Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-14 00:10:01

Saint-14
Formerly The Armamentarium

tbh i'm really **** sick of life

sorry for profanity, but i want to get my point across.

i'm really sick of life.
like, really, really sick of life.

i'm putting this here because i really don't know what to do anymore.

so, here's one thing to start this off: depression.
i've been dealing with depression for a while, (5 years), and i don't know what to do.
i'm really depressed because of how unfortunate i am.
i live in a country where nobody can accept the truth, or criticism, because any criticism, constructive or not, people will threaten you for it.
i criticised somebody about stealing a song, so they got their friends to assault me, and i've talked about it before.
i got really badly injured, and now suffering from constant migraines.
i'm also really depressed because i'm overweight; i'm almost 20 stone, and i'm 5 foot 10.

another thing to add is: suicide
i attempted overdose in an attempt to kill myself because of my depression.
i really, really wanted death.
i failed, and i feel i'll attempt it again.
i'm not even sure what to do.

another is: medication
i'm not old enough for anti-depressants, but i feel that's all that'll work.
i can only take therapy, which never helps.
there's only so much i can do until i can take medication.

sorry for this being so horribly put together, i'm just so sick of life and i don't know what to do

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2017-11-14 00:19:13, last edited by Guest. (2017-11-14 00:21:25)

Guest.

Re: tbh i'm really **** sick of life

if you actually want help i wouldnt be consulting the ee community, which mainly consists of bullies, trolls, and idiots - consult someone you actually trust

btw who the **** are you

Wooted by:

#3 2017-11-14 00:37:36

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

The Armamentarium wrote:

i criticised somebody about stealing a song, so they got their friends to assault me, and i've talked about it before.
i got really badly injured, and now suffering from constant migraines.

File a police report.

The Armamentarium wrote:

i'm also really depressed because i'm overweight; i'm almost 20 stone, and i'm 5 foot 10.

Then do something about it.

The Armamentarium wrote:

i've been dealing with depression for a while

The Armamentarium wrote:

i'm not old enough for anti-depressants,

Puberty isn't the same as being depressed.

Discord: jawp#5123

#4 2017-11-14 00:52:24

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

if you need someone to talk to, PM me or message me on discord or something. i would 100% rather be woken up at any given time to help someone than never hear from you again. you won't be a bother or anything, i pinky promise.

I don't think there's such a thing as being "too young" for anti-depressants, but i'm not a doctor, so I recommend first and foremost talking to a doctor and really asking them to consider letting you on antidepressants. like beg 'em if you gotta.

medication really helps but it needs adjusting and tweaking, so don't expect one pill a day to solve all your problems.

are you doing what your therapist recommends? like, managing anxiety/negative thoughts/etc. that could also help. if your therapist really isn't helping, try a different one.

also a) exercise and b) don't isolate yourself. both of those help when it comes to depression. but really really really really really do not isolate yourself. that's a very important thing.

next time you're really suicidal, instead of making an attempt, please try calling the suicide hotline:

Ireland: +4408457909090 (other countries in case you don't live in ireland which i only guessed based on usage of stones and feet/inches)

**** gets better. circumstances change. you just have to grind your teeth and get through it. i promise, one day it'll be okay. you just have to get through it now. find things to live for. it doesn't have to be something "important" like friends or family; it could be as simple as wanting to play a game that isn't released yet.

suicide is permanent. what's waiting a few weeks/months/years to see if things change compared to an eternity of nothing, y'know?

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#5 2017-11-14 01:56:06

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

The ratio of supportive to unhelpful/downright-malevolent posts looks about right for these forums. What great people. 10/10 would ask for life advice again.

I'm in no position to relate, but I suggest you actively search for as many things as possible that you enjoy doing, and then do them often. Ideally things involving other people and/or fresh air, but mainly to distract you from the bad hand you've been dealt. Read a book, listen to music, play some games, play an instrument, learn a language, do some art, cook some food, go shopping, watch a movie, play minigolf, talk to people, whatever, but leave no second idle if that idleness leaves space for negative thoughts.

