Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-01-05 02:46:07, last edited by IanJanes (2018-01-05 18:28:24)

IanJanes

Is there a discord server?

You know the question, But also sorry for all the topics and all. For now I'll be playing catch up.
I just created an account, So might as well use one If you guys use it.

Edit, Wow that was uncalled for. I was asking a question, And you weaseled your way into at and this devolved to an argument. I'm sure this is the open arms policy of the community, start drama wherever possible!
I would appreciate not going off topic, Thank you.

<Download this image and make it your avatar, repent from unique avatars!
3640.jpg?m=15483497583640.jpg?m=15483497583640.jpg?m=1548349758

#2 2018-01-05 02:57:04

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Is there a discord server?

Sort of? There's no official one. There's an unofficial one (there's a topic for it in the Off-Topic section, I won't link it here because I'm on my phone but it's pretty close to the top) but the owners have been actively hostile towards the game in the past, they have posted game-breaking bugs and exploits publicly.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#3 2018-01-05 03:01:15

IanJanes

Different55 wrote:

Sort of? There's no official one. There's an unofficial one (there's a topic for it in the Off-Topic section, I won't link it here because I'm on my phone but it's pretty close to the top) but the owners have been actively hostile towards the game in the past, they have posted game-breaking bugs and exploits publicly.

Why don't you make one, Or promote a different lobby? Although I wouldn't agree with punishing them(If you did), You should at least not allow them to do something like that :/ I think an official discord would be cool too, So think about it...

#4 2018-01-05 03:48:22

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

hi, the unofficial one is in my signature. it's pretty active. also i don't agree with what processor did but he has his justifications.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#5 2018-01-05 04:26:17, last edited by Processor (2018-01-05 04:29:55)

Processor

Note that different55 is exaggerating. Only once has a game breaking bug been released in our discord, it was a bug that the staff knew about for 2 months before it was shared in the discord. They had enough time to fix it. Megalamb asked me to remove the exploit in my discord and I immediately did.

Whether you think I made the right decisions in this case is up to you, but I ask you to consider this:

The EE Discord is not affiliated with the game unlike these official forums and it's a good thing for the players. The forums have censored players trying to talk about mismanagement in the staff (mostly NVD) multiple times before. There are many who purchase the big spender or diamonds in the hope that their money will be used to improve the game and not letting these players know that their money is not being used in the proper way is only ethical.

Having a communications channel where we can openly criticize staff is important and the forums have proven to be unreliable for this purpose. So I'm asking you to support an independent Discord.

I love this game and I am on good terms with the administration, including Emalton, but whenever I see the staff lying I do not hesitate to call them out on it. Some interpret it as hostility.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2018-01-05 04:31:02

Guest.

Processor wrote:

The forums have censored players trying to talk about mismanagement in the staff (mostly NVD) multiple times before.

citation needed

Processor wrote:

I love this game and I am on good terms with the administration including Emalton

the multiple problems youve given emalton say otherwise

Wooted by: (5)

#7 2018-01-05 04:33:54

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

IanJanes wrote:

I think an official discord would be cool too, So think about it...

there was an official discord but it gone.

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

#8 2018-01-05 04:34:49

hummerz5

Vinyl Melody wrote:
IanJanes wrote:

I think an official discord would be cool too, So think about it...

there was an official discord but it gone.

well technically you're still in it... (</3) but no one recognizes it as official anymore

#9 2018-01-05 05:48:12, last edited by John (2018-01-05 05:52:01)

John

Zoey2070 wrote:

he has his justifications.

In my eyes there is no justification.

Processor wrote:

the staff knew about for 2 months before it was shared

He is referring to the previous administration.

Processor wrote:

Megalamb asked me to remove the exploit in my discord and I immediately did.

I asked you several times to remove it and you refused. You also posted publicly telling people to download a copy of it before the link is removed. Not going to lie Processor that really **** me off but I'm mostly over it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

The current administration fully intends to be honest and transparent with the community. Some say the previous administration was terrible, which is their opinion, but that isn't an excuse to take out the frustration on us / assume anything. Just help us to help EE.

Processor is in good terms with the current administration, and I feel it was just bad timing that his release of the exploit was a day or so before the new administration took over. I don't think it was the right thing to do but there isn't much that can be done about it now.

Different55 is not exaggerating, what happened happened.

I have much more to say but it is very late so I'll likely edit my post again. I have more words on these topics //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

PW?scale=2

#10 2018-01-05 06:28:11, last edited by Harmonious (2018-01-05 06:28:38)

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Is that exploit that was posted in #rules the only exploit? Were there more?

