Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-10-08 13:50:24

Anatoly

Do Mods even listen? Lazy?

3 Reports for one topic to close. Are they lazy? What's their problem? That topic is clearly about me. Please lock 4th time saying.

Wooted by:

#2 2017-10-08 13:51:27, last edited by BuzzerBee (2017-10-08 21:57:12)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Re: Do Mods even listen? Lazy?

It's not your decision to make.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#3 2017-10-08 14:09:29

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

It doesn't mean that you requested it that it'll be done immediately.

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

Wooted by:

#4 2017-10-08 14:29:38

Luka504

You do realize that merely reporting something a bunch of times isn't merit enough to get a topic auto-locked?

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#5 2017-10-08 15:54:45, last edited by LukeM (2017-10-08 15:58:21)

LukeM
Website

They probably are listening, just dont think it should be locked...

You could always just not use their graphics and then it will probably sink to the bottom anyway as there wouldnt really be anything left to discuss

...unless the only reason you want it closed is so people will forget about it and you can steal their graphics, in which case theres probably a law somewhere preventing them from closing it as that would be helping you commit a crime //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by:

#6 2017-10-08 17:48:40

Different55
Forum Admin

We don't believe it should be locked, so we have not locked it. Don't report anything more than once, all you're doing is wasting our time and we don't particularly like that.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#7 2017-10-08 20:31:09

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Different55 wrote:

We don't believe it should be locked, so we have not locked it. Don't report anything more than once, all you're doing is wasting our time and we don't particularly like that.

I gave one of the reports on that topic. I think we should have a rule against creating topics that are basically "user exposed!" (perhaps with exceptions to Staff members of both the game and forum, so people don't accuse them of censoring free speech). And I don't want them locked; I want them deleted or hidden. They actively decrease the quality of the forum by being visible. They basically tell other people "hey, this is ok" which isn't ok. We don't need that garbage on the forum. Stuff like this has gotten onto the forum for years. You moderators need to make clear that this is not acceptable.

Please do something about this. I want to see this forum be a good place to be, not a dumping ground for mudslinging. It's a shame that people get away with this sort of stuff.

#8 2017-10-08 21:54:52

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

@N1KF
We don’t tolerate users attacking or flaming one another, but “exposing” users is much different. People need to be accountable for their actions, and the forums are sometimes a space to hold other members accountable. I’m not saying this should be done often, as usually it will end up in a topic that’s really not worth anyone’s time. But in Anatoly/Ernesdo’s case, it sparked a lot of discussion which is what the forums are all about. What we do not tolerate is maliciousness in these topics. Zyhrllo’s said some rude things about Anatoly in the topic and he was warned (and consequently banned) for it.

If we didn’t allow controversial topics, then the debate subforum wouldn’t exist.

If we didn’t allow some drama to be stirred up every now and then, these forums would be dry and have no life whatsoever.

Those are just my two cents. Feel free to make a rebuttal.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

Wooted by: (4)

#9 2017-10-08 22:14:40

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

BuzzerBee wrote:

We don’t tolerate users attacking or flaming one another, but “exposing” users is much different. People need to be accountable for their actions, and the forums are sometimes a space to hold other members accountable.

Perhaps you're right, but sometimes people here can't tell the difference between "this person did some things I disapprove of" and "this person deserves to be mocked and insulted." Anatoly is one of the biggest targets for insults on this forum, and whenever I see one of these targets...targeted, I can't help but feel like it's just making things worse.

Zyhrllo could have done other things, like blanking out the username, but he made it public and spelled out Anatoly's name right there in the topic title. In the future, even if Anatoly doesn't steal graphics anymore (assuming that what Zyhrllo wrote was correct), that one topic will create a stain on his reputation that won't go away for a long time. There's no reason to write "Anatoly" in the title except to make people like him less. Either that, or it was just clumsy thinking.

If we didn’t allow some drama to be stirred up every now and then, these forums would be dry and have no life whatsoever.

