Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-17 14:51:01, last edited by RailMat (2017-10-29 12:02:54)

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

Mafia 16 [TIE]

Welcome to Mafia 16.

Rules
1. All forum rules apply, however multi-posting rules are more lenient. So long as your posts are relevant to the game it shouldn't be an issue.
2. Do not post in this thread unless you are alive in the game. All posts made by dead players and people not in the game will be deleted.
3. You may not edit or delete your posts. This function will be disabled in this game.
4. If you stay inactive too long or not contributing to discussion , you will be prodded for inactivity and replaced if you don't respond to the prod within 24 hours.
5. Do not quote, copy paste, or screenshot any message sent by the game moderator for any reason. Paraphrasing is allowed, such as saying what your role is or does, but don't copy paste an entire role pm word for word.
6. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is defined as actively working against your role/faction's win condition, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.
7. As soon as a majority is reached, it counts as the day being over. The moderator may not be there to lock the thread immediately so do not post after majority is reached.
8. You may not talk about the game with living players through any means other than the game thread and Mafia night chat. No exceptions.
9. Remember that this is just a game. If I see any form of harassment that may warrant a replacement or modkill.
10. If any player breaks any of these rules please private message me on the forums and I will deal with it. Do not use the forums report feature to report someone breaking one of the game rules unless they are also breaking a forum rule.
11. The moderator's word is final. If I say not to do something it means don't do it. If you have an issue then it's best to save until the end of the game as to not interfere with the game.

#2 2017-10-17 23:39:30

hummerz5

Re: Mafia 16 [TIE]

this is so strange not having factions to deal with

and there are people talking for once. but not very loudly.

I've got nothing at the moment except gl hf I guess

#3 2017-10-18 14:59:49

hummerz5

Onjit wrote:

!vote HeyNK

I'll take back my vote when he climbs out of his ****

pretty much this tho

and yeah we don't know a whole lot because it's d1 but a town lynch is always better than a mafia night kill because there's the damned chance that we get things right whereas mafia isn't going to kill themselves

I really don't like heynk but can I really vote for him based on his disagreeable behavior? eh

#4 2017-10-18 16:54:23

hummerz5

I don't think you flipping town helps anything because you can't know anything to begin with

no offense but no one does except maf and PRs

Wooted by:

#5 2017-10-19 13:58:13

hummerz5

honestly I'm not feeling one way or the other on this. I could vote HeyNK but zumza has a slight point in favor of leaving him around. If the vigilante claim is false then all the real vig has to do is not kill while we expect heynk to actually kill. Assuming the mafia doesn't have a roleblocker we could clear him in the night. Unless he dies I guess.

but I don't see us wagoning on anyone else with such short notice...

#6 2017-10-19 14:14:45

hummerz5

oh my misunderstanding

!vote henynk

#7 2017-10-19 14:54:56

hummerz5

HeyNK: Onjit, jkdrip, devlin, hummerz5, emalton
hummerz5: HeyNK
AnatolyEE: AnatolyEE
Zumza: Devlin
devlin: n1kf

??? no?

#8 2017-10-20 14:42:34

hummerz5

MatthijsFidder wrote:

And remind you. The commands must in blod. If not you are not in the votecount.

commands must be in blood.

also I'm not feeling the heynk bandwagon anymore. Emalton did like zero things yesterday so I guess I would've mistook him as werewolf.

right now, not a huge fan of slabdrill, kinda like what n1kf was saying with the folks who don't talk much.

I note if nothing else that n1kf and devlin did some distancing I guess. Is it LEGIT? Or a RUSE? :o

#9 2017-10-20 16:14:09

hummerz5

very interesting. n1kf continues pushing on devlin when there's so little to go on lol. perhaps n1kf could be seer which actually has day-investigation? otherwise he wouldn't have known to go after devlin before n1 anyhow. just about every post pushes the devlin agenda.

why tho

#10 2017-10-20 16:19:38

hummerz5

N1KF wrote:

Note: hummerz probably isn't a hunter since he thought vigilante was a role. Whoops?

yeah I suppose you've got me there. When I read "VT" from heynk and zumza's post which seemed to suggest two kills, I figured we were on the same page that he was VigilanTEE or something

