Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-28 21:00:27, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-09-28 21:08:38)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

How I got my username.

mutantdevle.png

I was 9 years old. It was a sunny day (I think, I don't actually go outside) and I was creating my very own Minecraft account. Previously I had shared a Minecraft account with my brother and sister but I was a big boy now and had my own email address and my dad was willing to buy me my very own Minecraft account. So there I was, trying to think of a name. I was nicknamed a "daredevil" at the time by my family because I was a badass and climbed **** all day and even climbed out my bedroom window 3 times (on the first floor) so I could have died but I didn't because I was the daredevil and I have no fears, deal with it.

Anyway, I try to set my username as "daredevle". It's taken. Damn. Then I try "cheekydevle" because I was also pretty cheeky at the time. I was 9. Don't judge. But that was also taken. Minecraft gives me suggestions of different usernames mainly consisting of what I entered with numbers on the end. Was I going to have a stupid username with random numbers on the end? Heck no. You think I was some kind of noob like maxi123? No, I was not. So I keep trying different variants with the word "devle" in it. This included but was not limited to "devledare", "reddevle", "monsterdevle" and "naughtydevle" (I wasn't actually a naughty person, I was quite well behaved, but it sounded cool). So there I was different variants but still wanting to include "devle". I was almost crying, everything was taken. Until eventually, I found it. "mutantdevle". It was not taken. I was so happy. I had finally found a good username. Something I considered an improvement to my previously mainly used username "Devlin10", (okay maybe I was a noob for a while).

So now I had my own username on Minecraft and things were going pretty well for me. I had my life sorted. Until, 1 year later, I tried multiplayer. I log onto a server. I start talking to people. It's fun. But then 1 **** says to me: "tHaT's NoT hOw U sPeLl DeViL!!!". And then they mock me for it. I don't like this guy and I don't trust him. So I go to my favourite browser: internet explorer (because I'm hip) and do a bing search (because I'm hip) to see how it's spelt. ****. I spelt it wrong. It's supposed to be "devil" and not "devle". But I can't change my username. And I already started using mutantdevle on Roblox and good game cafe and good game empire and good game disco. So I guess that's my official username now.

But I don't want to admit that I made a mistake. So I start to roleplay. I create the character "mutantdevle" for myself. I am from the nether. I am friends with the pigmen. I ride the ghasts. I swim in lava. The blaze are my friends. The wither is my god. And "a devle is a devil that was not born as a devil but has changed to become one in some way". I mutated to become a devil so hence my name. Okay backstory time: I was once human. I was just a child and abused by my foster father (not sexually he just hit me and stuff and called me stupid). My foster father was also a scientist and used me in experiments. One day he put me in a tub of acid and I starting dissolving and dying. But then the wither burst through a nether portal and saved me and mutated me into a devil to live in the nether with other devils. Backstory over.

So that's why the devle part of my name made sense. But that didn't work for Roblox so I created a new account called JhonMcfly. Yes, I incorrectly spelt "John" don't judge me. I just told people it was a different way to spell John. JhonMcfly was a sexy badass who killed people with a flying killer car that could phase through doors and windows. But that's another story. I didn't play any of the 'good game' games anymore so I didn't need to change anything there. And my name on EE was still Devlin. I don't know why it wasn't Devlin10 I guess I just felt like a rebel and didn't want the 10 anymore. Actually, it's because I only used Devlin10 because Devlin was always taken. But it wasn't taken on EE. I think that's the first sign that I would play this game and love it forever.

So then I kept using mutantdevle for every other thing I signed up for since then. After being a furry for a while I eventually grew the **** up, I stopped playing Minecraft and I no longer pretended to be a human that mutated into a devil through acid. I started playing different more popular games such as Team Fortress 2 and the binding of Isacc. I actually spent more time watching youtube than gaming. EE now allowed you to change your name for 50 gems. But that was too expensive so I waited for Black Friday and was able to afford the 25 gems. Then I changed it to mutntdevle (yes I forgot the 'a', seriously stop judging me). So then I asked really nicely and I was allowed to change my name again and was given 50 gems to do so. But I logged on to EE before checking the forums and thought I had randomly gained 50 gems and I spent them on 2 classic items. Then I checked the forums and realised my **** up. So I was stuck as mutntdevle for a little longer but then I thought "**** it" and just bought 50 gems with real money and changed my name to mutantdevle.

"BUT WHY DO YOU KEEP IT AS THAT, WHY DON'T YOU JUST CORRECT THE SPELLING?!!??!" I predict you ask. Well, "mutantdevle" isn't just a username for me anymore. It means something to me. First of all, it's a symbol of persistence when I was first creating it. I was determined to have "devle" in my name and wouldn't give up until I succeeded. Next, it lets me remember my childhood. My Minecraft and Roblox days were fun. My sister and I often played together and I didn't have to worry about real life things like my appearance, sexuality, relationships, education, friendships, politics, etc. It reminds me of those stress free times when I could just be a kid and enjoy life. Finally, it reminds me of my mistakes and my regrets. Those many MANY spelling mistakes I used to make (I'm now a pro level speller). How I used to make excuses for them. But I accept them now. It reflects my change. I have so many regrets as I have made so many mistakes (like that furry stuff was a really **** weird phase, I was a fox with devil horns and wings if you're wondering). But now I look back on my regrets and my mistakes and I accept I cannot change them. But I reflect on them and I learn from them. So "mutantdevle" isn't just a username for me. It's so much more than that. It has so much more meaning. "mutantdevle" is me. It's my history. It's what I enjoyed in the past and what I didn't. It's how I've changed. It's how I've grown as a person. And most of all, it's what I hope to be.

