Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-12-13 15:42:36, last edited by italkalotfromee (2017-12-13 15:44:32)

italkalotfromee

Read, if you want.. idk subject lol

How come people all ways feel like the staff is entitled to over-run them or allowed to do whatever they want? I understand they are the staff team and they do support and moderate the server. But mostly, when people suggest things all ways try to give the staff the upper hand.. Such as:

HG wrote:

A user can not ban staff members from their world.

I do not intend to disrespect staff members, moderators, or anyone who supports the game or helps with the game. But I do not understand why people think that staff should be obligated to join the world of a player who doesn't want the staff in it. I mean if the staff feels so obligated to join that persons world because of "drama" or anything of the sort then it should be handle accordingly to the rules. Not harass a player by joining their world consistently because you're a "staff member" and you can do so. I mean everyone every now & then wants there privacy right?

Also this isn't just about joining worlds this goes for anything..

Note: I do understand staff do have special privileges and I agree to a certain degree.

FluxBB bbcode test

Wooted by:

#2 2017-12-13 15:50:06

LukeM
Website

Re: Read, if you want.. idk subject lol

I think the general idea is that the staff can be trusted, so you shouldn't have much reason to ban them other than if you're doing something illegal or against the rules, which they would need to stop

#3 2017-12-13 15:51:14, last edited by italkalotfromee (2017-12-13 15:52:41)

italkalotfromee

LukeM wrote:

I think the general idea is that the staff can be trusted, so you shouldn't have much reason to ban them other than if you're doing something illegal or against the rules, which they would need to stop

But if that was the case, they don't need to come and confront you in the world nor do they have to join the world. I was banned when i was offline for "collecting ips."
Also, players trust each other so how is it any different? How come I can kick someone I "trust" but i can't kick staff member who is apparently "trusted?"

One more question.. Since when did staff automatically become trusted for everybody?

FluxBB bbcode test

#4 2017-12-13 15:53:48

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

You really took your time to search through my posts and take that quote. Nice.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=38192

Wooted by:

#5 2017-12-13 16:00:24, last edited by italkalotfromee (2017-12-13 16:00:35)

italkalotfromee

HG wrote:

You really took your time to search through my posts and take that quote. Nice.

Cheating & staff over-riding players worlds are different but they can be the same. I understand your point in the post you have made. But 'cheating' doesn't apply to staff having the right to enter your world if you 'banned' them from it.. Which was why I posted this topic here..

Also, if players are cheating in your world you can report them then kick them afterwards. As, i stated above:

Notion wrote:

Staff doesn't have to be in-game to ban players.

So to furthermore, of the reason why I shouldn't be able to ban staff from my world is still unexplained..

FluxBB bbcode test

#6 2017-12-13 16:03:08

LukeM
Website

I mean if you are doing something illegal in the world, not if you've already done it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

And they wouldn't make someone staff if they aren't a trustworthy person, and players don't have a reason to need to be allowed into every world, so that bits irrelevant...

Wooted by:

#7 2017-12-13 16:03:18

Kikikan

Don't worry. If a staff member is abusing you, just tell Atilla and he'll demod them.

#8 2017-12-13 16:18:55, last edited by italkalotfromee (2017-12-13 16:22:19)

italkalotfromee

LukeM wrote:

I mean if you are doing something illegal in the world, not if you've already done it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

And they wouldn't make someone staff if they aren't a trustworthy person, and players don't have a reason to need to be allowed into every world, so that bits irrelevant...

You're basically saying staff members are allowed in my world for any reason whatsoever.. That's like saying the police are allowed into your home for any reason. NO! I disagree, if staff doesn't have a valid reason of why they are re-joining your world after you have kicked them then they shouldn't join again. I state "staff" because people said you shouldn't be able to ban them.(from your own worlds..) When I highly disagree.

Okay, truthworthy as in they won't abuse their powers.. Not trustworthy as in you can tell them secrets and etc. Just because the owner and other staff members say you're trust worthy and they give you a position in the staff team. Doesn't mean you have to also agree and state that they are trust-worthy also.. You are entitled to your own opinion rather staff is trustworthy or not..

Basically I'm saying you don't have to suck up to staff members because other community members say "he's trustworthy" or "She's trustworthy."