#11 2017-10-20 16:49:31

hummerz5

I call you on it and you continue... well, I could go for a devlin lynch. I suppose if he flips maf/werewolf then you'd be pretty well cleared.

waiting on others' inputs

#12 2017-10-20 19:25:26

hummerz5

Devlin wrote:

I'd argue that it is just as likely that N1KF is scum and just trying to put pressure on me to get me lynched. I think he has made it clear that he thinks I am an inteligent player and as such he'd see my as a threat if he was scum. Do you know who else who thinks is an intelligent player? You. And have you noticed how he has been saying that you are a little scummy for seemingly no reason? You havn't done anything wrong so why he'd be trying to passively push the idea that you might be slightly scum makes no sense unless he is scared of you. That's exactly what I think he is doing with me but just on a more aggressive scale.

well I thought it interesting he started out saying I was kinda doing my usual thing which seems a pretty good way to not ruffle feathers. (maybe I'm just in shock from heynk lashing out :'( ) I am otherwise pretty unconcerned with his accusation as he didn't give it much weight I guess.

Devlin wrote:

May I ask why? I don't usually associate you as someone who votes based on nothing. If you genuinly have reason to believe I am scum though then I would love to here it because so far N1FK has failed to present an actually reason that makes me worthy of a lynch.

/
I could go for your lynch because I see the classic 1v1 setup. Two folks are getting pretty heated so you'd think (hope!) one of them is right. I should clarify then that I could go for either of your lynches. If our first choice came up wrong we'd do the other guy. Plus, if we're right on the first try, the other guy looks a little better. I feel this is more productive than going after a random quiet person.

Wooted by:

#13 2017-10-21 14:34:06

hummerz5

Slabdrill wrote:

I believe devlin more than n1kf, as n1kf started the aggression. Anyone openly persistently attacking someone for no reason is strange to me.

good point

jkdrip wrote:

hummerz5, biggest reason being that he suggested we go for the 1v1 N1KF and Devlin have going. My issue with this is that they both vote, and either one's behaviour makes sense from my point of view. I'd much rather lynch somebody that we know isn't a help to town (aka a non-voting lurker), whereas for all we know both N1KF and Devlin could be town.

ok

Onjit wrote:

As for who I think is scum, I'd say theres one of N1KF>Devlin>Hummus

agreed, though for obvious inductive reasons

jkdrip wrote:

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here. If I vote for something nobody agrees with, what's the point of that vote? I'm just making it harder to arrive at a lynch. AKA, what you're doing. There's better lurker options than Onjit.

well yes but hopefully we all follow our own nuances at the start and then coalesce as time runs out

Zumza wrote:

You seem willingly to start attacks towards everybody, perhaps checking for our reactions, but you're doing it often and you're quickly dropping it out.

you commend him for this. IIRC that's actually a common scum tell, going around and trying to divert attention anywhere possible

Zumza wrote:

hummerz5: I would’ve expected more from him

fair enough.

#14 2017-10-21 14:36:59

hummerz5

double post fail:
I'm concerned that zumza thinks it so likely that both n1kf and devlin are town. I understand it's a possibility that they're both townies but that is unlikely and certainly not something I'd take lightly

Wooted by:

#15 2017-10-21 17:07:20

hummerz5

jkdrip wrote:

Prod him, and if he doesn't respond in, say, 24 hours then modkill him.

well to be frank the prod is redundant. acknowledging the admission would be the essential prod. if it's been 24 hours then you're basically fulfilling that function already

we've been all over the map with the voting. can we narrow things down a little bit? granted, we have time, but...

Wooted by:

#16 2017-10-22 05:32:25

hummerz5

jkdrip wrote:

hummerz5 seems to be playing rather passive this game.

good point. I guess I'm not really all that excited to look in-depth at things this time around. And y'all are generating a lot of reading material.

I assure y'all I've been reading and the lot. There's just so much being yelled about that I can't be bothered to point out spots of hypocrisy or stretched logic. Like zumza was saying... a bit more intuition and less logic.

guys we're just about 32h left, let's consider reconciling a bit?