I can understand discussing in-game exploits and bugs, since glitches are pretty much socially acceptable. The one I'm thinking of wasn't though.
I guess mods are pretty well-accepted too (wasn't a mod). Things that directly attack players are scummy

The discord is the most active EE chat though. Rooms in EE don't last long and there's rarely more than 7 people in a world anymore, kong chat is dead, forum chat is dead

Lots of drama (both staff and players) happens there. Pretty fun to watch.

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

Wooted by:

#11 2018-01-05 06:44:18

Processor

Emalton wrote:

Nobody is saying it's your fault, honey. It's your game and every bug in it is now your problem. I informed the old administration and released the bug under the old administration. Nobody is attacking you, no need to be upset.

Emalton, that was very unprofessional. You are the owner of this game and you started verbally attacking one of your players, publicly.
Oh and wasn't it you who banned me on EE for posting the link on my discord as you tried to censor me? Yeah... it was.

You should learn to control your anger.

jkdrip wrote:

No. This is what I meant by "different55 is exaggerating". Emalton must have misunderstood me.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#12 2018-01-05 07:04:31

Guest.

Processor wrote:

Oh and wasn't it you who banned me on EE for posting the link on my discord as you tried to censor me? Yeah... it was.

did you think you would get off without punishment for releasing a game breaking bug?

#13 2018-01-05 07:11:36

Processor

Emalton merely wanted to coerce me.

After I didn't budge,
Before he was owner,
A day before I deleted the link,
He said he will unban me.

You call that punishment? Lol.

#14 2018-01-05 07:15:07, last edited by Anatoly (2018-01-05 07:15:25)

Anatoly

Discord EE community is toxic. Suggesting not to join.

Wooted by:

#15 2018-01-05 07:38:05, last edited by Different55 (2018-01-05 07:43:48)

Different55
Forum Admin

jkdrip wrote:

Nope, just the one. One, when it's an example set by an owner that has no intention of changing his ways, is enough.

Processor wrote:

Note that different55 is exaggerating. Only once has a game breaking bug been released in our discord, it was a bug that the staff knew about for 2 months before it was shared in the discord. They had enough time to fix it. Megalamb asked me to remove the exploit in my discord and I immediately did.

Whether you think I made the right decisions in this case is up to you, but I ask you to consider this:

The EE Discord is not affiliated with the game unlike these official forums and it's a good thing for the players. The forums have censored players trying to talk about mismanagement in the staff (mostly NVD) multiple times before. There are many who purchase the big spender or diamonds in the hope that their money will be used to improve the game and not letting these players know that their money is not being used in the proper way is only ethical.

Having a communications channel where we can openly criticize staff is important and the forums have proven to be unreliable for this purpose. So I'm asking you to support an independent Discord.

I love this game and I am on good terms with the administration, including Emalton, but whenever I see the staff lying I do not hesitate to call them out on it. Some interpret it as hostility.

"Diff is exaggerating"

*exaggerates about forums*

You posted a game-breaking exploit. Like Zoey said, you had your reasons but I think your reasons were garbage.

And as far as censorship on the forum goes, that was one rogue admin, one time. Not multiple times, and after that one time he was immediately stripped of forum powers. Since then only one trusted game staff guy (at a time) has had any powers on the forums at all, and the powers they are given have been limited to only the Game Business section.

That incident happened without my approval. You yourself were the one who launched your attack on the game.

And the forums do not make a habit of censoring users. The forums have always welcomed constructive and even not-so-constructive criticism as long as it doesn't dip into straight up flaming. Tbh we've probably been too lenient on what counts as criticism vs flaming when it comes to staff members specifically because we didn't want to be accused of censorship.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#16 2018-01-05 14:18:17

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

AnatolyEE wrote:

They're not toxic, people like you just tend to turn the community against themselves

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#17 2018-01-05 14:33:02

Onjit
Website

theres only one real server

and thats the tranquil non-proc server

:.|:;

#18 2018-01-05 15:10:07, last edited by John (2018-01-05 15:18:04)

John

Processor wrote:
Emalton wrote:

Nobody is saying it's your fault, honey. It's your game and every bug in it is now your problem. I informed the old administration and released the bug under the old administration. Nobody is attacking you, no need to be upset.

