Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-10-20 15:27:37

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 16 [TIE]

I have no idea why N1KF has been attaking me. It literally took his first post to start calling me out by twisting what my actions mean. It’s a little suspicious is it not that he was so adamant on his first post? That’s just my thoughts on that.

In regards to Emalton I’m confused as to what he could have done to make him end up dead. I mean, he wasn’t one of the most vocal players but at least he was willing to use his vote, unlike Slabdrill. For the record I agree with Jkdrip and Hummerz that Slabdrill is too quiet. I’m sure HeyNK would be just as willing to pressure Sladrill as well. So that’s already 4 of us willing to vote for him. If that doesn’t make Slabdril speak up immediately then I don’t think anything will. I do think we should consider other people though as silence isn’t exactly the worst crime.

Finally, I guess that since there was a kill tonight that either it was a full moon or that the werewolves function exactly like the regular Mafia. Personally, I think it’s the latter.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#27 2017-10-20 19:16:40

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

N1KF wrote:
Devlin wrote:

I was the 3rd to vote on the wagon

Like I said, common scum sign. Scum like to be in the middle of bandwagons since the beginning and the end are the most interesting and attention-grabbing parts of a bandwagon lynch.

Then surely since everyone knows that the scum will start voting in the beginning and end? Then everyone will know they tend to vote then and the scum will switch back to voting in the middle. It's a cycle that keeps repeating and ultimately I think if you look at each lynch individually means nothing. However, it is extremely likely that on every wagon there is at least 1 scum. So what you have to do is compare lynches to each other. The people who are voting more often on lynches we get wrong are more likely to be scum. Unfortunately for me, I'm probably going to be on every single wagon. The only times I am usually not on a wagon is when I strongly disagree that the person we are lynching is scum or that the reasons they are being lynched are stupid ones. My placement on the wagons means nothing. You will find this true if you looked back at all the games I have played.

N1KF wrote:

I changed my mind slightly about HeyNK. He's crazy, but I think he's town crazy. Scum tend to be careful and calculating, while town folk tend to be more whatever. Unless my brain somehow filtered out what I read, I don't think anybody gave any good arguments against HeyNK beyond "he's crazy.

You know no one actually believed HeyNK is scum? No one every strongly believes the person we are trying to lynch day 1 is scum. We were trying to lynch HeyNK because there was no one else and he was the one displaying the most undesirable traits. These being he was being cocky and crazy. Not something many townies like to deal with an entire game.

N1KF wrote:

If I misinterpret something you say, feel free to respond, but so far I'm getting quite a few suspicious vibes from you.

How about pretty much everything you have said about me thus far?

N1KF wrote:

Do you have any better ideas who is scum?

Obviously at this point I am going to say you. The only reason you'd have to attack me is if we are not on the same faction. If that is the case then that makes you scum. However, if you drop this whole "every post is an attack on Devlin" fiasco I am willing to just pass it off as passive agrresion from a fellow town member who is trying to get things going somewhere.

N1KF wrote:

]And maybe you're just a werewolf patting yourself on the back thinking you're smart while saying "lol, i have literally NO idea why the werewolves attacked emalton." If you really are town, you aren't doing a very good job at it.

Umm okay. But just saying that if you are town then you are not doing a very good job either since you are attacking another town member with very little to go on. Also, if you are scum, then you are not doing a very good job either. If your attempt to start a wagon succeeds my township will confirmed to everyone and I'd really like to see you squirm as you try to figure out how you're going to get out of so agrresively condeming a town member to their death.

N1KF wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

very interesting. n1kf continues pushing on devlin when there's so little to go on lol. perhaps n1kf could be seer which actually has day-investigation? otherwise he wouldn't have known to go after devlin before n1 anyhow. just about every post pushes the devlin agenda.

why tho

I made multiple points Day 1 that haven't been refuted yet. I feel it's a bit more substantial than "Slabdrill's being inactive" or "HeyNK's being crazy"

Oh yes of course, "you voted 3rd" is definately much more reasonable than those 2 points. Besides, I never said I believed Slabdrill or HeyNK were scum. HeyNK was a day 1 vote and Slabdrill was a pressure vote. Please wait for me to actually directly accuse people of scum before you start picking apart my arguments against them.

N1KF wrote:

or "Anatoly's being suicidal"

Please point to exactly where I ever say that. The only ever times I have every directed my messages towards Anatoly was first of all when I asked him if he was serious about not wanting to play and second of all saying I found him slightly scummy in my scum reads. Saying someone is slightly scummy is not the same as making a point against them and accusing them of scum. So not only are your points agianst me rather weak and flawed ones, but you are also literally making things up to make me seem more unreasonable. Good job.

