Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-14 20:44:13

WeirdWimp
Anonymous user

Can't think of a title

Well I think getting this off my chest is all I need to do, So If you don't care for anything mental don't mind this post.

Anyway, I'm typically a very happy, and auspicious individual. But more and more, I feel the bleak and destructive nature of society and those around me. This may be something for most to easily ignore, just with me It affects me after hours.
Often I become irritable and will have to take breaks and by laughing or shaking, I will do this when staying up as well. Just randomly start laughing really loud, Or cry whilst doing it. I'm sure I'm alone on this, but I hope I could get some advice. To think a simple community full of children and adults could, Or even consider this appropriate. I have no clue, I just can't handle it for much longer.

Wooted by:

#2 2018-01-14 20:48:30

uncaring-Underling
Anonymous user

Re: Can't think of a title

You're hyper conscious. Use that to your advantage, but not for destructive, psychopathic means--rather for stoic, understanding actions.

I'd be like that, but it was of a "no friends" realization where I felt society ignored me. I'd cry alone in my room after high school for minutes at a time, and not just soft crying but grieving weeping. Being a male, there was even more pressure on me so I had more drive to grieve over my life.

#3 2018-01-14 21:01:48

ResidentRabbit3
Anonymous user

WeirdWimp wrote:

I'm sure I'm alone on this

I probably don't have much that I can add to this thread other than this: I can personally assure you that you are not alone with this. I experience this myself, or at the very least, the way you describe it here leads me to believe I experience something incredibly similar. I'm also sure there are many others who have the same experiences. So just know that you are not alone with this or anything else you ever feel or experience. There will always be others out there.

#4 2018-01-14 22:07:11

GloriousGel
Anonymous user

if it's debilitating go to a doctor

that's all yo

#5 2018-01-14 23:47:29

important_itch
Anonymous user

I've heard this helps.

<YouTube Video - QlWgqNazLYk>

#6 2018-01-15 03:50:41

pale_parent
Anonymous user

GloriousGel wrote:

that's all yo

hi zoey

Wooted by:

#7 2018-01-15 03:53:00

intense_Inmate
Anonymous user

pale_parent wrote:
GloriousGel wrote:

that's all yo

hi zoey

hi zoey
~bimps

#8 2018-01-15 04:02:38

UnstableUpgrade67
Anonymous user

these types of threads aren't very anonymous because you can woot the OP to prove it's not you since they removed the selfwoot bug.

allow me to demonstrte.

Also doctors wont help you, and never take a mental illness pill. antidepressants make you want to kill yourself for real.

#9 2018-01-15 05:04:43

groovyPainter84
Anonymous user

UnstableUpgrade67 wrote:

Also doctors wont help you, and never take a mental illness pill. antidepressants make you want to kill yourself for real.

Do you have a source for this? I don't think anybody here will take medical advice from strangers over the internet but you nelver know.

Wooted by:

#10 2018-01-15 06:37:16

UnstableUpgrade67
Anonymous user

the doctor thing is questionable feel free to disgree.

im not wrong on the pill thing though.

#11 2018-01-15 07:11:34

Wonderful_Windbag
Anonymous user

I'm gonna need some proof on the pills as well, your statement that antidepressants give you suicidal thoughts is kinda sketchy.

I've heard stories about antidepressants not working, which is reasonable, but to flat out make you commit suicide is suspicious.

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2018-01-15 08:18:06

Heroic-icequeen
Anonymous user

They work, only a side effect can be that you become suicidal. I thought this was well known but heres a link: http://www.center4research.org/antidepr … pts-risks/

#13 2018-01-15 09:37:03

crazy_Crusader
Anonymous user

Thought I would highlight this statement:
[you can have an increased risk of suicide] even if the patient is feeling less depressed without any treatment.

So increased risk of suicide is a side-effect of getting better, not the actual pills (so IMO not a reason not to take them)

#14 2018-01-15 18:40:53

intense-inmate
Anonymous user

crazy_Crusader wrote:

So increased risk of suicide is a side-effect of getting better, not the actual pills (so IMO not a reason not to take them)

personally I see that as a valid reason not to take them with reckless abandon. relatively close watch by a loved one over this span of vulnerability would be the safest option.

do not listen to the advice condemning drugs or expert medical advice. You're immeasurably better off talking to a professional than taking advice from forumers to not.

WeirdWimp wrote:

I feel the bleak and destructive nature of society and those around m

are you saying that society is naturally destructive in all aspects or is it appearing to be that way expressly in how it affects you?

Wooted by:

#15 2018-01-15 18:56:09

WeirdWimp
Anonymous user

intense-inmate wrote:
crazy_Crusader wrote:

personally I see that as a valid reason not to take them with reckless abandon. relatively close watch by a loved one over this span of vulnerability would be the safest option.

do not listen to the advice condemning drugs or expert medical advice. You're immeasurably better off talking to a professional than taking advice from forumers to not.

WeirdWimp wrote:

I feel the bleak and destructive nature of society and those around m

are you saying that society is naturally destructive in all aspects or is it appearing to be that way expressly in how it affects you?

