Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-31 19:00:40, last edited by Mait (2017-12-31 19:01:02)

Mait

Happy new year for all of EE community!

I just wanted to say:

This year has been weird. We lost probably over 5-6 mods/admins (And feel free to correct me). We gained alot and we lost alot. Thats not the point.
The point is that we have a new year ahead of us. We can still fix EE. Lets lose NVD, and we just haveto depend on the dev team. And our job is to not be toxic. EE community is more toxicated than chernobyl and csgo community combined. What i saw that day when NVD was online. It was devastating. Everybody attacked NVD but nobody knows what he feels inside or what family/health/job etc problem he has. You guys all attacked him pointlessly and for what cause? If  you think you can achieve something by becoming a keyboard warrior than boi u need some manners.

Thats that. Everybody Edits is my childhood game.  I started playing somewhere around 2011 December. And i fell in love this game. Everybody has their childhood toy/game/cartoon/Etc that they will always have a place in their heart. For me thats Everybody Edits. I had alot of fun in this game. And I'm sure that im not the only one who feels like that. There are many ''veterans'' who fell in love with this game at some age. And they still can't let it go, hoping that one day, a miracle will happen and save EE. We all hope for that. And I actually belive in EMalton , the new dev team and everything.

Good luck for the Dev team, and please EE community, be less toxic? We all would be happier.
Happy new year for Everybody!
Mait

(Oh btw if you dont mind can you please click on my banner to get me to 500 damns ? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink Thanks alot)

Mait.jpg
Let's get to 5000.

#2 2017-12-31 19:05:08, last edited by LukeM (2017-12-31 19:07:02)

LukeM
Website

Re: Happy new year for all of EE community!

^ I was looking at how many staff members have left a while ago, and now benje has left, more staff have left this year than have left in the whole of the rest of EE's history

(Can't remember exactly how many it was, but I think it was more than 10 :O)

#3 2017-12-31 19:42:17, last edited by Joeyc (2017-12-31 19:43:19)

Joeyc

I just hope 2018 is much better than 2017. This year hasn't been the greatest and I hope it doesn't continue downhill. I would be very devastated if the game got shutdown. I've been with the community since 2011 lurked as a guest for a few days and made an account. I feel like we always have each other's backs. That's what's so special about it, it's a jumping smiley, sandbox game with a (pretty toxic community sometimes) nothing like it. You can't just go on the internet and try to find a decent copy, there is nothing else like this game. It's genuine.

Cheers to another year, I hope everybody has a good one. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2017-12-31 19:45:50

Bimps

you cant just have hope that some miracle happens. that isnt how this works, which is obvious if youve been here since 2010. this game has been dying for probably over 4 years now.

if you guys really want ee to stay alive, then advertise it. we are gonna get no new players if no one knows what it is.

Wooted by:

#5 2017-12-31 19:48:12, last edited by Joeyc (2017-12-31 19:48:30)

Joeyc

Bimps wrote:

you cant just have hope that some miracle happens. that isnt how this works, which is obvious if youve been here since 2010. this game has been dying for probably over 4 years now.

if you guys really want ee to stay alive, then advertise it. we are gonna get no new players if no one knows what it is.

Define ADVERTISING this game. You mean by sharing the link to others? Spamming the link in random games?

#6 2017-12-31 19:50:00

Bimps

Joeyc wrote:
Bimps wrote:

Define advertising this game. You mean by sharing the link to others? Spamming the link in random games?

anything. just getting the word out there that this exists. through other communities you go on. and dont spam the link, then itll seem like this game is a virus. casually introduce it and bring up its strong points

it's pretty obvious that this game wont die until the staff just gives up. so instead of sitting on a game with 100 players that care, why not make 2018 the true revival of ee?

Wooted by:

#7 2017-12-31 19:52:21

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Bimps wrote:

They don't stay. That's the issue.

4 steps to reviving EE:

1. Fix all current bugs and issues with the game. (Bug fixes + UnitEE variant).
2. Make the game appeal to new players. (Better tutorials, interesting simple but fun worlds to play, less overwhelming).
3. Allow the game to reach a wider audience. (Mass advertising + Steam release?).
4. Keep the player base engaged. (Regular content added, competitions, new campaigns).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (3)

#8 2017-12-31 19:54:40, last edited by Joeyc (2017-12-31 19:56:29)

Joeyc

5. Make the game playable in popular worlds with high amounts of players.
^ Potato laptops

#9 2017-12-31 19:56:38, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-12-31 19:57:00)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Joeyc wrote:

5. Make the game playable in popular worlds with high amounts of players.
Especially since there's a lot of people complaining ^ Potato laptops

That's covered in step 1. Ideally, the game should be capable of handling a lot of players before it has them. Otherwise, if it does grow, it's just going to shrink again as all the new players find the game unplayable.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#10 2017-12-31 19:57:51

Bimps

Devlin wrote:
Bimps wrote:

They don't stay. That's the issue.