N1KF wrote:

If you have evidence to suggest Devlin is part of the town, please let me know. I've yet to see anybody post any though.

Since when was this game scum until proven innocent? I've always played the game as everyone is town until I have reason to believe otherwise.

Slabdrill wrote:

My usual playstyle involves only talking when i have something to say. But if you want a scumread, I'll go through everyone's isolate lists and see what I can come up with. (Prob wont be much different than yours)

Yes. This would be appreciated. I'd like to say though that commenting isn't always about what you want to add but rather what you also want to persue, like right now we are persuing your opinion. If you genuinly have nothing to say then I'd recommend posting your scum reads each day as a bottom line of contribution.

hummerz5 wrote:

perhaps n1kf could be seer which actually has day-investigation? otherwise he wouldn't have known to go after devlin before n1 anyhow.

I'd argue that it is just as likely that N1KF is scum and just trying to put pressure on me to get me lynched. I think he has made it clear that he thinks I am an inteligent player and as such he'd see my as a threat if he was scum. Do you know who else who thinks is an intelligent player? You. And have you noticed how he has been saying that you are a little scummy for seemingly no reason? You havn't done anything wrong so why he'd be trying to passively push the idea that you might be slightly scum makes no sense unless he is scared of you. That's exactly what I think he is doing with me but just on a more aggressive scale.

hummerz5 wrote:

well, I could go for a devlin lynch

May I ask why? I don't usually associate you as someone who votes based on nothing. If you genuinly have reason to believe I am scum though then I would love to here it because so far N1FK has failed to present an actually reason that makes me worthy of a lynch.

jkdrip wrote:

All these scumreads are nice and all, but we have to consider lynching those that don't vote, since if town is left with non-voters it's an easy win for mafia. For this reason, and since Slabdrill seems to have returned, my top lynch candidate today would have to be Anatoly.

I have to agree with the whole lynching people who don't vote thing here. If the people who are left alive arn't voting, then each day will result in a mislynch.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#28 2017-10-20 19:18:16

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Zumza wrote:

If AnatolyEE is banned for 3 days he has to be replaced

Exactly.

If I am not mistaken someone has just signed up as a backup. Instead of lynching Anatoly, why not give the new player a chance?

Also N1KF you have changed your vote from me to Marten to Anatoly; what's going on? Why are you being so quick and frantic to vote?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (3)

#29 2017-10-20 20:47:06

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

N1KF wrote:

Or it could just be that we're both townies and you happened to make a few mistakes. I know I've been suspicious of you but I've yet to definitively suggest you're scum. I'm open to evidence that you're innocent.

This almost sounds as if you are backpedalling.

N1KF wrote:

If I were scum there would be quite a few other users that would be easier to target. Nobody even considered you might be scum until I pointed it out.

Yes but the point is you view me as a more valuable target as you have mentioned many times. As a result, it would be pointless getting others killed if it is me specifically that you see as a threat. Also, do you know why no one thought I was scum until you pointed it out? It's because nothing was scummy about me. All my posts were made with intent to help the town and not a single one could have been argued that the intention was to inhibit it. But now, my attention has to be a little more focused on defending myself due to this pointless are poor founded argument you have put against me.

N1KF wrote:

I decided Marten was taking too long to post. Then people gave good explanations as to how Anatoly wasn't helping the town, so I thought that I may as well vote for him instead.

How about then, instead of throwing your vote around, you give yourself some time to think and hear others points of view before you go on the offensive?

N1KF wrote:

Whether or not I'm innocent, my role and interactions alone would probably be strong evidence towards the identity of the werewolves since I've meaningfully interacted with nearly every player.

Lol, no you haven't. You've had no way of interacting with the lurkers enough for us to draw any conclusions about your relationship with them. And just because you've said a few nice things and a few bad things about people it doesn't mean you are on their side or against them. It's common for scum to vote for each other or heavily defend a random townie because it makes us think they are not associated with the people we think they are. As a result, many scum would be more trusted and an innocent townie could be wrongfully lynched. The only repercussions of you being or not being innocent is whether or not after you die, I am the next one to be lynched. I highly doubt anyone connects dots between you and any other player here besides myself.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#30 2017-10-20 22:06:36

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

N1KF wrote:

I'm pretty sure my vote is still on Alek5andar.

Oh yeah sure, lynch the new guy. How nice.

And yes, it would be nice to hear Marten and Onjit say more though I think there is more pressure on marten since he didn't vote during day 1.