*About 90% of this is true.
**The abusive foster father was not an irl issue, just part of my fabricated back story.
***EE is now pretty much the only online game I play regularly.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#2 2017-09-28 21:14:11

Pingohits
Banned

Re: How I got my username.

that's cool

791mAP8.png

#3 2017-10-01 02:59:18

HeyNK

I like hey, and I like NK. That's my story *kiss

Wooted by:

#4 2017-10-01 05:01:38

Gosha

hi, my real name is Gosha

Wooted by:

#5 2017-10-01 07:22:27

Anatoly

Gosha wrote:

hi, my real name is Gosha

Proof it

Gosha will write:

Okay history of my username time:

#6 2017-10-01 14:22:42

Kirby

i played kirby in smash when usernames came out

Wooted by:

#7 2017-10-01 15:46:04

Pingohits
Banned

Kirby wrote:

i played kirby in smash when usernames came out

then why didn't you name yourself kirby dum dum head go back to the dum dum factory byee

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#8 2017-10-01 21:37:53

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Devlin wrote:

You think I was some kind of noob like maxi123?

wow im offended
at the same time feels good to be mentioned in your username story
but im still offended so your username sucks

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (2)

#9 2017-10-01 21:40:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

maxi123 wrote:
Devlin wrote:

You think I was some kind of noob like maxi123?

wow im offended
at the same time feels good to be mentioned in your username story
but im still offended so your username sucks

You were the first username I thought of that has numbers at the end of it :3

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#10 2017-10-01 21:57:48

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

ninja picked out a good username

suddenly random sig change

#11 2017-10-01 23:40:02

Latif

Okay history of my username time:

My first name

#12 2017-10-02 12:04:10

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

Young self was "drunk" at the time when I created my EE account, so it'll be a mystery on how I thought of it.

Vinyl Melody on the other hand, it's just a combination of two ponies' names.

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

Wooted by:

#13 2017-10-02 13:20:09

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

alright children time to tell you how I created my username "maxi123"
maxi was taken
end of story

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#14 2017-10-03 03:03:36, last edited by Abelysk (2017-10-03 03:08:33)

Abelysk

What about slabdrill's old usernane 123497274478382828

Also time for my username:

Abelysk is a play on Abelisk. Abelisk is the name of a rare enemy of one of my favorite Final Fantasy games, Final Fantasy 12. I remembered how cool the names sounded (Luxollid, Vishnu, Disma, Midgaardsormr, and 76 more names) so I looked for one that wasn't taken (for a game called Spiral Knights).

Abelisk, the name of a fish t-rex thing, wasn't taken. I loved the sound of it, it sounded cool and mystical.

Whenever I see my name, I'm reminded of one of my favorite games of all time. Reminds me of the amazing journey I had when I was young(er), how the world of FF12 engrossed me.

Wooted by:

#15 2017-10-03 03:18:54

Kirby

Abelysk wrote:

Abelysk is a play on Abelisk. Abelisk is the name of a rare enemy of one of my favorite Final Fantasy games, Final Fantasy 12. I remembered how cool the names sounded (Luxollid, Vishnu, Disma, Midgaardsormr, and 76 more names) so I looked for one that wasn't taken (for a game called Spiral Knights).

Abelisk, the name of a fish t-rex thing, wasn't taken. I loved the sound of it, it sounded cool and mystical.

Whenever I see my name, I'm reminded of one of my favorite games of all time. Reminds me of the amazing journey I had when I was young(er), how the world of FF12 engrossed me.

ok but what about itsmeandersonlol

#16 2017-10-03 04:05:58

italkalotfromee

My name in-game "Italkalot" came from where my dad would always tell me that I talk way too much and need to stop. Because as a kid i would always narrate my gameplay or tell a story off the top of my head about how i did something in the past. Or how something occurred in the game. I just talked way to much...

FluxBB bbcode test

Wooted by:

#17 2017-10-03 04:35:39

Abelysk

Kirby wrote:
Abelysk wrote:

ok but what about itsmeandersonlol

I remember the update in EE where we could make names. How awesome! We could finally identify players.

I, however, thought you would be able to change names later on. Unfortunately, I didn't wanna change my Kongregate account, so "Itsmeandersonlol" was stuck with me forever.

I made that name from "It's-a mee Mario!" to "It's me Anderson!" and being me and my derpy self added "lol" at the end of it.

Anderson was some completely random name that popped up, I have no idea why I thought of it. Maybe it was a teacher I had before... I still don't know.

Wooted by:

#18 2017-10-03 14:02:25

Harmonious
Formerly jkdrip

Oh so this is where you posted this once you realized there was a character limit on Discord

Also you spelled Devlin wrong. It's spelled "Laaaaame"

Just messin, nice story

Currently playing through: Mega Man 1-6

Listen to my in-game music! (it's pretty much all I'm good at)

Wooted by:

#19 2017-10-03 14:16:11

Anatoly

My username is my realname. Story ended

#20 2017-10-03 22:17:21

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Abelysk wrote: