Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-23 12:40:29

Gosha

Is banning people really good strategy for us nowadays?

We are very small comunity, most of the time bans come from little things like spam and minimodding.

Idk how it works for you, but for me when i get banned for a week - i don't have any reason or desire to come back. It's like pull out the drug tube for a week.

My point is: Does banning people for minor things really worth it? It creates more harm because people leave and don't come back.
Maybe create some other form of payment for your crimes?

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2017-11-23 13:14:44

Kira

Re: Is banning people really good strategy for us nowadays?

"Pay $50 to redeem your 3 months ban! (We accept paypal and bitcoins now)!"

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2017-11-23 13:34:44

Lictor666

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2017-11-23 13:37:19

Blackmask

Unban all and you will earn 600+ players   i!iNOFAKEi!i  //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink;);)

#5 2017-11-23 17:39:33, last edited by Tomahawk (2017-11-23 17:41:56)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Gosha --> banned for spam
Lictor --> banned for spam

>_>

The 1-point warnings should have their own ban-duration chart that's more lenient than the other warnings; for example, a 1-day ban for each spam/minimodding point up to a total of 5 points, and then 2-3 day bans for each point after that. Also a quicker warning expiry.

EDIT: Posting a single smiley is harmless. Those bans were overkill.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#6 2017-11-23 17:53:27

Xfrogman43

Tomahawk wrote:

EDIT: Posting a single smiley is harmless. Those bans were overkill.

yes i agree but they had warnings for other stuff and it accumulated because everything has a month before it expires

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#7 2017-11-23 18:03:32

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

dont get banned then wtf lol???
dont use the scarce activity of community as a defensive card for your bans lol?????

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#8 2017-11-24 02:56:30

HeyNK

We aren't banning enough people... this forum is too active and needs a culling.

#9 2017-11-24 03:34:15, last edited by N1KF (2017-11-24 04:06:21)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Here the problems with the current moderation system:

1. Some rules simply aren't needed. For example, double-posting does not harm the forum except when repeatedly done to disrupt the forum so it shouldn't even be mentioned.

2. We have no general rule against disrupting the forum. Our rules are oddly specific when it comes to stuff like double-posting yet doesn't even address this issue. This isn't much of a problem right now but it puts the forum in a tiny amount of danger in the case that some mischievous version of me comes around.

3. The warning system encourages moderators to act like robots and it makes things more complicated than they need to be.

4. Right now, rule-breakers come back even when it's obvious they won't follow the rules. Banning is treated as a way to punish the user, not a way to protect the forum even though that should be reversed.

Here's how we fix it:

1. Trim the rule list.

2. Make a "don't make the forum harder to use" rule.

3. Get rid of the warning system in favor of proposal 4.

4. Message users if they are disrupting the forum. If they keep doing it anyway, ban the user forever and encourage them to talk it out with the forum mods.

Wooted by:

#10 2017-11-24 08:02:33

Doomsdaytoy9000

heh that's a lotta spam (minor) warnings

XR0wvu0.png

#11 2017-11-24 08:47:15

Joeyc

Gosha wrote:

We are very small comunity, most of the time bans come from little things like spam and minimodding.

Idk how it works for you, but for me when i get banned for a week - i don't have any reason or desire to come back. It's like pull out the drug tube for a week.

My point is: Does banning people for minor things really worth it? It creates more harm because people leave and don't come back.
Maybe create some other form of payment for your crimes?

Love the idea, but do you think people are really gonna pay money? Come on. Half of the community is kids begging for there parents credit card. Using gems to get red of your ban depending on how long it is would be nice. But it's like pay to play almost. Plus those people will probably just rather wait and continue to do so whatever they did.

#12 2017-11-25 12:38:03

skullz17

I don't actually understand how people get banned so much. Is it that hard to follow the rules?

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#13 2017-11-25 15:01:26

MartenM
Website

N1KF wrote:

Message users if they are disrupting the forum. If they keep doing it anyway, ban the user forever and encourage them to talk it out with the forum mods.

The current format already punishes users for their wrong actions, yet they do it over and over again.
This system which you suggest will make a lot of users perm banned.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

#14 2017-11-25 16:10:55

Different55
Forum Admin

MartenM wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Message users if they are disrupting the forum. If they keep doing it anyway, ban the user forever and encourage them to talk it out with the forum mods.

The current format already punishes users for their wrong actions, yet they do it over and over again.

Nobody gets permabanned, longest ban possible is something like 6 months. Only way to get a permaban is to raid or be a spambot, basically.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#15 2017-11-25 17:08:13

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

With so few forum users, “small” things like spam and minimodding are blown up in proportion due to the lack of genuine posts/content able to hide the spam. Also, after being banned for a week, I would want think most users would be excited to see what they’ve missed. Idk that’s just my take. Oh, and as mentioned earlier, it’s repeated infractions that cause bans to be so long, so you’re really only doing this to yourself ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#16 2017-11-25 19:37:22

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

MartenM wrote:
N1KF wrote:

Nope. The bans won't last forever if the users are reasonable enough to talk it out with the moderators. If they aren't that reasonable, then they aren't fit to be on the forum.

N1KF1511635042684320

Board footer