4 steps to reviving EE:

1. Fix all current bugs and issues with the game. (Bug fixes + UnitEE variant).
2. Make the game appeal to new players. (Better tutorials, interesting simple but fun worlds to play, less overwhelming).
3. Allow the game to reach a wider audience. (Mass advertising + Steam release?).
4. Keep the player base engaged. (Regular content added, competitions, new campaigns).

you cant just generalize everyone as "they". there are thousands of people that would love this kind of game. and here are my thoughts on ur 4 step thing

1. what bugs? also yeah we need unitEE more than ever, maybe ill post on that later in game suggestions
2. this all depends on the community, so idk what you want
3. yes, and if unitEE ever comes back then steam is possible, but the goal should not be steam
4. we really dont need this, but yeah ok

hey megalamb, ive noticed that you are way more active than other mods, so you are probably reading this. for the love of all that is holy, if you truly care about this game, MAKE EVERYTHING IN THE SHOP CHEAPER. people might see cool stuff that they want to build but then they have to wait a month to get a fourth of it. and also the whole "pay for classic items" stuff is so stupid. just why? to give older members a sense of accomplishment for knowing about the game earlier?

Wooted by:

#11 2017-12-31 20:01:31, last edited by Joeyc (2017-12-31 20:02:19)

Joeyc

Bimps wrote:

MAKE EVERYTHING IN THE SHOP CHEAPER. people might see cool stuff that they want to build but then they have to wait a month to get a fourth of it. and also the whole "pay for classic items" stuff is so stupid. just why? to give older members a sense of accomplishment for knowing about the game earlier?

I do agree with your points., it's not like everybody can buy everything. And not everybody can be active enough to the spend the energy or buy limited stuff.
But that's not what this topic is about.

#12 2017-12-31 20:04:22

Bimps

Joeyc wrote:

But that's not what this topic is about.

new year, new game

#13 2017-12-31 20:11:40

kreacher

I agree I have played this game sinced 2010 and although I can be slightly toxic it would be nice to have an EE toxic-free year to convince emalton and meglamb to keep updating the game.

MQneHSv.png

Est. December 2010

Wooted by:

#14 2017-12-31 20:14:22

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Bimps wrote:

you cant just generalize everyone as "they". there are thousands of people that would love this kind of game. and here are my thoughts on ur 4 step thing

1. what bugs? also yeah we need unitEE more than ever, maybe ill post on that later in game suggestions
2. this all depends on the community, so idk what you want
3. yes, and if unitEE ever comes back then steam is possible, but the goal should not be steam
4. we really dont need this, but yeah ok

Of course a lot of people that would enjoy this game, a lack of enjoyment isn't what would turn them away. It's things such as the lag, the crappy tutorials and the overwhelmingness of things such as the shop. Furthermore, if the first thing you play is a crappy level from the lobby then you might not get to see the better side of the game before you decide you don't like what you see.

The bugs I am referring to is the general lag and poor performance as well as the physics making some of the effects a little buggy. I can't remember where, but someone was pointing out in a previous thread that since the physics of EE was not designed to have different effects, such as flipped gravity and higher jumps, so naturally problems occur when they are added. The physics should be improved so that gameplay is just generally smoother and adding new action blocks in the future would be less of a hassle.

I also remember someone saying that the tutorials were something that was turning the players away. The tutorials are quite crappy in my opinion so I can see why. Furthermore, the shop could also be quite overwhelming considering how long it takes to buy things and the sheer quantity of things that are in there.

Obviously steam isn't the goal, but I feel it would be a huge help in reaching out to new players. It's pretty hard to find this game unless you have been directly told about it. Currently, the only real way to accidentally find the game is Kongregate. I highly doubt many people find the game by conveniently searching everybody edit into google and I doubt searching for EE's genre will give the result of EE. Whereas on steam the game would be a lot easier to find through tags and advertising. If we keep the game limited to primarily just the website, I don't think it will get far. Steam isn't the goal but I do think that steam would give a huge boost in advertisement for the game as well as being able to reach out to players who consistently use steam.

And yes, we do need to keep the player base engaged. I think Mr Shoe's vacation proves that the game wouldn't remain popular without updates and staff interaction.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#15 2017-12-31 20:49:28

Gosha

gosha for admin 2k18 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Wooted by: (2)

#16 2018-01-01 03:17:12

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

May it be a good one.

Kek who am I kidding, we all know there’s gonna be as much crazy drama as there was this year. I should invest in a popcorn stand.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#17 2018-01-01 03:26:33

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

unknown.png

2018 is going to be a crucial year for me, with all these familiar and political issues on my country. But even, I will still be a part of this community and I'll be open to working for this game as a hobby if the chance ever comes.

