Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-07 20:40:06

Moukdaboss
Banned

unitee

hi where is it and srs question will it come out in 2018 cause it shouldnt take a year to complete it but its taken like 3 years and like it is trash like ee !

idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot

#2 2018-01-07 20:41:14, last edited by Nebula (2018-01-07 20:41:25)

Nebula

Re: unitee

not really 3 years, been 2 only

#3 2018-01-07 20:43:08

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Believing that UnitEE is still a thing after looking at all the changes and suggestions regarding future game plans.

#4 2018-01-07 20:43:46

Moukdaboss
Banned

Whirl wrote:

not really 3 years, been 2 only

3 years 2 years not big difference think of it like oh look 999999 years ago but someone was like no it was 1 million and they would be like it isnt big diference but ok

idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot

Wooted by:

#5 2018-01-07 20:45:51

showpath

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 07#p688007

showpath wrote:

Old team's unity client:
It sucked.
They basically just tried porting the flash client line by line with minor modifications.
Their talks about the performance are only because it ran well on their good hardware. On my machine if people were placing blocks and I had minimap open it was literally unplayable.
They never rewrote the whole messy server-side code either which should have been done along with the unity client.
In the end the flash client was a mess, their unity client was a mess, and the server code has always been a mess. Oddly enough Nou didn't see that as a problem when it was brought up, even when anyone who has worked on the game pointed out direct issues.

My unity client:
Long after we scrapped the previous unity client, I started writing a new one.
In just over a day I wrote an efficient tile engine from scratch (basically 1/3 of EE).
After that I had lost all motivation over problems with niels, and didn't want to do all of this work for no benefit.
Not much later, there was communication with a potential new owner which gave me no reason to continue working for nothing.

What the new team will do who knows?

#6 2018-01-08 01:59:03

soniiiety

showpath wrote:

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 07#p688007

showpath wrote:

Old team's unity client:
It sucked.
They basically just tried porting the flash client line by line with minor modifications.
Their talks about the performance are only because it ran well on their good hardware. On my machine if people were placing blocks and I had minimap open it was literally unplayable.
They never rewrote the whole messy server-side code either which should have been done along with the unity client.
In the end the flash client was a mess, their unity client was a mess, and the server code has always been a mess. Oddly enough Nou didn't see that as a problem when it was brought up, even when anyone who has worked on the game pointed out direct issues.

My unity client:
Long after we scrapped the previous unity client, I started writing a new one.
In just over a day I wrote an efficient tile engine from scratch (basically 1/3 of EE).
After that I had lost all motivation over problems with niels, and didn't want to do all of this work for no benefit.
Not much later, there was communication with a potential new owner which gave me no reason to continue working for nothing.

What the new team will do who knows?

hey snowpath how you going and the new team will be great if they educate us on what they are doing and how we can help

#7 2018-01-08 03:17:38

John

Just thought I'd mention that we are looking into alternatives to Unity, but it's not totally out of the question.

soniiiety wrote:

the new team will be great

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

soniiiety wrote:

they educate us on what they are doing

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=41529

soniiiety wrote:

how we can help

Your feedback and suggestions always help!

PW?scale=2

Wooted by:

#8 2018-01-08 06:16:16

soniiiety

Emalton wrote:

Just thought I'd mention that we are looking into alternatives to Unity, but it's not totally out of the question.

soniiiety wrote:

the new team will be great

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

soniiiety wrote:

they educate us on what they are doing

https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=41529

soniiiety wrote:

how we can help

Your feedback and suggestions always help!

thats what i call a responsible a trust worthy and the newest best mod

Wooted by:
soniiiety1515388576691394

Board footer