FluxBB bbcode test

#9 2017-12-13 16:19:10

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Kikikan wrote:

Don't worry. If a staff member is abusing you, just tell Atilla and he'll demod them.

the hero we need

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#10 2017-12-13 16:26:44

LukeM
Website

My point is that staff members sometimes need the ability to join any world, and they should be trusted not to abuse that power (if a user doesn't want them in their world, and they don't have a good reason to need to be there, they should be trusted to respect what that user wants)

Wooted by:

#11 2017-12-13 16:34:39, last edited by italkalotfromee (2017-12-13 16:40:35)

italkalotfromee

LukeM wrote:

My point is that staff members sometimes need the ability to join any world, and they should be trusted not to abuse that power (if a user doesn't want them in their world, and they don't have a good reason to need to be there, they should be trusted to respect what that user wants)

They aren't Gods and players should have authority/rights over there own world.. Else why are you even entitled to the world..
ALSO
Basically staff should be able to be kicked, banned, or removed from worlds by the world owner for any reason without questioning. It doesn't matter the reason.. If i can kick a player then i should be able to kick a staff member. Unless it's a Jurisdiction reason then I don't see the point in why you can't kick, banned, or remove them from that world. If you please to do so.

FluxBB bbcode test

#12 2017-12-13 16:49:55

LukeM
Website

What if you are, for example, trying to convince someone to give you their password, then a staff member joins; they wouldn't know that you are doing that, so by your rules you could kick them so they don't see... This would mean that as the staff member doesn't know what you are doing, they wouldn't be allowed to join your world, and you could continue to steal passwords without them being able to stop you.

Wooted by:

#13 2017-12-13 17:20:31

John

Look, it's your world but their game. Actually, you don't own anything you create on the game.

And if you simply ask a staff member to leave if you want privacy they normally will unless if you are doing something that they consider questionable.

PW?scale=2

Wooted by: (3)

#14 2017-12-14 00:02:07

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

italkalotfromee wrote:

How come people all ways feel like the staff is entitled to over-run them or allowed to do whatever they want? I understand they are the staff team and they do support and moderate the server. But mostly, when people suggest things all ways try to give the staff the upper hand.. Such as:

HG wrote:

I do not intend to disrespect staff members, moderators, or anyone who supports the game or helps with the game. But I do not understand why people think that staff should be obligated to join the world of a player who doesn't want the staff in it. I mean if the staff feels so obligated to join that persons world because of "drama" or anything of the sort then it should be handle accordingly to the rules. Not harass a player by joining their world consistently because you're a "staff member" and you can do so. I mean everyone every now & then wants there privacy right?

Not sure which member of staff you're referring to, but I feel like I should step in to defend staff to an extent. Firstly, (and I'm aware this is somewhat the fault of the developers,) we have no indication whether worlds are "visible" or not, or if they're Friends-Only, until AFTER we join the worlds, as all the worlds with anyone in them, visible or otherwise, are listed in the lobby. As such, the staff isn't immediately kicked on entry, but we do get a notification. If I join and see that it's clear I shouldn't be there, I leave without trying to rejoin.

Secondly, staff shouldn't be abusing their powers to rejoin worlds where they're not wanted. If they are, I believe you can still "Report Abuse" just like with any other player, and a discussion about it may be had amongst the staff.

Xenonetix_2.png

Wooted by:

#15 2017-12-14 02:48:36

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

italkalotfromee wrote:

You're basically saying staff members are allowed in my world for any reason whatsoever.. That's like saying the police are allowed into your home for any reason.

Those are completely different things.

The staff can do what they want. It's their game.

Discord: jawp#5123

#16 2017-12-14 04:37:20, last edited by italkalotfromee (2017-12-14 04:40:49)

italkalotfromee

Emalton wrote:

Look, it's your world but their game. Actually, you don't own anything you create on the game.

And if you simply ask a staff member to leave if you want privacy they normally will unless if you are doing something that they consider questionable.

Okay, If we're looking at it from this stand point of view then I want my refund back for the smiles i purchased. Since I don't own anything in the game.