Also @Slabdrill you never actually gave proper scum reads, only your brief thoughts on the most present situation.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#31 2017-10-20 22:25:43

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Here are my scum reads as of right now btw. They are not in a conveniently helpful order though :3

Zumza - I'm currently thinking town but I can't really tell since they are not posting enough.
HeyNK - Can't really tell. Hasn't said anything since the start of day 2. I'd still be willing to lynch since I don't see them as too valuable to the town based on their actions day 1.
Emalton - As dead as a door nail. Mind! I don't mean to say that I know, of my own knowledge, what there is particularly dead about a door-nail. I might have been inclined, myself, to regard a coffin-nail as the deadest piece of ironmongery in the trade. But the wisdom of our ancestors is in the simile; and my unhallowed hands shall not disturb it, or the Country's done for. You will therefore permit me to repeat, emphatically, that Emalton is as dead as a door-nail.
Slabdrill - Lurking. They still haven't given proper scum reads despite being asked to so I'm slightly suspicious of that. I'm still willing to lynch Slabdrill and leaning slightly scummy.
MartenM - Also lurking and doesn't seem to vote too much either. There's nothing too suspicious about them other than that though. However, if we want to lynch someone to attempt to eliminate a scum without risking losing much, marten is our default to turn to.
Alek5andar - I want to see them speak first before we judge them. I don't think Anatoly's actions were suspicious or scummy as I believe he just really didn't actually want to play and hence he acted the way he did.
jkdrip - Town. I trust jkdrip the most here due to their actions being strongly of town intent and finding that I agree with a lot of what he is saying. I just hope that it doesn't turn out he's been manipulating this trust (which I doubt he is).
Onjit - I also think they are town. Whilst they have not said much, what little they have said has seemed for the benefit of the town. I would like to see them post more but for now, I trust them.
N1KF - I am the most suspicious of you based on your suspicion of me. I'm willing to let this slide for now and hopefully, we can settle our differences by tomorrow. I also find that some of your opinions differ from the majority but I suppose it's healthy for the town to have a bit of diversity.
hummerz5 - I also trust them. I see them as town as not a single thing they have done has been towards anything but helping the town.

Devlin - Come to think of it I don't actually trust this guy. I get the feeling they are impersonating mutantdevle.

MatthijsFidder - I get the sense that blod will be spilt if people keep forgetting to bold their votes.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#32 2017-10-20 22:38:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

N1KF wrote:
Devlin wrote:

But the wisdom of our ancestors is in the simile; and my unhallowed hands shall not disturb it, or the Country's done for.

IMPROPER USAGE OF A SEMICOLON

BLAME DICKENS NOT ME.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#33 2017-10-20 22:45:04

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I'm not sure if you got the joke but the whole Emalton is dead message is taken from one of the first lines in the novel "A Christmas carol" by Charles Dickens where he explains the character Marley is dead to begin with. Not sure if you were getting that or it your above post was also a joke but explaining it just in case.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#34 2017-10-21 08:30:56

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I don’t have time to reply to too much right now and I won’t for about 8 hours or so hours.

But just saying, HeyNK, you were so adamant that we should be lynching lurkers on day 1 because you view that as the way scum win. Now all of a sudden Jkdrip is saying we should be lynching lurkers because it’s more practical in the long run, you’re defending the lurkers...

What changed?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#35 2017-10-21 18:03:43

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

N1KF wrote:

Somehow this game went from "one post every few minutes" to "one post every hour" instantly.

Well duh, you have to factor in time zones and how a lot of people are busy during the day. You don't exactly see Onjit complaining that no one is posting when he is online.

HeyNK wrote:

Not voting me because I'm scum, but because I'm annoying

On a day when you have no clue who is scum and scum hunting almost always doesn't work, lynching for that reason is perfectly valid to me.

HeyNK wrote:

Still think its a good move to lynch onjit today tho since he has no town motivation going for him, I want him dead 100% before LYLO.

You seem pretty confident that Onjit is scum. Like beyond any doubt kind of confidence. Mind explaining why you feel so strongly this way?

HeyNK wrote:

maybe scum will shoot devlin

I certainly hope not. If I do die, then I will personally blame you because either you would have given them the idea or it was your choice to do so :3

HeyNK wrote:

Why do you suspect jkdrip?

Yeah let me explain that, dude: his push on me d1 was forced,

Was my vote forced also? You seem to criticise both Onjit and jkdrip for voting for you but no one else from me onwards? In my opinion, I think that if Onjit did not start that wagon then jkdrip would have done. His vote was not forced.

HeyNK wrote:

looks like I'll be achieving conftown status shortly.

