Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

AmoebaLord

Secret blocks starting to **** me off...

I anybody else getting annoyed by these things?   Personally, nowadays if I go to one of those secret block obsessed levels where its impossible to get anywhere, I just quit.   This is one block that I would actually support a limit on.   I don't think we need limited coin doors, but these secret blocks are just getting abused.

#2 Before February 2015

Rhythm

Re: Secret blocks starting to **** me off...

Agreed.

It's kinda fun using it while bossing.

Like everyone's on a red platform and then you put a green platform but an invisible block (way) above it.

People freak out.

^__^

Last edited by Rhythm (Jan 30 2011 7:41:17 pm)

#3 Before February 2015

Doom moose

havn't gotten mine yet but I hope to soon. I am going to lol when people try my levels. !!!! How about a super mario bros. frustration level? That would be mega loling

#4 Before February 2015

LuigiMadness71

Doom moose wrote:

havn't gotten mine yet but I hope to soon. I am going to lol when people try my levels. !!!! How about a super mario bros. frustration level? That would be mega loling

I already made a frustration level...

http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/BW_UJbWJBHa0I

It's so hard it needed a tutorial!

http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=3746

#5 Before February 2015

Jeffrey

its only fun for secret ways idd

#6 Before February 2015

Doghana

yea i dont really like secret blocks either. they are just really annoying and people go over the top.

although i did play this fun maze thing, where you had to get to the end except it was made up of secret blocks. that was cool //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#7 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

yeah, but the first level i saw with them ( not chris's ) it was just sick,

is was a crap load of
----   ------
--   --------
------   ----

and you can see witch one is the right one -_-

it take like 3 - 5 min's for each one

but yes, a limit would be nice

#8 Before February 2015

PhillipAC

I was actually disappointed with this brick. My first impression when reading the description was that it could be applied to any brick. As it is however there are uses, the main one I find is creating boundaries that are not visible and such will not take away from the look of the level.

#9 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

We've heard your reactions and are working on ways to improve it. Stay tuned.

#10 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

THANK YOU! I hope these get updated soon so they can be used more and won't be abused as much.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#11 Before February 2015

AmoebaLord

excellent update, and it really made these things a lot better.   now you can see a secret brick that you've touched.

i still think it would be better to set it as a brick property though (when Chris makes them).   you could make one of the properties of the bricks "inverted", which would swap wheter the brick was material or not

#12 Before February 2015

Shy Guy

I like it where you can see the secret block you jumped on, but I think you should make it where the secret blocks on other blocks don't make the block disappear. I wanted to make a jungle level and some trees made with blocks, you'd be able to go through them. Kinda like as a background block.

#13 Before February 2015

mistahboi

I don't think secret blocks work well as secret passages as the fully black blocks stick out like a sore thumb, so it would be invaluable to be able to change the appearance of the transparent block. :/

P.S. (OFF TOPIC) I don't mean to brag or anything, but I had this idea on a map using secret blocks called Illusion World, and would like to know if it's too frustrating. I doubt it, as a few people made it to the end, but I want to know form the forum. I'm not going to explain how it works, as I think it's pretty obvious.

LINKS: http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PWAETYphVra0I
                http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWAETYphVra0I

#14 Before February 2015

Greenzoid2

I think secret blocks should be something you apply to normal blocks, so that you can actually hide them in your levels.

AmoebaLord 1423859942101490

Board footer