Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-24 04:25:26

Thisistheslashermaster

Tools that make ee a little faster to build/some cool things

Heyo! I make ee games. And there are a few things that bother me, so here are my "tools" suggestions!

Select:Used for copying and pasteing. You select a area,and you can then copy/cut that. you can also drag a area that is selected.

Copy:After selecting a area,you press ctrl + c.

Paste:After copying,press ctrl + c.

Fill:Fills in a area with a block of your choice.

undo/redo If you make a mistake,you can press undo. if you deleted something accidently,you can redo it.

EFFECTS:
You can place a effect on a block,its kinda like a backround but it affects the block. Here is an example:

Rainbow effect:
When placed on a block,make the block have a rainbow animation

Glitch effect:
Glitches the block a little every few seconds. You can set the delay of the glitching. (0 is keep doing the animation without a cooldown)

Thats about all i have. Thank you for looking at this,And please comment! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#2 2017-10-24 04:30:46

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: Tools that make ee a little faster to build/some cool things

Since all editing is done live, this might be a bit heavy on the server, though I don't know for sure how bad it would be. In the meantime you should try out ]EEditor.

#3 2017-10-24 04:32:30

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

for now i guess you'll just have to use plug-it and figure out how to use it (its better than eeditor OK)

tbh i should just make a guide for the builder tools i recommend it all the time

suddenly random sig change

#4 2017-10-24 11:54:26

Latif

It won't be heavy for the server, and I think pasting would be very good for bots if you want to place multiple blocks. I don't know if it's hard to implement but here's my idea how it should work:

* Copying and selecting doesn't send any message to the server.
* Pasting sends an array of blocks to the server.
* Moving a selection sends the x, y, width and height of a selection to the server and the new position of the selection.
* Filling only sends the block you fill with and the location. The client fills the area.

It's just sending a single message to the server, only the client has to do a bit more work. Not sure if this would lag EE even more. I think these things should be in the unexisting Unity update.

These aren't original ideas but most people want this. Btw, the effect ideas are bad.

#5 2017-10-24 14:35:09

peace

Latif wrote:

It won't be heavy for the server, and I think pasting would be very good for bots if you want to place multiple blocks. I don't know if it's hard to implement but here's my idea how it should work:

* Copying and selecting doesn't send any message to the server.
* Pasting sends an array of blocks to the server.
* Moving a selection sends the x, y, width and height of a selection to the server and the new position of the selection.
* Filling only sends the block you fill with and the location. The client fills the area.

It's just sending a single message to the server, only the client has to do a bit more work. Not sure if this would lag EE even more. I think these things should be in the unexisting Unity update.

These aren't original ideas but most people want this. Btw, the effect ideas are bad.

ahem how does the seve rknow if u copyed something?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#6 2017-10-24 14:56:50

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:

Why would it need to?

Wooted by:

#7 2017-10-25 00:44:21

soniiiety

this sounds like a cool idea, but I don't think it will be added, plus this could be used as a bot tho, mods and devs don't care about that.

#8 2017-10-25 04:04:43

Pingohits
Banned

soniiiety wrote:

this sounds like a cool idea, but I don't think it will be added, plus this could be used as a bot tho, mods and devs don't care about that.

ARE THOSE PUNCTUATION MARKS

791mAP8.png

#9 2017-10-25 12:08:38

peace

destroyer123 wrote:
peace wrote:

Why would it need to?

it needs to know in ornder to paste something how does it know when i needs to pase if it doesn t know what is copied? (im not a coder might be wrong)

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#10 2017-10-25 14:56:29

Latif

peace wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:
peace wrote:

Why would it need to?

it needs to know in ornder to paste something how does it know when i needs to pase if it doesn t know what is copied? (im not a coder might be wrong)

You can't program so you shouldn't say anything. When you select something the client stores the blocks in the selection in an array. When pasting the blocks, the array needs to be sent to all players in the world so they can see you pasted something.

Maybe it's a cool idea to let other people see you selected something. And when you copy the selection it will do a short effect. If it's like that, the client has to send a message when you select/copy something.

#11 2017-10-25 23:35:30

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

The idea was to have the client remember what was copied rather than the server, like a bot would do, just sending it all at once rather than one block at a time

#12 2017-10-26 00:17:27

soniiiety

Pingohits wrote:
soniiiety wrote:

wait, what, I been using  PUNCTUATION MARKS the whole time?, also ohhhhhhh you mean like another hack?, like 667 or maybe better 677,777?, who knows?, maybe you trying to too code another hack client, because in 667 you could increase block size to 6x6 for owner, 5x5 for people on another world.

#13 2017-10-26 17:52:26

capasha

soniiiety wrote:
Pingohits wrote:
soniiiety wrote:

wait, what, I been using  PUNCTUATION MARKS the whole time?, also ohhhhhhh you mean like another hack?, like 667 or maybe better 677,777?, who knows?, maybe you trying to too code another hack client, because in 667 you could increase block size to 6x6 for owner, 5x5 for people on another world.

You are correct. 777 can do these things now, It's private but it works.

Wooted by:

#14 2017-10-26 21:18:00

soniiiety

capasha wrote:
soniiiety wrote:
Pingohits wrote:
soniiiety wrote:

You are correct. 777 can do these things now, It's private but it works.

oh can i have link then XD?

#15 2017-10-27 01:48:22

Thisistheslashermaster

I dont use things like that very much,but i'll try it out.

#16 2017-10-27 10:13:17

Filip2005
Website

Thisistheslashermaster wrote:

Heyo! I make ee games. And there are a few things that bother me, so here are my "tools" suggestions!

EE is a game,  do you mean worlds (levels) and minis ? You probably make these trashy minigames and bosses , anyway I found myself disagreeable to the statements you have posted, EE won't select those for reasons, such as for trolling (yes, even owners troll). Au revoir - Filip

I am Filip and I like women.

#17 2017-10-27 10:50:03

Kikikan

Filip2005 The Junior help wrote:

such as for trolling (yes, even owners troll).

The owner of the world should be able to do whatever the heck they want, since they own the world...

Wooted by: (3)

#18 2017-10-28 06:41:16

soniiiety

but it's not their game plus the game will have limitation so people will spend money

soniiiety1509169276681551

Board footer