For the first thing, I asked the forum since I wanted to know what should I go and do about it.

And I'm referring to the fact a majority of our population thrives on subjective opinions, which to me is the reason we have taken to initiative towards mental health or our failing planet. (run on) I am quite disappointed about this, and in the school I go to I can't avoid this kind of blatant self lulling sort of thing.

#16 2018-01-15 18:59:05

GloriousGel
Anonymous user

pale_parent wrote:
GloriousGel wrote:

that's all yo

hi zoey

hello! o/

UnstableUpgrade67 wrote:

this 100% depends on the person.

the reason antidepressants may increase risk of suicide is because you can get motivated to do things. including things like killing yourself.

again, talk to a doctor if it's a struggle to get through day to day stuff. none of us are medical professionals. maybe therapy too.

like, it's better off to talk to a doctor and get a formal diagnosis than just listen to a bunch of teens and 20-somethings tell you what to do.

just stay safe etc. if you're really in trouble of harming yourself or anyone else, call 911/your local equivalent of 911

life ain't all that bad even though it seems like the world's crashing down around ya ears

Wooted by:

#17 2018-01-15 19:15:07

Heroic-icequeen
Anonymous user

everyone is talking like op has some severe depression, now I don't see good signs of real depression and I think op just has some bad moods. Lot's of people have them, and it's not weird to have these breakdowns sometimes. Just try to find out what's the direct cause, and how to prevent it. Everyone here is talking like mental problems are only to be solved by doctors or pills, but a lot of it can be solved by the person himself. A doctor is just a guide, and in the end it's all you who has the power to change anything. If your problems are so bad you can't live your life normally going to the doctor would be a good idea though.

Wooted by: (3)

#18 2018-01-15 19:36:01

groovyPainter84
Anonymous user

Heroic-icequeen wrote:

everyone is talking like op has some severe depression, now I don't see good signs of real depression and I think op just has some bad moods. Lot's of people have them, and it's not weird to have these breakdowns sometimes. Just try to find out what's the direct cause, and how to prevent it. Everyone here is talking like mental problems are only to be solved by doctors or pills, but a lot of it can be solved by the person himself. A doctor is just a guide, and in the end it's all you who has the power to change anything. If your problems are so bad you can't live your life normally going to the doctor would be a good idea though.

You are indeed heroic, ma'am.

#19 2018-01-16 01:20:14

UnstableUpgrade67
Anonymous user

actually, if you go to the doctor, it will be worse, a pill.

#20 2018-01-16 01:31:57

crazy_Crusader
Anonymous user

UnstableUpgrade67 wrote:

Doctors have actual training in this sort of thing though, if the pills didn't work they wouldn't give them to you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#21 2018-01-16 05:11:49

UnstableUpgrade67
Anonymous user

Profit > fixing people! the system man. you can't just say "it works because idk science and its thier job" its the profit man, dental industry, psychology is corrupt. flouride in the water causes //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral ?

#22 2018-01-16 07:07:01

uncaring-Underling
Anonymous user

UnstableUpgrade67 wrote:

Profit > fixing people! the system man. you can't just say "it works because idk science and its thier job" its the profit man, dental industry, psychology is corrupt. flouride in the water causes //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral ?

Flouride makes your teeth stronger

Wooted by: (2)

#23 2018-01-16 08:54:52, last edited by Heroic-icequeen (2018-01-16 08:57:51)

Heroic-icequeen
Anonymous user

crazy_Crusader wrote:
UnstableUpgrade67 wrote:

Doctors have actual training in this sort of thing though, if the pills didn't work they wouldn't give them to you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Doctors don’t know which pills help and ehich don’t. It’s impossible for them to really know what’s the exact cause, and it would be impossible to remember every medicine for every cause. They put your symptons into their computer, and tell you the results of the computer. This is the reason MIT is building a program that can do the same but way faster and more specific. It’s an impossible task for humans to do.
When the doctor gives you medicine, and it doesn’t woek, he will give you the 2nd result on his computer etc.

I am not saying going to the doctor is useless as these pills work for many people. I’m judst saying it’s easy to make a mistake. If you have something rare, it will take a very long time until the doctor actually takes you to the hospital to check your blood.

#24 2018-01-16 15:38:50

intense-inmate
Anonymous user

hi guys

just a reminder, pls don't tell people "your doctor doesn't know ****" because that's not true. Though I do agree to an extent: general physicians may not be ideal when considering psychological problems. Ok, they're far from ideal. This means you need to find a psychologist or counselor to properly address the situation.

but I worry about you guys when you say doctors don't know ****.

#25 2018-01-17 00:43:41

Useful UFO
Anonymous user

I can't really agree that pills for mental issues make you more suicidal. I eat pills for mental issues and sleep problems.
I eat around 20 pills every day and 1 injection every 2 weeks. But for some dumb reason these doesn't work and my mental issue get harder to control sometimes.
I can tell that I have been at mental issues hospitals so many times because the pills doesn't work. It feels like they give me these pills for no reason.

// Capasha

Board footer