Wooted by:

#2 2018-01-20 04:17:57, last edited by drunkbnu (2018-01-20 04:20:20)

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Re: guys, i need some help on my bad english, i keep abusing

There's an huge difference between being unable to write the language properly and purposely typing it wrongly, just like your post. But once again, countries have nothing to do with your ability to learn English.

There are so many online courses you can take to help you with your grammar. The rest depends on your determination to write a formal post, like this one, properly formatted.

I still don't know some few words in English, but I try to fix them whenever I find I made a mistake.

#3 2018-01-20 04:30:30

thanksL0L

HG wrote:

There's an huge difference between being unable to write the language properly and purposely typing it wrongly, just like your post. But once again, countries have nothing to do with your ability to learn English.

There are so many online courses you can take to help you with your grammar. The rest depends on your determination to write a formal post, like this one, properly formatted.

I still don't know some few words in English, but I try to fix them whenever I find I made a mistake.

thanks, that's good

Its time to tell the truth again

Wooted by:

#4 2018-01-20 04:36:20

Joeyc

All for grown up? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2018-01-20 10:49:46

XxAtillaxX

I'd suggest improving your fluency in any language by using it often to communicate with others. If you don't use it very often, you won't get anywhere -- this is why a large portion of linguistics classes are frivolous and exist only to uphold cultural traditions, and is why the vast majority of people who take them often end up forgetting everything they had learned. It turns out, you can't learn how to ride a bike by reading about it in a manual.

If you've reached a certain point of fluency where you aren't exactly struggling to communicate, the next logical step is to work on improving your pronunciation and punctuation, and to a smaller extent, grammar.

It's very common (to a lesser extent for bilingual+ people) for those who hadn't learned a second language as they were growing as a toddler to have a less malleability in learning languages.
In which case, your only option is obtaining the experience, through frequent conversation, to bring you to a near-native fluency of that particular language - depending on the person, it can take months but usually years.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#6 2018-01-20 15:41:44

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I'd suggest improving your fluency in any language by using it often to communicate with others. If you don't use it very often, you won't get anywhere

the holiest of all truths

XxAtillaxX wrote:

to bring you to a near-native fluency of that particular language - depending on the person, it can take months but usually years.

it also depends on the similarity of the language in question to the language(s) that you already do speak

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

TaskManager1516459304693119

Board footer