Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-17 14:51:01, last edited by RailMat (2017-10-29 12:02:54)

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

Mafia 16 [TIE]

Welcome to Mafia 16.

Rules
1. All forum rules apply, however multi-posting rules are more lenient. So long as your posts are relevant to the game it shouldn't be an issue.
2. Do not post in this thread unless you are alive in the game. All posts made by dead players and people not in the game will be deleted.
3. You may not edit or delete your posts. This function will be disabled in this game.
4. If you stay inactive too long or not contributing to discussion , you will be prodded for inactivity and replaced if you don't respond to the prod within 24 hours.
5. Do not quote, copy paste, or screenshot any message sent by the game moderator for any reason. Paraphrasing is allowed, such as saying what your role is or does, but don't copy paste an entire role pm word for word.
6. Do not gamethrow. Gamethrowing is defined as actively working against your role/faction's win condition, and is dealt with on a case by case basis.
7. As soon as a majority is reached, it counts as the day being over. The moderator may not be there to lock the thread immediately so do not post after majority is reached.
8. You may not talk about the game with living players through any means other than the game thread and Mafia night chat. No exceptions.
9. Remember that this is just a game. If I see any form of harassment that may warrant a replacement or modkill.
10. If any player breaks any of these rules please private message me on the forums and I will deal with it. Do not use the forums report feature to report someone breaking one of the game rules unless they are also breaking a forum rule.
11. The moderator's word is final. If I say not to do something it means don't do it. If you have an issue then it's best to save until the end of the game as to not interfere with the game.

#2 2017-10-18 01:12:38

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Re: Mafia 16 [TIE]

!vote Zumza!
!vote HeyNK!
!vote Emalton!
!vote Slabdrill!
!vote MartenM!
!vote Devlin!
!vote AnatolyEE!
!vote jkdrip!
!vote Onjit!
!vote N1KF!
!vote hummerz5!

You get a noose! You get a noose! Everybody gets a noose!

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

#3 2017-10-18 03:08:11

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Um? You say NoLynch is antitown with no explanation and expect everyone to believe it? Then you give shoddy reasoning for lynching humz, especially when my post was a much bigger waste of time???

You ain't about to lead my town boi

Also d1 meta reeeee

#4 2017-10-18 10:48:08

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

!vote HeyNK

We can scum hunt when there's literally anything to go off of. Basic mafia theory tells me town is screwed if town lets a scum lead them, and right now I don't know what sure you are on. Also, the seer doesn't have to get lucky, confirming people as not suspicious is incredibly useful.

Didn't respond with a vote at first because it's d1 and I'm still in support of NoLynch, but I'll make an exception here //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

I never even said what you did was that suspicious, you just seem like you think you're a god at this game.

Also to clarify I only support d1 NoLynch. Why anyone would go through a whole game with no lynches is beyond me

#5 2017-10-18 11:25:22

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

The reason I support d1 NoLynch is because if we're going to random lynch, scum will influence the votes in such a way that it lands on town. After d1, since PRs might OPT to be quiet instead of having nothing to say, I'm more comfortable lynching.

You're right about Onjit, but HeyNK is acting cocky which is annoying

#6 2017-10-18 11:51:50

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

MartenM wrote:
jkdrip wrote:

scum will influence the votes in such a way that it lands on town.

Doesn't this always happen? The only thing we can hope for at day 2 is that the seer has some information.

It only happens with rando lynches like this. However, there is something simple I overlooked. We can just question the people that voted up the town lynch. Literally why has nobody pointed this out to me??

#7 2017-10-18 13:04:18

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

There's more factors on those days, however. Roles that people claim will either be provable or not provable. D1, nothing is provable.

It no longer matters anyways, I managed to convince myself that d1 lynches are good.

#8 2017-10-19 11:51:49

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Emalton, Marten, Anatoly, Slabdrill, and humz can all vote. I think Zumza is still banned so he's excused. Speaking of which, anyone know how long Zumza is banned for?

#9 2017-10-19 13:58:18

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

What's your take on all this, Emalton?

Idk why multiple people consider me town, moreso than others, but hey! I'll take it

#10 2017-10-19 14:52:27

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Iirc Matt specifically asked for bold commands, but regardless that should be the lynch.
Don't post

Wooted by:

#11 2017-10-19 14:59:15

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

N1KF changed his vote to HeyNK

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2017-10-20 15:09:59

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

I was actually up for a Slabdrill lynch yesterday, but by the time I noticed just how many posts (post) he had it was too late to switch the wagon. Even if he's town, it doesn't seem like he's contributing anything. I think it should be noted, however, that Emalton tried to hammer HeyNK, and now he is dead. Could this mean anything?

Not voting until either late tonight or tomorrow on the off-chance that a PR has info.

#13 2017-10-20 17:42:55

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

All these scumreads are nice and all, but we have to consider lynching those that don't vote, since if town is left with non-voters it's an easy win for mafia. For this reason, and since Slabdrill seems to have returned, my top lynch candidate today would have to be Anatoly.

#14 2017-10-20 17:58:43

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

What did Anatoly do? He voted for himself, that was about it. He has 3 posts total.