#18 2018-01-01 04:04:39

Guest.

We lost 13 staff this year and gained 5

#19 2018-01-01 10:45:39, last edited by Luka504 (2018-01-01 10:46:28)

Luka504

Mait wrote:

Lovey dovey ''dont hate NVD'' message.

Ok, what I'm about to post is likely gonna backfire on me, I might get banned on the forums even, but I just wanna say this.
After everything that he has done, NVD deserves what he is getting.
Now I'm not saying that I don't feel bad for what is happening to him, I very much do. However I am saying that after all the scummy **** he has done he deserves all the hate coming to him.

Let's recap at everything NVD did since he became the owner, shall we?
1. Lied and blindfolded the community.
2. Is never online, forums or ingame.
3. Pressured Nou into forking over the game.
4. Fired as well as led to the resignations of so many staff members.
5. Hired people without consulting the rest of the staff or the community.
6. Took money from the game for his own personal benefit.
7. Overall just doesn't give a **** about the game or us.

I'm sorry but after all of this I don't understand how one can defend NVD from the hate he is getting. Don't use that ''Oh he has health/job/real life issues don't pick on him you don't understand him'', that's not an excuse for everything that he has done.
I will not deny that this community is really toxic, I've honestly never seen anything like it, but if we didn't become ''keyboard warriors'' and showed NVD that there are actual consequences for his actions, he might never give the game to Emalton and Megalamb, who I'm sure will be better owners since they don't have the above issues. As skeptical as I personally am to what they can and are actually doing right now, at the very least they are open about it and are actually TALKING with us.

*Grabs popcorn and waits for the inevitable backlash and replies*

Pls don't ban me hummus5.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#20 2018-01-01 11:45:05

peace

bit late btu everyoen haoppy new year hope on another ncie yearf of ee withotu problemd //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#21 2018-01-01 12:10:47, last edited by MartenM (2018-01-01 12:24:13)

MartenM
Website

Bimps wrote:

I competly disagree with you here. Steam is a great way to create a community around the game and it makes sharing it so much easier. There are enough old flash games that ported to steam that died a lot less quicker then EE (or even manged to surive quite good).
It also makes the game a bit more accessible, since if you can just login with steam, you are not forced to register a new account and all that stuff.

Also, almost nobody goes onto the internet to play flashgames anymore (as far as I van tell) makes me think that steam should definitally be a goal to work for.

Our site is just fine, but I do not see the game surviving if we keep www.everybodyedits.com the only way to play the game.

Edit: Happy new year!

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

Wooted by: (4)

#22 2018-01-01 17:04:17

Guest.

ee survived through 2018 guys is that not a big enough accomplishment for the year

#23 2018-01-01 17:53:49

Anatoly

zyhrllos wrote:

ee survived through 2018 guys is that not a big enough accomplishment for the year

EE survived through 2017; 2018 is a mission to survive.

#24 2018-01-01 18:28:40

Guest.

Luka504 wrote:
Mait wrote:

Lovey dovey ''dont hate NVD'' message.

Ok, what I'm about to post is likely gonna backfire on me, I might get banned on the forums even, but I just wanna say this.
After everything that he has done, NVD deserves what he is getting.
Now I'm not saying that I don't feel bad for what is happening to him, I very much do. However I am saying that after all the scummy **** he has done he deserves all the hate coming to him.

Let's recap at everything NVD did since he became the owner, shall we?
1. Lied and blindfolded the community.
2. Is never online, forums or ingame.
3. Pressured Nou into forking over the game.
4. Fired as well as led to the resignations of so many staff members.
5. Hired people without consulting the rest of the staff or the community.
6. Took money from the game for his own personal benefit.
7. Overall just doesn't give a **** about the game or us.

I'm sorry but after all of this I don't understand how one can defend NVD from the hate he is getting. Don't use that ''Oh he has health/job/real life issues don't pick on him you don't understand him'', that's not an excuse for everything that he has done.
I will not deny that this community is really toxic, I've honestly never seen anything like it, but if we didn't become ''keyboard warriors'' and showed NVD that there are actual consequences for his actions, he might never give the game to Emalton and Megalamb, who I'm sure will be better owners since they don't have the above issues. As skeptical as I personally am to what they can and are actually doing right now, at the very least they are open about it and are actually TALKING with us.

*Grabs popcorn and waits for the inevitable backlash and replies*

please note that his heart is in the right place and his intentions are good but his execution is very flawed

#25 2018-01-01 18:46:00

kreacher

Luka504 wrote:

lol hummus nice nickname

MQneHSv.png

Est. December 2010

hummerz51514829965689546

Board footer