LukeM wrote:

What if you are, for example, trying to convince someone to give you their password, then a staff member joins; they wouldn't know that you are doing that, so by your rules you could kick them so they don't see... This would mean that as the staff member doesn't know what you are doing, they wouldn't be allowed to join your world, and you could continue to steal passwords without them being able to stop you.

If someone is trying to steal your password it is your responsibility to report them. Not the admins/moderators to hop in your world and try to stop it. You need to stand up for yourself and your information. Otherwise, I would recommend a parent to watch over you.

MrJaWapa wrote:
italkalotfromee wrote:

You're basically saying staff members are allowed in my world for any reason whatsoever.. That's like saying the police are allowed into your home for any reason.

Those are completely different things.

The staff can do what they want. It's their game.

The police can do what they want, it's their streets. I mean you do listen to their laws right? Okay then.. That's my point.. I listen to the laws & in-game rules but I don't suck up to the staff or the police and I don't go trying to make laws were the police are allowed to by pass them, do I? NO. So why should players make ideas in-game were the staff can break those? Such as the ban or kick player..

Mega Lamb wrote:
italkalotfromee wrote:

HG wrote:

Not sure which member of staff you're referring to, but I feel like I should step in to defend staff to an extent. Firstly, (and I'm aware this is somewhat the fault of the developers,) we have no indication whether worlds are "visible" or not, or if they're Friends-Only, until AFTER we join the worlds, as all the worlds with anyone in them, visible or otherwise, are listed in the lobby. As such, the staff isn't immediately kicked on entry, but we do get a notification. If I join and see that it's clear I shouldn't be there, I leave without trying to rejoin.

Secondly, staff shouldn't be abusing their powers to rejoin worlds where they're not wanted. If they are, I believe you can still "Report Abuse" just like with any other player, and a discussion about it may be had amongst the staff.

I agree with you but lets say you're kicked from the world owner and he doesn't give you a reason. Do you rejoin or what do you do? <- This is what I am aiming at. Because I've seen players kick staff and they instantly rejoin. No I'm not going to point out people or say names. This isn't a post to try to belittle or call someone out, I'm not here to offended anyone but to understand the reason why staff should have the right to rejoin a world even after kicked unlike players having to wait..

Not intentionally aiming at any staff.

FluxBB bbcode test

#17 2017-12-14 04:53:27

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

italkalotfromee wrote:

The police can do what they want, it's their streets. I mean you do listen to their laws right? Okay then.. That's my point.. I listen to the laws & in-game rules but I don't suck up to the staff or the police and I don't go trying to make laws were the police are allowed to by pass them, do I? NO. So why should players make ideas in-game were the staff can break those? Such as the ban or kick player..

Game staff can do what they want, because it's their game. They make the rules. It's up to them what can and can't be done, and what is allowed in worlds. It's not your call. All you can do is complain and hope they take it into consideration. Stop comparing a video game to a police state. They're not police, and their not invading your home

#18 2017-12-14 04:57:04, last edited by italkalotfromee (2017-12-14 05:03:47)

italkalotfromee

MrJaWapa wrote:
italkalotfromee wrote:

Game staff can do what they want, because it's their game. They make the rules. It's up to them what can and can't be done, and what is allowed in worlds. It's not your call. All you can do is complain and hope they take it into consideration. Stop comparing a video game to a police state. They're not police, and their not invading your home

Why are you posting here acting like you're grumpy & etc.. I was just trying to discuss something and you get all defensive.. Why you suck up to the stuff so much?? No wonder, they loved you as a staff member..

CONTENT WARNING

Also if that's how the staff is then why do people play?? That's kinda messed up. Like the community has no say basically? I mean why do you want to play a game like that? It's good to debate and discuss things not to be stuck up like you're doing right now. I don't know why you are acting like that..

FluxBB bbcode test

#19 2017-12-14 06:06:02

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I think staff members should always stay out of private worlds unless there is a good reason to believe somebody may be breaking the rules there.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by:

#20 2017-12-14 13:52:03

John

N1KF wrote:

I think staff members should always stay out of private worlds unless there is a good reason to believe somebody may be breaking the rules there.

The "issue" is that they don't know what a private world is until they join one. They get a system message.

italkalotfromee wrote:
Emalton wrote:

Okay, If we're looking at it from this stand point of view then I want my refund back for the smiles i purchased. Since I don't own anything in the game.