I'm fine with some drama. The subject itself isn't what I was upset with—it's the fact that it's clearly calling out another user and further dividing the community. And it's not just a single post; it's a whole topic dedicated to it.

Wooted by:

#10 2017-10-08 22:41:33

Kira

N1KF wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

We don’t tolerate users attacking or flaming one another, but “exposing” users is much different. People need to be accountable for their actions, and the forums are sometimes a space to hold other members accountable.

Perhaps you're right, but sometimes people here can't tell the difference between "this person did some things I disapprove of" and "this person deserves to be mocked and insulted." Anatoly is one of the biggest targets for insults on this forum, and whenever I see one of these targets...targeted, I can't help but feel like it's just making things worse.

Zyhrllo could have done other things, like blanking out the username, but he made it public and spelled out Anatoly's name right there in the topic title. In the future, even if Anatoly doesn't steal graphics anymore (assuming that what Zyhrllo wrote was correct), that one topic will create a stain on his reputation that won't go away for a long time. There's no reason to write "Anatoly" in the title except to make people like him less. Either that, or it was just clumsy thinking.

I'm fine with some drama. The subject itself isn't what I was upset with—it's the fact that it's clearly calling out another user and further dividing the community. And it's not just a single post; it's a whole topic dedicated to it.

tldr ur a nerd

#11 2017-10-08 23:01:10

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Kira wrote:

tldr ur a nerd

Pretty much, yeah.

#12 2017-10-08 23:56:04

soniiiety

wow in this thread the mods are exposed AGAIN! XD i already mods were like this its very bad and idk if they are lazzy or not but i do know they should fix this problem idk if it's because of zoey, idk if if they are ignorent , zoey might of ruined mods idk because she doesnt forgive an never talks to me plus she was on ee with the mods talking to them alot of times

Wooted by:

#13 2017-10-09 02:12:07

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

soniiiety wrote:

i already mods were like this its very bad and idk if they are lazzy or not but i do know they should fix this problem

I don't think so. I think they just sort of go with the flow. Except hummerz and Zoey and particular , who seem to be doing their own thing which I appreciate. I think they all want the best for the community and I appreciate that!

idk if it's because of zoey, idk if if they are ignorent , zoey might of ruined mods idk because she doesnt forgive an never talks to me plus she was on ee with the mods talking to them alot of times

How is Zoey relevant? I don't like how you're so quick to suggest that she's somehow behind this.

I'm disappointed that you think so lowly of the forum staff.

Wooted by:

#14 2017-10-09 04:51:12

soniiiety

N1KF wrote:
soniiiety wrote:

i already mods were like this its very bad and idk if they are lazzy or not but i do know they should fix this problem

I don't think so. I think they just sort of go with the flow. Except hummerz and Zoey and particular , who seem to be doing their own thing which I appreciate. I think they all want the best for the community and I appreciate that!

idk if it's because of zoey, idk if if they are ignorent , zoey might of ruined mods idk because she doesnt forgive an never talks to me plus she was on ee with the mods talking to them alot of times

How is Zoey relevant? I don't like how you're so quick to suggest that she's somehow behind this.

I'm disappointed that you think so lowly of the forum staff.

well i do have a thread where mr jawpa and others who was attacking or something it on ee real server remake and kid friendly  and you may be right but maybe they don't like imature idk or if its because there is no owner for game and forums or something else?

#15 2017-10-10 11:59:47, last edited by Anatoly (2017-10-10 12:03:50)

Anatoly

N1KF wrote:

[…]

[…]

And here comes the point. Remove Debates. I don’t want people o dis uss that. It’s only a problem between me and, the one, who’s name is not allowed to be spelled ugly. Anyway. I create a topic about Ern, it was locked, however, when I ask the staff to lock that topic:

Different55 wrote:

I’d suggest we fire Diff. Diff in last time doesn’t care about people. They don’t “believe”, and that’s the reason why they don’t lock a topic, which is clearly about me. PS. Wait a minute you’ll get something:

zyhrllos (in PM) wrote:

if you follow through with this i'd be more than happy to provide a cease and desist letter

if you don't follow the letter i'll be more than happy to provide a lawsuit

That in Bold is what i’d Like to announce public. In both variations, I am the evil one. And he, of course is a god.

