Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-31 03:53:11, last edited by CJMaeder (2017-08-01 20:22:26)

CJMaeder

Community Project

This topic is about the EEU project
Not flash EE client and the server

So as the EEU project appears to have been abandoned
I am considering publishing full source code for EEU
to allow the community to continue the work

Thoughts?

Lame!

#2 2017-07-31 03:53:51

John

Re: Community Project

Yes please, this would speed up progress.

PW?scale=2

Wooted by:

#3 2017-07-31 05:59:07

Gosha

Emalton wrote:

would speed up progress.

How so?
He is going to release Sourse code of the project Ee has.

Also I don't think this is legal,  but who cares

#4 2017-07-31 06:02:02

Guest.

its not wise to continue off of something that is already so broken and dumb imo

ik this opinion isnt really popular but the best chance you would have is doing a recode

#5 2017-07-31 06:42:38

Mouseh

if you release code wouldn't there be a ton of ee copies everywhere

#6 2017-07-31 08:46:32

Zumza

I lost the count of how many times I suggested this before.
The programming community of EE is made of: people who never ever read an article on code-formatting/styling, people with no interest of working on it, or people who prefer making their brand new game.
I've gave many arguments to refute the statements like: "there will be a ton of ee copies everywhere", "ee will not longer make money" etc. which you might find here https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=38430

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#7 2017-07-31 09:01:09

XxAtillaxX

No.

To be clear, you've been let off very loosely, after you've conspired to cause irreversible damage to Everybody Edits, via releasing the shared secret.
I'm going to make this very clear, there are very real consequences for things you decide to do, regardless of whether it being online or offline.

We have your full name, and if you decide to publish anything belonging to Everybody Edits, I'll make sure you're held legally accountable.

To be clear, you aren't apart of the community, either - you've even deleted the community Discord server.
You've been an over-privileged scum **** who thinks they can do anything without being held responsible.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

Nou

#8 2017-07-31 09:34:52

Zumza

XxAtillaxX wrote:

We have your full name, and if you decide to publish anything belonging to Everybody Edits, I'll make sure you're held legally accountable.

I'm sorry to interfere, but since you made this public.
To sue CJMaeder you have to had have a connection to the material which he is planning to release. That means that you contributed with your code to EEU(?).
Or you'll try to convince somebody who did contribute to the project to sue him for you.
Removing the part of the contribution made by the plaintiff removes his right of suing either way, so CJMaeder could just remove the portion of code which you're suing him for.
In the worst case scenario then you'll want a compensation which by the profit number of EE will be small, and won't require the court anyway.
And everything before said is valid only if the contributors didn't agreed to any type of license before committing, which would be a big mistake made by NOU.

#9 2017-07-31 09:55:16

XxAtillaxX

Zumza wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

To sue CJMaeder you have to had have a connection to the material which he is planning to release. That means that you contributed with your code to EEU(?).
Or you'll try to convince somebody who did contribute to the project to sue him for you.
Removing the part of the contribution made by the plaintiff removes his right of suing either way, so CJMaeder could just remove the portion of code which you're suing him for.
In the worst case scenario then you'll want a compensation which by the profit number of EE will be small, and won't require the court anyway.
And everything before said is valid only if the contributors didn't agreed to any type of license before committing, which would be a big mistake made by NOU.

The assets belong to Everybody Edits.

I highly doubt Nou had them sign a non-disclosure agreement, however trade secrets are protected by law in the country he resides, and typically disputes over confidential data aren't complicated.
Moreover, it's fairly unlikely a judge would find against you over that oversight - your validity claim is BS. I'm aware of the relevant laws in the country he resides, thank you for your input anyhow.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#10 2017-07-31 09:56:13, last edited by LukeM (2017-07-31 09:57:14)

LukeM
Website

Zumza wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

I'm pretty sure there would be at least some sort of license, in which case the whole code belongs to EE, and they could sue for the whole code, or any part released to the public
Plus even the small amount EE makes is a lot for a normal person, plus with a good enough lawyer (although they probably couldn't afford one //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue) they could say their predicted growth after UnitEE would be similar to the original EE

#11 2017-07-31 10:04:06

Zumza

TL; DR; Of whole thing;
@CJMaeder you might not be the right person to do this decision. Most likely only the game owner can do it.

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2017-07-31 10:16:25, last edited by Swarth100 (2017-07-31 10:29:01)

Swarth100

destroyer123 wrote:
Zumza wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

I'm pretty sure there would be at least some sort of license, in which case the whole code belongs to EE, and they could sue for the whole code, or any part released to the public
Plus even the small amount EE makes is a lot for a normal person, plus with a good enough lawyer (although they probably couldn't afford one //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue) they could say their predicted growth after UnitEE would be similar to the original EE

If you were paid to code, your work belongs to your boss (unless agreed differently PRIOR to starting the project).

If you agreed to work with a group of friends, everyone in the group holds the copyright (even if they had a one line contribution). You need everyone's agreement to disclose the code (unless agreed differently PRIOR to starting the project).

#13 2017-07-31 11:46:02

Kira

CJMaeder, go ahead. This will be more efficient than the current staff's blank promises.

#14 2017-07-31 11:57:06

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

Unless the admins are trying their best to make UnitEE and/or are daily contributing small/monthly contributing big codes. Go ahead, since it's better than having it sit in github, collecting dust.

