Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-12 19:32:09

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Console Wars: PS4 VS. Switch VS. Xbox One X

So, which console is the best overall? The best deal for its cost? Benefiting its creator the most? Has the best game library? Has other good desirable features? In what ways does one console outdo another?

If you are going to voice your opinion here, I suggest (but don't require; I'm not your boss) that you state what consoles you own, have bought, and have played on the most, to portray an idea of which "side" you're aligned with.

If you've talked to me about video games, you probably know that I am incredibly biased towards Nintendo. I am and always have been a Nintendo fanboy. I grew up with an SNES and N64, skipped GC, had a Wii, Wii U, and I bought a Switch (being the only console I actually purchased). I also grew up with both a PS1 and PS2. I've only gotten into PC gaming about 2 years ago. I've never had any Xbox consoles nor have I had an interest in them. Of those consoles, I've played the Wii the most, mostly due to being addicted to Super Smash Bros. Brawl, along with other console exclusives such as Super Mario Galaxy and Super Paper Mario.

The Switch is exceeding just about everyone's expectations in terms of sales. It has definitely made up for the shoddy Wii U sales, and will continue to sell far better than the Wii U ever did. For a console, Nintendo has finally gotten their act together and is making it a major point that 3rd party games are in the Switch's library. Combined with Nintendo's excellent 1st party masterpieces such as Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey, this has made the Switch's growing library rather desirable. The PS4's library is currently better, however it is still very early in the Switch's lifespan. The console's framerate is subpar, running the console's flagship launch title Breath of the Wild at 900p 30 fps, however I don't believe anyone really goes to Nintendo for specs. The one major gripe I have about the Switch is the kickstand - it is incredibly flimsy, and only really useful on a hard surface. The real Switch seller, imo, is that it's incredibly portable. The controllers attach to the console, so you don't need to bring them separate, and the display is large enough that you're not cutting back on the visuals too much. The controllers were questionable at launch, but turns out that they can attach to a few different plastic frames, so they can feel like a standard controller, 2 separate controllers (akin to the Wiimote/nunchuck), or just attach them to the console (akin to the Wii U). Depending on the game being played, battery life ranges from 2.5 hours to 6 hours, which I believe is rather similar to Nintendo's 3DS and is pretty acceptable.

I believe the PS4 is the Switch's main competitor. It seems to be a pretty standard console, with good enough specs and a huge library. It has desirable console-exclusives just like the Switch does, and the controllers are rather standard. It seems to be a tried-and-true console, not really deviating from what's known to do well. Anyone that's not very welcoming of Nintendo's experiments will probably resort to the PS4.

I definitely think the Xbox One X will fall short of its competitors. While it does exactly what's promised, who really cares enough to buy a console with such powerful specs? Especially if it's still inferior to PC. Many of the games you can play on the Xbox1X are also available on PC, meaning if you already have a gaming PC getting an Xbox1X is rather redundant. It promises superior versions of games, however its library is rather lackluster and unlike the Switch, doesn't seem too promising. I've seen some reviews of this console, and a number of them state that the increased specs don't really make enough of a difference to the human eye to warrant a purchase.

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

#2 2017-11-12 20:26:34

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Re: Console Wars: PS4 VS. Switch VS. Xbox One X

I stick with my PS3, because I can play multi-player games online for free.

PS4 and Xbox One require paid licenses.

#3 2017-11-12 20:56:46, last edited by N1KF (2017-11-12 21:18:59)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

PC and Nintendo Switch master races. Aside from arbitrary console exclusives, PCs are better than Xbox and PlayStation in every way, including price. A PC can do everything those systems can do plus more, with far more freedom. At least Nintendo has hardware features that give people a good reason to buy their systems.

edit: Since I'm cheating the topic by bringing up PC in a topic about consoles, I'm going with Nintendo Switch since it's the only one I have and I like Nintendo games.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#4 2017-11-12 20:59:15

Pingohits
Banned

iphone x

791mAP8.png

Pingohits1510516755683177

Board footer