Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2017-10-01 21:52:01

XxAtillaxX

Re: EE isn't getting a new owner

Processor wrote:

1. Why haven't you reached a conclusion yet? What difficulties are present?
2. What are your plans for the future? What "better things" may happen?
3. None of the current staff (or atilla) are fit to run the company, so how will you deal with the situation that the potential owner declines?

The difficulty is finding developers to hire for the particular technologies used. It isn't the responsibility of Niels, or anyone besides the acquirer to do so.
The future plans for the game have been discussed but nothing more than that, discussed. I think it'd be fairly futile to go into detail on an uncertainty alone.

I think it's extremely vague to merely suggest that 'better things' will happen. I've nuanced on many reasons why an acquisition and investment is far better than charity in game development.
If the acquisition cannot happen the future of Everybody Edits is entirely up to Niels. I don't have any involvement in that decision, nor does MegaLamb.
I would like to think that the game would continue in a successful and growing direction despite this, though I have little hope for that to be the case. I'm involving myself in this in the shared interest of pursuing that hope.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (4)

#77 2017-10-01 23:41:14

Bimps

for the billionth time just kill ee my god this is so stupid it's been 4 or so years since people first said ee was dying just please kill it

Wooted by: (2)

#78 2017-10-02 12:35:06

kreacher

Bimps wrote:

for the billionth time just kill ee my god this is so stupid it's been 4 or so years since people first said ee was dying just please kill it

No

MQneHSv.png

Est. December 2010

#79 2017-10-02 14:44:41

Gosha

kreacher wrote:
Bimps wrote:

No

Arthur-Fist.jpg

Wooted by:

#80 2017-10-02 14:46:21, last edited by hummerz5 (2017-10-02 14:46:41)

hummerz5

enough of that

none of this crapshoot posting. the tone of the thread was generally nice and reasoned before these last three, let's not screw that up thanks

#81 2017-10-02 17:40:25

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Bimps wrote:

The staff has no intention of shutting down Everybody Edits any time in the near future. If you do not wish to play it, that would be your decision, and you are free to leave. If you do wish to play it, please stop suggesting it should be "killed".

There are still many people who enjoy playing Everybody Edits in its current iteration. The staff is not going to take that away because a few people seemingly want it to die for no logical reason.

Xenonetix-2.png

Wooted by: (4)

#82 2017-10-02 17:44:28

Anatoly

Mega Lamb wrote:

There are still many people who enjoy playing Everybody Edits in its current iteration. The staff is not going to take that away because a few people seemingly want it to die for no logical reason.

Yes, but even they will leave, if not unity next time.

Unity however is joke.

And flash is dead.

So I don't think we can say it's alive. Yes it's community is still "alive", but the development progress definetly not.

More Graphics => More Blocks Tab. Bad.

More Blocks Tab => NO improvment.

However, we could make a blocks tab reduce. Like in searching, if the basic block appears, a list of all colors to select. That would be actually a great start.

#83 2017-10-02 19:09:18

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Mega Lamb wrote:
Bimps wrote:

The staff has no intention of shutting down Everybody Edits any time in the near future. If you do not wish to play it, that would be your decision, and you are free to leave. If you do wish to play it, please stop suggesting it should be "killed".

That's cool, but not sure it's smart. I imagine at this point you're losing money to keep the game up.

Discord: jawp#5123

#84 2017-10-02 19:11:49

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

MrJaWapa wrote:

I imagine at this point you're losing money to keep the game up.

I don't think we are at that point yet. I'm sure if we were then we would have heard about it by now. I'm also fairly certain this game is loved by so many of us that we may be willing to spend more of our money on the game to keep it running. I also think a simple solution would be to have adverts on the EE web page as the forums do.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#85 2017-10-02 20:27:58, last edited by Tomahawk (2017-10-02 20:57:13)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Multiple people who seem to want to appear to be perversely pleased by the potential coming confirmation that EE is dead despite that not being what they want, wrote:

EE is dead yay, woo, boy look at how nothing's happening and all the mods are leaving and Atilla's just lying to lead us on, haha omg just kill EE already but it's already dead but just kill it and somehow that satisfies me omg I'm so awake to the reality that EE is no longer worth playing and I show this with my defeatist attitude and sweeping statements about the finality and worthlessness of EE's current condition and imminent death, despite continuing to play the game and post on the forums as if I do it by free choice because I take some kind of goddamn enjoyment from it but haha wow kill EE already it's so bad.

The things you say are worth less than the <snip> because guess what? - you're still ****ing here playing the game with all the people who don't feel the need to be edgy drama queens about it.

If you want to make an actual point, post your attention-seeking goodbye threads and gtfo. You're just ruining it for the rest of us.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#86 2017-10-02 22:01:49

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

MrJaWapa wrote:

That's cool, but not sure it's smart. I imagine at this point you're losing money to keep the game up.

If that were the case, NVD is fully within his rights to shut the game down. None of the rest of the staff has heard anything to suggest this to be the case.

Xenonetix-2.png

Xenonetix1506978109679164

Board footer