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

#15 2017-07-31 11:59:03

capasha

Is this the latest or the old version you made?

#16 2017-07-31 12:28:28

XxAtillaxX

If it was published, not only would he be committing a crime but any derivative of the work would be taken down as theft and copyright infringement.
You know, maybe instead of being pathetic and retarded, take the legitimate route of creating an original work, like the person who is making HaxEE is doing.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#17 2017-07-31 12:34:16, last edited by Vinyl Melody (2017-07-31 12:34:40)

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

XxAtillaxX wrote:

You know, maybe instead of being pathetic and retarded, take the legitimate route of creating an original work, like the person who is making HaxEE is doing.

So that means that everyone (can) collaborate on another UnitEE (but it's made again from scratch and this time, everyone is working on it)?

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

#18 2017-07-31 12:46:53

Lictor666

Capasha do it for us !!!

#19 2017-07-31 13:47:21

peace

guys lets first ask ourselfs is that staff really that lazy to do it theirself? what a bad staff we have right now the staff isnt even online thstat much not even tlaking about the owner of the game who doesnt even post anything about th ebad serer or so

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#20 2017-07-31 14:32:01

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

The staff is too lazy to tell us what's going on; I really doubt they'll be willing to dive into a court battle.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I'll make sure you're held legally accountable.

You can't do ****. And it would be retarded to encourage NVD to. There's an opportunity for something to happen with the game, but because you don't like CJ, you're going to try and stop it.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#21 2017-07-31 15:39:34

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

I don't think the general community has the ability to develop anything better than what the current dev team has made. It depends on how complete the unfinished code is, but I doubt we'd get anything more than what EBE is to EE (a blatant rip with maybe a few different blocks).

No, for this to do any good there would have to be people in the community capable of programming new features in Unity from the ground up, and given EE's recruitment service, those people are either already on the dev team or have left it.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

To be clear, you've been let off very loosely, after you've conspired to cause irreversible damage to Everybody Edits, via releasing the shared secret.

Eh? What happened?

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#22 2017-07-31 17:29:23

proficuous
Formerly terence

XxAtillaxX wrote:

No.

I'm going to make this very clear, there are very real consequences for things you decide to do, regardless of whether it being online or offline.

To be clear, you aren't apart of the community, either - you've even deleted the community Discord server.
You've been an over-privileged scum **** who thinks they can do anything without being held responsible.

is this copypasta

Wooted by: (4)

#23 2017-07-31 18:21:27, last edited by John (2017-07-31 18:35:31)

John

Gosha wrote:
Emalton wrote:

would speed up progress.

How so?
He is going to release Sourse code of the project Ee has.

Also I don't think this is legal,  but who cares

How would it not speed up progress? There would be more than one person working on it...

Ernesdo wrote:

its not wise to continue off of something that is already so broken and dumb imo
ik this opinion isnt really popular but the best chance you would have is doing a recode

It wasn't broken or "dumb". How would you know, were you a beta tester?

Mousey123 wrote:

if you release code wouldn't there be a ton of ee copies everywhere

If people wanted to they could've copied EE a long time ago. The flash client can be easily decompiled. If people wanted to make an EE clone they would have already done so.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

No.

Atilla, he is trying to help. He asked for our opinions and wants what's best for EE, otherwise why would he post?

Kira wrote:

CJMaeder, go ahead. This will be more efficient than the current staff's blank promises.

Completely agree, we haven't had an update on whether or not it has been worked on.

Vinyl Melody wrote:

Unless the admins are trying their best to make UnitEE and/or are daily contributing small/monthly contributing big codes. Go ahead, since it's better than having it sit in github, collecting dust.

They decided to start from scratch so it's old code anyway. It should be released.

capasha wrote:

Is this the latest or the old version you made?

It's the old version (I believe) they started over.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

If it was published, not only would he be committing a crime but any derivative of the work would be taken down as theft and copyright infringement.

Didn't CJMaeder work on it though? Doesn't he own it also? I still fail to see why you are attacking him for wanting to help the game?

MrJaWapa wrote:

The staff is too lazy to tell us what's going on; I really doubt they'll be willing to dive into a court battle.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I'll make sure you're held legally accountable.

You can't do ****. And it would be retarded to encourage NVD to. There's an opportunity for something to happen with the game, but because you don't like CJ, you're going to try and stop it.

Yeah true Atilla I love you and all but JaWapa has a good point you seem like you are only attacking CJ instead of thinking about the game. (My point of view, anyway)

Tomahawk wrote:

I don't think the general community has the ability to develop anything better than what the current dev team has made. It depends on how complete the unfinished code is, but I doubt we'd get anything more than what EBE is to EE (a blatant rip with maybe a few different blocks).

No, for this to do any good there would have to be people in the community capable of programming new features in Unity from the ground up, and given EE's recruitment service, those people are either already on the dev team or have left it.

I say it's worth a shot, whether we succeed or fail its better than nothing. We have nothing right now.

--

TL;DR not sure why people are hostile towards CJ for wanting to help the game grow faster.

Kira wrote:

this

EDIT:
The secret is basically used to authenticate accounts. If people know it then lol rip free for all

PW?scale=2

#24 2017-07-31 19:04:23

Guest.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

how is haxee original

#25 2017-07-31 19:05:01

Prodigy

Cant you just contact bill gates so he can give you some spare couch money

h0qIF0q.png

Anatoly1501838000670964

Board footer