#15 2017-10-20 18:23:02

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Personally, I think that if Anatoly is town, he's the least helpful. While d1 NoLynch is debatable, d2 NoLynch is pretty antitown imo. He doesn't really seem like he'll be contributing his vote in a useful manner at all. He doesn't seem to be scumreading, his votes are useless, he wasn't posting much (can't post now), and if he didn't lie then all we lose is a vanilla townie. Sounds like a good lynch to me

How long is he banned?

Wooted by:

#16 2017-10-20 21:44:55

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Welcome, Alek. Please read through the 6 pages so far, and tell us what you think.
If you are confused on how to play this game, please ask questions.

As for the whole N1KF/Devlin thing, N1KF's reasoning seems mostly shoddy to me. HOWEVER, N1KF alluded to a power role, so I'll have to side with him.

Here's my scumreads, top being the most scummy. Keep in mind I look mainly at usefulness (aka voting/posting thoughts) and behaviour whilst scumhunting.

Hidden text

Hopefully Alek will be more pro-town than Anatoly. I guess I can put my vote somewhere now as well.

!vote MartenM

Wooted by:

#17 2017-10-21 04:15:24

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

"wagon this" Not until you're a CONFIRMED townie, sir, which you are not.

It seems the actives are caught between a N1KF, Devlin, or Marten lynch. I'm only comfortable with the Marten lynch. Nobody else has mentioned Onjit yet. The Emalton kill tells me that scum are newer players, heightening the Marten scumness.

#18 2017-10-21 04:44:36

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Yeah let me explain that, dude: his push on me d1 was forced,

Hardly. You were being and are currently being cocky. Want to come off as not cocky? Stop trying to lead town when you're not confirmed. I, like all other sane people, get annoyed by condescending and arrogant folk. In any case, it was a d1 lynch. Are you really trying to make a case against me for you being a ****?

All these scumreads are nice and all, but we have to consider lynching those that don't vote, since if town is left with non-voters it's an easy win for mafia. For this reason, and since Slabdrill seems to have returned, my top lynch candidate today would have to be Anatoly.

This is a horrible post "Lets kill lurkers instead of scumhunting, guys"

The math here is easy. Kill active townies, only inactive non-voting townies are left and scum won't get lynched. Kill inactive townies, the active folk will continue to lynch.

He also does the thing where he ironically puts himself on the top of his scumlist - that comes from scum more often then town, even the defense is always "it was just ironic bro, you trying to push on me for weak reasoning?? ur scum!" His top scumreads are lurkers. He is actively NOT playing the game in that sense -- advocating for lurker lynches instead of scummy ppl, and while he notes onjit's bad post, he puts him quite high on the list in the town direction?? possible partners, even. Nice.

Putting myself at the top of my own list is hardly an argument. If you can't take a joke, so be it. I've already explained my thoughts on targetting lurkers. I put Onjit in the town direction because I can explain his few actions from my perspective. It might also be a tad skewed because bloody half the folk playing are lurking.

Furthermore doing the thing where he reads everyone as scummy to allow him to vote for anyone he wants/whoever it's convenient, instead of working with the tool of PoE by finding townreads AKA what town does to help solve the game.

Maybe if people wouldn't LURK all the time so many people wouldn't be SCUMMY.

#19 2017-10-21 04:54:10

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

It seems the actives are caught between a N1KF, Devlin, or Marten lynch. I'm only comfortable with the Marten lynch. Nobody else has mentioned Onjit yet. The Emalton kill tells me that scum are newer players, heightening the Marten scumness.

Are you seriously citing what everybody else is thinking as a valid reason to lynch in that pool when it's a known fact that scum are in the game and yes, they are lying? You do realize it's scum's job to be concerned about "what town is currently thinking", right?

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here. If I vote for something nobody agrees with, what's the point of that vote? I'm just making it harder to arrive at a lynch. AKA, what you're doing. There's better lurker options than Onjit.

#20 2017-10-21 05:25:28

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Slabdrill you forgot Anatoly/Alek5ander

I believe that to be a genuine mistake but since you're willing could you say what you think of them?

Also I'm not entirely sure Alek knows he's playing

#21 2017-10-21 14:59:39

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Still not sure Alek knows he's playing. Matt, did you ever get a response from him?

#22 2017-10-21 15:54:52

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

MatthijsFidder wrote:
jkdrip wrote:

Still not sure Alek knows he's playing. Matt, did you ever get a response from him?

I had sended a PM to him.

Has he replied to said PM?

#23 2017-10-21 16:13:00

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

This guy has 5 posts and it seems rather likely to me he wouldn't check his PMs, on the basis that he's so new.

Alek's last post: Yesterday 10:29:47

When you announced that Alek replaced Anatoly: Yesterday 14:30:27

He doesn't **** know. We're playing with a ghost.

#24 2017-10-21 16:14:43

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Prod him, and if he doesn't respond in, say, 24 hours then modkill him.

#25 2017-10-21 18:05:00

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Compiling a list of who is willing to vote for who, based on isolated posts. Obviously I'll probably get some of it wrong since I'm no psychic, so take this with a grain of salt.

Hidden text

Based on this list, here's the frequency of every name (order is as they appear in the top of this post for my personal convenience to make making this easier):

Hidden text

MATT: RULE 5 REFERS TO PRIVATE MESSAGES AND THREADS. PUBLIC INFORMATION IS GENERALLY QUOTABLE.

Harmonious1509303505681734

Board footer