Did I sound upset? I don't think I did but sorry if that was misinterpreted. I mentioned that because you never specified who you were talking about. I didn't want the newcomer to be confused with your comments about the old administration verses this one.

Processor wrote:

Emalton, that was very unprofessional. You are the owner of this game and you started verbally attacking one of your players, publicly.

Verbally attacking? What? I fail to see how my post was "verbally attacking" you. I merely stated my previous frustration with you as you did for the rest of the staff. You were banned for less than 10 hours for releasing a game breaking bug. How is that not warranted?

Processor wrote:

You should learn to control your anger.

I'm not sure how my post was perceived as anger????

Processor wrote:
jkdrip wrote:

No. This is what I meant by "different55 is exaggerating". Emalton must have misunderstood me.

Still, the exploit was posted and was not removed until Mega Lamb asked him to remove it.

Look I'm not trying to be a **** here, Processor. This issue has already been resolved internally. On the other hand, Different55 isn't wrong when he said "You yourself were the one who launched your attack on the game." I really like you and I respect you; I'm just being honest from my point of view transparency.

EDIT:

jkdrip wrote:

Things that directly attack players are scummy

That is what this exploit did. It was be used to prevent certain players from entering the game.

PW?scale=2

#19 2018-01-05 16:15:24

Anatoly

maxi123 wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

They're not toxic, people like you just tend to turn the community against themselves

No you missed the point, someone starts fighting with somebody, (typical case) and gthe entire community goes one side and starts being toxic. Discord is laggy anyway last time, so RIP Discord 17-18

#20 2018-01-05 16:49:57

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

AnatolyEE wrote:

the entire community goes one side and starts being toxic. Discord is laggy anyway last time, so RIP Discord 17-18

but thats the issue of entire community of EE not just the discord???????
honestly i've noticed that the community is much more prone to siding with one side or another the way you mean it on the forums and even more in game (see recent NVD drama), rather than on discord
and personally i have never found discord being laggy, plus that has nothing to do with your previous argument "discord EE community is toxic"

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#21 2018-01-05 17:35:03

Processor

Emalton wrote:

Did I sound upset?

This thread wasn't about you. It's off-putting to see an owner have the need to defend himself when he is not being attacked.

Emalton wrote:

This issue has already been resolved internally.

Yet here you are, venting your frustration in public.

Emalton wrote:

How is [the ban] not warranted?

I was pointing out that you banned me after saying: delete it or I will ban you. Turns out banning someone for something they didn't do in a game is a very ineffective way to get them to stop it. You weren't owner when you asked me to delete the link and you banned me because you were scared that people were going to blame you for the bug.

Let's also not get too dramatic here Emalton.

The bug was first reported to staff (old administration, not you Emalton) on Oct 9. I politely requested the bug to be fixed on Oct 22. On Nov 26 I gave staff a deadline and offered to help (I never got a reply!). On Dec 24 I released the bug to the public after hearing nothing back.

It could have been prevented if the staff communicated with me or fixed the bug. You and I both know that I simply wanted the bug fixed, Emalton, don't take it out of context and frame it as an "attack".

Wooted by:

#22 2018-01-05 17:41:33

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Probably better for you guys to fight it out in private.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by: (2)

#23 2018-01-05 17:47:54, last edited by Processor (2018-01-05 18:09:08)

Processor

mrjawapa wrote:

Probably better for you guys to fight it out in private.

I have already fully discussed this in private with him. I am shocked to see Emalton throwing a fit on the forums like this. I think it's very unprofessional.

#24 2018-01-05 18:05:37

IanJanes

I'm not really aware of any of this drama, But I think I could offer some good advice for this.
First of all processor, Don't openly hand out game braking bugs/ exploits. That is definitely a harmful, and poor for the community. I honesty would just email staff about It, provide advice, and don't share or use it yourself.
And emalton, I think you've done good with anything you plan or have done about it. Just don't reply to drama directly next time, This was a topic about discord... Not about who's right or wrong. Although thank you for making It clear that you plan on supporting this game, And its community.
And finally, everyone, stop adding to anything besides what I originally asked. There are debate, and off topic forums for you. If you want me to change this to debate topic, But not in the debate forum I will gladly. Just please next time be considerate, and leave me out of this.
Thank you

Wooted by:

#25 2018-01-05 18:22:43, last edited by John (2018-01-05 18:28:00)

John

Rant I guess

EDIT:
You're right Jawapa this should be taken to a private discussion. I won't be responding to this conversation.

PW?scale=2

mrjawapa1515173277690576

Board footer