That must be the most idiotic thing I've heard today, congratulations. You purchase smilies (or anything else) for the ability to use them, you don't own them.

italkalotfromee wrote:

If someone is trying to steal your password it is your responsibility to report them. Not the admins/moderators to hop in your world and try to stop it. You need to stand up for yourself and your information. Otherwise, I would recommend a parent to watch over you.

2nd most idiotic thing I've heard The staff don't automagically know when people are getting harassed / getting their password stolen. It's not like they are EVERYWHERE. That's why it's your job to report it and the staff will see the chat log.

italkalotfromee wrote:

No, they police can not do what they want. They don't own the streets. They work for a government entity to help keep law and order. They don't make the rules nor do they "own" them. I can't decipher what you're saying in the last two sentences. Please word better / explain.

italkalotfromee wrote:

Because I've seen players kick staff and they instantly rejoin.

That's impossible to kick a staff member.

italkalotfromee wrote:

No I'm not going to point out people or say names.

That's because it's impossible for it to happen in the first place. https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

italkalotfromee wrote:

<snip>
Why are you posting here acting like you're grumpy & etc.. I was just trying to discuss something and you get all defensive.. Why you suck up to the stuff so much?? No wonder, they loved you as a staff member..

CONTENT WARNING

Also if that's how the staff is then why do people play?? That's kinda messed up. Like the community has no say basically? I mean why do you want to play a game like that? It's good to debate and discuss things not to be stuck up like you're doing right now. I don't know why you are acting like that..

He's not sucking up to the staff, he's point out the flawed logic within your posts. And you're right, the community have no say unless if the staff agree on an issue that the community brings up. He's not being stuck up, he's merely stating that this topic is idiotic.

PW?scale=2

Wooted by: (2)

#21 2017-12-14 14:05:41

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Police don't own streets???
And yeah it's the staff's game, not ours. If you look at other games, you'll notice a large portion of them DO NOT take community feedback. Count your blessings.

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

#22 2017-12-14 17:05:09

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

jkdrip wrote:

Police don't own streets???
And yeah it's the staff's game, not ours. If you look at other games, you'll notice a large portion of them DO NOT take community feedback. Count your blessings.

valve...

Wooted by:

PTU

#23 2017-12-14 21:22:06

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

italkalotfromee wrote:

I agree with you but lets say you're kicked from the world owner and he doesn't give you a reason. Do you rejoin or what do you do?

If a world owner attempts to kick a member of staff, the world owner gets kicked, and the staff member remains in the world. They do not rejoin immediately because they never left in the first place.

italkalotfromee wrote:

Because I've seen players kick staff and they instantly rejoin.

Then the people being kicked are not staff, or this is untrue.

italkalotfromee wrote:

No I'm not going to point out people or say names.

If people are impersonating staff, and you believe they're successfully being kicked, it may be appreciated for names to be named, to identify the people impersonating staff when they shouldn't be.

italkalotfromee wrote:

I'm here to understand the reason why staff should have the right to rejoin a world even after kicked unlike players having to wait.

Primarily because staff are developers and moderators of the game, so there are times when it's a necessity for them to join worlds immediately, and cases where it's necessary to join invisible worlds to do their jobs effectively.

Imagine you go into a shop, and the owner of the shop walks into the room, and you shout "GET OUT OF HERE" at him. Chances are that security would be called, and you would be escorted from the premises, rather than him just leaving quietly. Apply that logic to EE rooms in the same manner, with the developers as the owners, and the moderators as security.

Xenonetix_2.png

Wooted by: (3)

#24 2017-12-14 23:04:48

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

^ Wtf the owner shouldn't get kicked for trying to kick a mod. If it's important that staff can't get kicked, then nothing at all should happen. Nobody should be punished for kicking someone else, and that real-world example isn't relevant nor necessarily true.

In an ideal world the mod would get a message saying "Abc tried to kick you with the message 'xyz' ", and being the considerate and benevolent entity that they are, they'd finish up anything important and leave the room if it was clear that their presence wasn't appreciated.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#25 2017-12-14 23:09:08

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

The kick was backfired to you. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

drunkbnu1513289348686319

Board footer