Lol, you're really not. If anything your last few posts have made me more suspicious of you. A lack of posts doesn't mean no one has anything to say against your points, it just means no one is online at that time.

jkdrip wrote:

It might also be a tad skewed because bloody half the folk playing are lurking.

I disagree with this. Some players are not lurking they just generally aren't as vocal. I don't actually think anyone is currently staying quiet on purpose. They just either feel like they have nothing to add or just aren't active enough. Though I do agree that these people should be considered as lynch targets because the higher the active voting to non-voting ratio we have, the better the town has of actually getting lynches in.

N1KF wrote:

Like some one (hummerz? Devlin? I forgot) said, it's because that townsfolk don't want to deal with that.

It's cute that you associate me and hummerz together, almost as if we are the same threat person to you.

N1KF wrote:

Like I said earlier, I wasn't being that aggressive.

You kinda were.

@Slabdrill thanks for giving your scum reads. As I said, if you have nothing else to add, just do one of those once every mafia day.

Zumza wrote:

In the game of Mafia I believe that intuition is more often better than logic.

From my experience, intuition leads to almost being right but just missing the mark. It isn't a simple case of using logic or intuition but rather both at once. If your intuition says something and you find logic to back it up then you know you're on to something.

N1KF wrote:

I doubt a werewolf would be that clumsy so I'm getting hunter vibes

Are you seriously suggesting that jkdrip is the hunter and would kill Emalton for not putting his vote in bold...?

Zumza wrote:

You're overreading things now.

I agree with this @N1KF. I think that may be the reason you were so quick to attack me. You want to be the person to find scum and as a result you see scum in everybody.

Zumza wrote:

Yes, and I think it has no connection with the question asked.

I think Matt was more saying not to quote him, as in don't click the quote button on his forum posts...

Just sayin', what's with these Kirbys being so hectic?

Also can someone please explain to me why hummerz and Onjit are looking so scummy? Multiple people have mentioned them both in passing and as vote candidates. I just don't see how they have done anything remotely scummy and I'm getting strong town vibes from them, especially hummerz. I wouldn't want to inhibit the town by adamantly defending either of them if everyone else sees scum in them, so a proper explanation on them would be appreciated.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#36 2017-10-21 18:27:45

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

@jkdrip I made a list with most scummy at the top and least scummy at the bottom based on your list. I also applied 2 points to the first part and 1 point to the maybe.

I also factored in that I am also willing to vote for HeyNK but not at all Zumza.

- Most likely to be lynched -
MartenM: 10 points.
Onjit: 7 points.
N1KF / HeyNK: 6 points.
Devlin / Slabdrill / Zumza: 5 points.
Alek / hummerz: 4 points.
jkdrip: 2 points.
- Least likely to be lynched -

Lol congratz jkdrip, you are the most trusted person here! Also, Alek is much lower than I expected. Marten and Onjit actually seem like our most likely lynch targets right now with the 2 Kirbys close behind.

Based on that, I'd also be willing to lynch Onjit if the rest of the town genuinely thinks he is scum. (So I guess that makes Onjits points at 9, only 1 behind Marten).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#37 2017-10-21 19:39:40

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

N1KF wrote:

Comments like these make me wonder why people aren't more concerned about you.

What, that I make petty snarky comments regarding you as scum in response to your aggression towards me?

N1KF wrote:

You asked Zumza a question. You vote for Zumza less than three hours later for not responding to your question. Pretty aggressive if you ask me. Then you backpedal Day 2 thinking Zumza is town.

You say the 3 hours later part as though that was even a factor in the vote. Me placing the pressure vote on Zumza had nothing to do with the amount of time I was giving him to reply to the question but rather that he posted during that time without answering it. I stopped being aggressive towards Zumza because what little suspicion I had has since died. The vote was never placed with the intent to start a wagon, why is it taking you so long to understand that even though I have clarified my vote several times.

N1KF wrote:

Interestingly you aren't as aggressive towards HeyNK. You have yet to explain why you were more aggressive towards Day 1 Zumza than Day 2 Zumza or HeyNK.

I've answered it about Zumza multiple times. And in case you haven't noticed, I still think HeyNK is a good candidate for a lynch. Re-read all the stuff I said about HeyNK in post #179. I have clearly called him out on his foolery several times in that post. Pay specific attention to where I criticise "the Kirbys". That means you (N1KF) and HeyNK. I'm fairly certain that makes it clear that HeyNK would be the next person I'd lynch after you if it was solely my choice. So either you are again twisting what I am saying to give a false impression of me or you just generally fail to interpret what I say.

N1KF wrote:

You openly ponder why Emalton was killed, almost as if to bring the attention off yourself. If I recall correctly, you were the only user to do this.

You recall very incorrectly my friend. I have only made 1 post where I myself question what caused Emalton's death. The other post about his death was in response to your illogical questioning that Zumza is the hunter and wasted his kill on bold text. If anything, you are the one who has brought up Emalton the most.

N1KF wrote:

You easily got provoked by my concerns that you might be scum. I think townsfolk would be more confident than that.

I was not taking you too seriously until the start of day 2. At that point, you had pointed my finger enough times that I felt the need to address your concerns about me properly. You seem to think that people are just going to ignore you when you make accusations that you apparently aren't even serious about. So I suggest you stop making half the town look scummy by making up wild theories about them. It really isn't helping.

N1KF wrote:

I've said stuff like "you look scummy" and "this would be a good thing for a werewolf to do" but I've yet to say anybody's definitively or clearly a werewolf.

That does not matter. Simply implying someone is scum is enough to show your opinion on them. You don't have to say something specific to mean something specific.

Zumza wrote:

In my opinion it would be fait to pause the game until he's unbanned / Alek5andar replies.

I'd be up for that if anyone else is. I'm fairly certain many people felt this game started too soon anyway. Doing this would not only give them a fair chance to play without persecution but also reduce the chance we screw up if lynching them turns out to be a bad idea. A fault with lynching them is that it is reasonable to do so. As such it would be almost impossible to gain any information from who voted for him as it would be a good idea for both townie and scum to do so.

Let's be honest here, Anatoly may not be the most experienced and rule-abiding mafia player, but he is definitely active if the rest of the forums has anything to say so I am sure he would be fairly active here too. We also have no idea what Alek is like so for all we know he could be a genius mastermind mafia player and lead us to lynch 1 scum every day. Whether or not we pause for the game for this I'm not really too fussed. But it would still be nice to do so. If we do pause, it should happen at the end of day 2 as to not kill the flow of the day.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#38 2017-10-21 22:25:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Matt what do you mean by “no chances this time”? Do you mean no changes? If not then I am very confused.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#39 2017-10-21 22:49:55

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Also why is marten staying quiet? He has literally been threatened with a mod kill and still isn’t talking. Regardless of his faction now is the time to speak. But his continuous silence is doing him no favours and he is slowly rising in scumminess for me.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#40 2017-10-21 23:53:24

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

HeyNK, instead of us taking a chill pill, can you feed us a pill that lets us know why you think Onjit is scum?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#41 2017-10-22 09:35:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

We don’t need to vote for marten, I’m pretty sure he gets mod killed in 1 hour if he doesn’t / hasn’t replied to the prod. So I guess we’ll know his role shortly. Here’s hoping it’s not a power role!

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#42 2017-10-22 09:41:40

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Welp thanks for **** over the game matt.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#43 2017-10-22 09:51:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I don’t think you understand that you actually have to mod kill me now. I saw who the mafia were on his role card. If you don’t mod kill me, then it would be assumed it doesn’t matter that I saw because I already knew.

Whether you mod kill me or not, I can no longer play. I don’t think anyone else saw so I guess that the game can continue. But for me, it’s over. GG.

Good luck everyone. I’m no longer going to post in the thread until the game is over.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#44 2017-10-29 12:13:20

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I think we can all agree that was the best game ever.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#45 2017-10-29 13:24:11

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Zumza wrote:

So I was right by believing N1KF and Devlin are on the same team, but I couldn't see they're the mafia.
I think you guys deserve the prize for the best mafia team, honestly.

I don't know if you read the scum chat but we did have an elaborate plan that had the ultimate goal of having one of us seize control of the town as the seer. It would have been such an amazing tactic if we pulled it off and didn't get mod killed :3 But since hummerz was the seer that probably would have created some problems with the plan not to mention we would have probably shot him regardless of whether I had to stop playing or not since we didn't actually think he was the seer.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#46 2017-10-29 14:55:25

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

jkdrip wrote:
MatthijsFidder wrote:
Hidden text

Due to the way my rolecard was worded, I spent the entire game thinking that my heal potion was to revive a dead player, rather than act as a 1-use doctor heal as it was intended. I was only corrected after trying to revive Onjit and asking questions. I was only told that humz was killed "tonight" (which at the time was the night before) so I couldn't revive him.

Just wanted to add 1 more complaint to the jar.

Tbh any normal host would have corrected you via PM when you mentioned being a retributionist in the thread.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#47 2017-10-29 15:00:54

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Personally, I don't consider it a win for scum. It was too easy for us to win as HeyNK pointed out in the dead chat.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:
Harmonious1509303505681734

Board footer