=> Lock that **** topic finally, Ern. posted it out of hate, not because if anything else.

#16 2017-10-10 15:10:06, last edited by LukeM (2017-10-10 15:10:28)

LukeM
Website

AnatolyEE wrote:

They don’t “believe”, and that’s the reason why they don’t lock a topic, which is clearly about me.

There isnt a rule saying no topics about people, just no attacking people, and that topic definately isnt an attack on you, its a defence of what is theirs.

AnatolyEE wrote:

Ern. posted it out of hate, not because if anything else.

Just no...

I'm pretty sure they posted it because they dont want their graphics stolen, and would have done it no matter who it was taking the graphics.
It would be different if you said 'Ok, I wont use them' in a later message, and he posted anyway, but the goal of that topic is to stop people from taking what other people have made.

Wooted by: (3)

#17 2017-10-10 16:41:11

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

@Anatoly,

You kinda brought this upon yourself by asking for permission and then ignoring the "no", and you're only making it worse for yourself by saying things like "fire Diff". My advice is to stop posting about it and let the threads die. Take a break, smell the flowers and let it be; a person's reputation can always get worse, and that's no fun.

This community's great at hating on people. Perhaps it's because individual (negative) voices are heard more clearly when there's fewer voices in total; perhaps it's because there's less going on and so events like this evoke more interest, or perhaps a greater proportion of the people left are just nubs. ^^ I certainly haven't read many positive posts recently.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (3)

#18 2017-10-10 16:45:18, last edited by N1KF (2017-10-10 16:46:59)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

ninja'd by Tomahawk

Anatoly, I think you're causing a big part in this mess. Like a really big part. As in this is snowballing like downhill to the former drstereos/Mysterion levels of mess.

Let's check out your response:

AnatolyEE wrote:

It’s only a problem between me and, the one, who’s name is not allowed to be spelled ugly.

Okay I don't like this. I don't like drama and community splits in general. But here's the problem—you want "user exposed" silenced if it's against you, but not Zyhrllos. You made not one, but two topics about it. To put it bluntly, I think you're being hypocritical.

In both variations, I am the evil one. And he, of course is a god.

Even though I don't like how Zyhrllos responded, the victim card does not work when you're the one who caused this stuff. I'm not here to make any any judgments on whether or not you're right or wrong, but I think it's pretty clear that this was caused by your failure to communicate well. If you want things to end it can be done with a sincere apology, and I think many of us would be happy to see that.

Wooted by: (4)

#19 2017-10-14 15:28:11

Anatoly

Make zyhrlos (ernesdo) mooderator, he locked a topic that i want to lock.

#20 2017-10-14 15:33:42, last edited by LukeM (2017-10-14 15:34:02)

LukeM
Website

AnatolyEE wrote:

Make zyhrlos (ernesdo) mooderator, he locked a topic that i want to lock.

A bit hypocritical...

Also he locked it because the discussion is now finished, which it wasnt until he made the last post, so at the time you were spamming trying to get it locked, he probably wouldnt have wanted it locked //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by: (2)

#21 2017-10-14 15:35:20

Anatoly

He locked it, they didn't. It shows how primitive our moderators are.

#22 2017-10-14 16:32:31

LukeM
Website

AnatolyEE wrote:

He locked it, they didn't. It shows how primitive our moderators are.

Like I said, 1. The discussion wasn't finished then, so there was no reason for it to be locked, and 2. It's only the moderators job to lock it if it breaks the rules.

Wooted by: (2)
LukeM1507995151680197

Board footer