#17 2017-10-22 14:20:58

hummerz5

!vote n1kf

slabdrill could be a good one but this gent was pushing someone who is apparently claiming town so much that they wouldn't post, which seems pretty townish to me

#18 2017-10-22 17:01:56

hummerz5

while I'd regret a no-lynch more than a lynch, I am still much more suspicious of n1kf for his near-incessant pushing than I am Onjit for his quietness.

Therefore I will offer a vote for onjit if that's what we so desire to avoid another no-lynch but I will take time about it.

#19 2017-10-22 18:26:41

hummerz5

Zumza wrote:

We're 9, Devlin and AnatolyEE / Alek5andar can't really cast their vote & 2 of us are mafia. Therefore there are only 5 townies. To lynch Onjit we need 5 votes. So it'd be hard to reach majority unless we're united. If my read from D2 morning is correct: Onjit, Hummerz5 and MartenM formed a trio from the begging. I call for HeyNK and N1KF(which imo are the remaining 2 townies) to promise their votes & hummerz5 for his personal scum read(since he hasn't provided any until now).

you've already got my unwilling cooperation on that issue. So if you want to reach majority you just need one other person.

I don't know what you're getting at with D2 morning reads or why on earth you think I'm paired up with onjit and martenm but I'm certainly down to hear it. I suppose you might think that I have some idea of protecting onjit because we'd be in cahoots but that's not the case. I feel pretty strongly that he's not a threat. But, I also accept that A) there's a chance I'm wrong and B) if I'm wrong and we screw up, it'll at least screw up your theory that I'm defending him for bad purposes. So yes I can but it's poor judgment anyhow.

What sort of reads do you want? My expert review on each person? An ordering of people that may or may not come from random.org? I don't think I usually get indignant but there's something about your style of questioning, zumza. Dunno.

If you insist, I'll get around to it

#20 2017-10-22 20:07:30

hummerz5

Zumza wrote:

@hummerz5: As everyone here I might be as well wrong, and if your feelings are sincere I'm really sorry for making you feel indignant. But I also have to admit that this isn't a theory come out of the void. I need to assure somehow that my will is continued if Onjit's lynched and turns up to be mafia as I might be the next one murdered tonight. You've been protecting the lurkers, you also agreed with Onjint's decision to go after HeyNK, and generally you looked to be favouring lynching active players.

oh. well on that note, I guess you make good points. Again, I'll help with an onjit lynch if that's the choice remaining in 6-12 hours. It does make sense that general protection of lurkers is a poor practice. I still stand by my original point about the 1v1 though. In that case we'd at least have (1/2) chance instead of (3?/13) but I digress

Wooted by:

#21 2017-10-22 23:25:10

hummerz5

Onjit wrote:

Quick question, besides me, if you could kill one player, who would it be? Because I have a memey option if/when I get mislynched, but I'd rather use it on someone worthwhile.

are you sure that it applies to lynches

and do the others trust ya?

#22 2017-10-22 23:41:04

hummerz5

actually come to think of it

so if I don't vote onjit then I'm protecting him

but if I vote on onjit and he turns out to be town does that mean I'm a werewolf? rip

#23 2017-10-22 23:43:46

hummerz5

HeyNK wrote:

actually: shoot in {Alek5andar, N1KF, hummerz5}

ok A) wow thanks
B) anatoly should be returning at some point yeah? have they done something or

#24 2017-10-22 23:47:22

hummerz5

HeyNK wrote:

Not lynching onjit today would just mean he doesn't get to use his ability and dies tonight, while devlin continues to not play the game tomorrow. 1shot vig is pretty nice for town yeah?

pretty sure it was "hunter" so I'm not sure where you're going with that whole "1shot vig ... doesn't get to use his ability" thing.

HeyNK wrote:

and FFS stop claiming VT or else mafia are going to figure out the power roles by PoE.

assuming that the vanilla townies are legit and aren't actually PRs and that the unclaimed aren't the real VTs but now I'm just nitpicking at your quibbles lol

#25 2017-10-23 00:32:05

hummerz5

jkdrip wrote:

I'm confused. Has Onjit actually claimed a PR or is he just memeing?

pretty sure he's claiming hunter (

HeyNK wrote:

...so basically you're claiming hunter? shoot n1kf.

Harmonious1509303505681734

Board footer