Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-21 00:14:40

ilikecorndogs

Speedrunning idea. Take this as you want to.

A very simple idea: make an offline mode for speedrunners, where they can download levels in local cache and be able to play without anyone else interrupting global events (keys, orange switches, and timed doors/gates). This should also make it a bit easier on lag too, as the user does not have to contact the server as much. Take it how you want to, mods and users, but I think this would be nice, especially as a secret combination of things to do in the lobby to be able to use this, aka, a cheat code in the lobby. This was an idea I had one day and I am just now posting this.

(Post writing, Pre posting note: maybe an exe with all of the campaigns pre-packaged with it used just for speedrunners?)

#2 2017-08-21 11:41:23

peace

Re: Speedrunning idea. Take this as you want to.

ilikecorndogs wrote:

A very simple idea: make an offline mode for speedrunners, where they can download levels in local cache and be able to play without anyone else interrupting global events (keys, orange switches, and timed doors/gates). This should also make it a bit easier on lag too, as the user does not have to contact the server as much. Take it how you want to, mods and users, but I think this would be nice, especially as a secret combination of things to do in the lobby to be able to use this, aka, a cheat code in the lobby. This was an idea I had one day and I am just now posting this.

(Post writing, Pre posting note: maybe an exe with all of the campaigns pre-packaged with it used just for speedrunners?)

keys and global switches are global so this would be hdr to make i guess without breaking the world (stair worls for example )

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#3 2017-08-21 19:06:30

skullz17

Re: Speedrunning idea. Take this as you want to.

peace wrote:
ilikecorndogs wrote:

keys and global switches are global so this would be hdr to make i guess without breaking the world (stair worls for example )

It doesn't really matter though. Just don't play the world in offline mode if it is supposed to be played online.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

skullz171503338790674190

Board footer