Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-26 15:51:23, last edited by Kira (2017-12-26 15:56:30)

Kira

Why is Everybody Edits dead? Discussion Topic, Proofs, Artifacts

AS YOU CAN REALLY CLEARLY SEE RIGHT HERE
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/64-eve … ts-is-dead

Everybody Edits is officially dead.

I had a good time playing the game

I had a good time participating on the forums by getting banned

I love you all and don't forget, Merry Christmas

WISE MAN wrote:

It is true, who cannot deny it? The players are growing fewer, Chris is increasing the number of updates to to desperation. In the short term this will work, but not in the long-term. There are many people whose fault it is. First let us look at the beginning of the game.

When the game was formed, it was just one world. Up to forty people could be in the world at a time. there was massive lag, but the game grew popular. However, the trolls were there since the beginning. They attacked the world in force, and eventually Chris had to expand the game.

Then many worlds were made and a lot could be done. However, worlds could not be saved. This caused hope in people, and each held on to their worlds by making them as popular as possible.

But eventually Everybody edits fell. How is this? There are many things to blame.

First: Chris moved everybody edits to Kongregate. This is a mistake for many multi-player games. For as we all know, kongregate is a troll haven. This also strained the untested servers and the issues started.

Second: The Ex Crew. The ex crew started out with a good cause, the promote the enjoyment of the game and to built fun worlds. However, they quickly began to destroy the base of level creators. The best level makers concentrated their efforts on beating Ex Crew levels, and when they succeeded, they became mere immatators rather than true artists. The noobs as always made the same kinds of levels. Quickly the variety slowed down, only broken by a new Ex Crew level release. The game quickly grew dependent on Ex Crew. Chris had forseen this, so he caused the move to Kong to slow the servers. Progress on the Ex Crew levels was quickly destroyed. Levels were lost when the server randomly kicked everyone. But the Ex Crew did not give up, so Chris did. Finally, when the game was at its most dependent on Ex Crew, they broke up. Ex Crew would not do anything else. The game became a cesspit, with various crews immitating Ex Crew levels to replace them. Progreses slowed. Finally, when the game was healing itself again, Ex Crew showed up again. This time they used bots like SnakeBot. There was no competition, and once more Ex Crew is cornering the market. They want to destroy the game a second time where they failed the first.

Third: The energy shop. When the game was dying, Chris came up with the idea of selling blocks and smileys to the masses. However, the method in which he implemented this messed up the game. He made it a timed resource, giving the better players no reason to play inbetween full charges. Better levels were made rarely, because the more resources lessened creativity. Not only that, but Chris made us pay for certain tools. With 30 second commercials, he could have made more money and made us happier. Chris failed.

Fourth: Updates. When the game first started, updates were far and few. They rarely happened. Then there came the energy shop. It became much easier to add items into the game and Chris started doing so. This in turn caused lower use of old items and some great possible levels were never made. Eventually Chris couldnt keep up with the updates, and there were a couple months off. This would be nothing in the old days, yet many quit. This was the final doom of everybody edits.

Fifth: The trolls. I partly mentioned this before with Kongregate, but this deserves another go. The trolls were fine for a time in the beginning. They cheated in levels and destroyed them if they got the code. They created the need for harder levels, and levels without codes. Later on after this lesson was learned, they served as a conflict in the game. All was well. Then Chris released an UPDATE, and worlds could be saved. Chris did this after surrendering to the whims of the Ex Crew, and they have sat in their seat for a while. But then the trolls attacks became pointless and annoying. Instead of serving the game as a whole, they fell far. Thus the trolls have caused many pros to leave the game. Another fault to the Ex Crew and the updates of Chris.

Sixth: The mods. The mods were made in order to measure user kindness to each other. Their purpose started out well, for they were lifted from normal players to Gods. However, the fault with them is not their own, but rather that of the nooby players. This Modding caused a plethora of ‘{modname} was here’ levels. These serve no point and drive better players away. If these are actual pro levels, then they are losses to the community as a whole. I have several friends who quit this way.

Seventh: The new Admin. Chris’s lack of updates for a while was bad, but at the end of it the game was healing itself. We were getting accustomed to less updates. Then came the Carnival. These backgrounds hurt people eyes. For those who are color blind, these optical illusions are too much. Evil players spam these in levels, sometimes causing accidental clicking. And these close tabs. The robber smiley had no point. And the friends system was simply awful. I understand that it has to be beta-only, but the idea of having to do email addresses is pointless. All this adds up to another name on the payroll. We can expect a lot of pay-only content like the diamond block coming up soon. He should be fired!

I say that such actions should be stopped from repeating itself. Break Ex Crew up! Stop updating the game! People will do all they can with their current blocks and creativity will flourish. But most of all, Ex Crew is at the root of this problem. Stop playing their levels! Call for a break-up! Let Ex Crew be no more!

#2 2017-12-26 19:07:24, last edited by guardtown (2017-12-26 19:07:48)

guardtown

Re: Why is Everybody Edits dead? Discussion Topic, Proofs, Artifacts

I'm staying. I just joined, and I have giant fun. Sure, a lot of veterans and pros are starting to leave, but that leaves noobs. I imagine the game will then go through this horror phase, where hook jumps are way more common, there is 350% more luck, and invisible blocks are the new basic brick.
But, after that nightmarish era, there will be a low amount of levels. The levels will be of decent quality, as there are no idiots that place invisible blocks/hook jumps, but there are no veterans to make great levels. The noobs will have left, and all that is left of the playerbase is just people like me, who like the game too much to leave the game, despite how bad it has gotten.
Over years, the game loses popularity. Soon enough, it dies and there are around 10 people that still play. The game is dead at this point, there is no point in updating it.

Seriously, buckle your pants.

Wooted by:

#3 2017-12-27 01:52:39

hummerz5

Re: Why is Everybody Edits dead? Discussion Topic, Proofs, Artifacts

we have plenty of "EE be dead" threads

hummerz51514335959688131

Board footer