Remember that regardless of what the people around you may say and do, your priorities are yours to decide. Happiness is way further up the list than education/exams/whatever else you may be worrying about, and it's certainly the number one priority if you have food/warmth/shelter/physical wellbeing sorted out (maybe see someone about those migraines, they suck). If you're not even 18, there's loads of time to take some metaphorical detours to sort life out, before things like money become an issue. While it's true that our expectations always scale to fit the ups and downs of our current situation, taking a moment to zoom out (figuratively-speaking) beyond the day-to-day mortal coil can be quite good for getting some perspective on it all.

Idk if that helped at all. Medication for mental health can be a rabbit hole; you can end up with a daily cocktail that leaves you in a better mood but unable to actually appreciate it. I also happen to not be a qualified medical advisor, but personally I'd stay away from the drugs for as long as there's a single other thing you can try.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#6 2017-11-14 02:07:18, last edited by N1KF (2017-11-14 02:15:42)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

This may be my super privileged self speaking, but don't get into the attitude of "life could be so much better". By our ungrateful human standards, any life could be considered "better" even if some more than others. It may feel natural to do so but it isn't healthy in the long run. Really, anything that distracts you from the current reality is going to make you feel worse. Remember that you can guide your thoughts and feelings with enough time and work.

Zoey2070 wrote:

but really really really really really do not isolate yourself. that's a very important thing.

I'm not even depressed and I consider this very good advice. Limiting your comfort zone makes life smaller and less fulfilling.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#7 2017-11-14 03:34:31

Kira

everything is gonna be alright look what i've been through these past weeks

U2L2man7QTqErrMfNBS9bA.png

I'm being abused, tortured by a satanic satan from the depths of them abysses

#8 2017-11-14 04:11:24, last edited by Abelysk (2017-11-14 04:14:29)

Abelysk

Zoey2070 wrote:

also a) exercise and b) don't isolate yourself. both of those help when it comes to depression. but really really really really really do not isolate yourself. that's a very important thing.

I've tried doing these things, it's not possible with my personality, resources, and the people around me. My parents think that I shouldn't go out with friends anywhere, because the only people I should be friends with are Christians. Problem is I'm not Christian, and every Christian I've met has a vastly different mindset than what I can be around. I'm not at all the type of person to boycott my family, as I wanna be on their side... I'm too weak to do anything.

I am also depressed and always worry if I get my hands on a gun I'll end up shooting myself.

#9 2017-11-14 05:44:28

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Abelysk wrote:
Zoey2070 wrote:

I've tried doing these things, it's not possible with my personality, resources, and the people around me. My parents think that I shouldn't go out with friends anywhere, because the only people I should be friends with are Christians. Problem is I'm not Christian, and every Christian I've met has a vastly different mindset than what I can be around. I'm not at all the type of person to boycott my family, as I wanna be on their side... I'm too weak to do anything.

I am also depressed and always worry if I get my hands on a gun I'll end up shooting myself.

you're not too weak. i don't know your situation but... there has to be a safe medium. idk. try explaining to them what's up. but look: if your family is getting in the way of your mental health, you should focus on what's best for you and your health, and not what will make others happy. maybe you're underage or whatever, and in that case just wait until you're old enough. don't let ya family control you. go outside and take walks etc. i dunno

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#10 2017-11-15 01:21:23

XxAtillaxX

common side effect of a lot of anti-depressants is suicidal impulses, good to keep in mind. should probably take non-addictive drugs (i.e. weed, mushrooms, poss lsd) to improve life satisfaction
things don't always get better for everyone, but for most people it usually does for the most part. suicide always being an option is a stress reliever/plan D for me, leads me to making an attempt first and has always kept me content with issues I faced
wouldn't necessarily blame the country you live in for being unable to accept criticism but there's always people similar to yourself no matter which country you reside in, so it's very much possible to find allies

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#11 2017-11-15 21:45:10

soniiiety

orrr you could of asked for my help im always here on the forums to help im even online on discord,twitter,facebook,youtube and anything else i forgot also i tryed phone numbers and distractions, but there is a better way to solve your problems and  get help etc just pm and i will tell details i can give you an online mag about teenage depression and how to deal with it.

soniiiety1510778710683599

Board footer