Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-30 04:36:58

HeyNK

Forum game idea

Hey everyone, I just had this great idea of a forum game. It won't happen, and if I made a thread for it it would probably get me banned. And it's not very good either. But I wanted to share this really cool idea that revoloves around numerous complex forum mechanics.

Step 1: Signups

Each player signs up in another thread before the game is begun. Then they will PM the moderator of the game a message. It will be used later.

Step 2: The thread gets made

The thread gets made. Options: users are anonymous.

Opening Post

Then all the people that signed up post thier message and the moderater notes who is who. Then, anyone who isnt noted gets put on the non participant list, then gets reported, and permabanned by a forum mod for disrupting my game. Then, you have to guess who is who. But you can only accuse each person of being someone within a time limit, because they prove that they are NOT that person by wooting thier post! AWESOME?! YEAH! That's what I call clever use of forum mechanics. And if you get guessed, you're OUT. The last person wins. But only if no one guessed them. Second place prize goes to whoever got the most woots.

#2 2017-07-30 04:45:15

hummerz5

Re: Forum game idea

I like that you're thinking about the mechanics like that. You should check some of the older forum games (p10?20?) -- we've had some interesting attempts with anonymity before

So what are some strategies that might make this a good or bad showing? What happens if I just sit still and don't offer anything? I run into the issue of design where a player wins the game by not talking or trying. While everyone else dukes things out, they're quiet. How can we prevent that sort of issue? Do we just have the mod say "you're not contributing, goodbye"? Could we give them something they need to talk about or they lose? Like solving a complex problem with a team but without revealing identity?

#3 2017-07-30 07:03:47

HeyNK

It's not a good game. Didn't you read my post?

#4 2017-07-30 11:23:07

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

HeyNK wrote:

It's not a good game. Didn't you read my post?

So your post is just for observation, no questions? Hummerz5 is obviously trying to expand on your idea. Maybe it can be done.

Wooted by:

#5 2017-07-30 17:35:23

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

suddenly random sig change

#6 2017-07-30 17:55:53, last edited by hummerz5 (2017-07-30 17:57:53)

hummerz5

thanks slabdrill but "already been done" doesn't preclude another try

an "assassination" sort of game sounds interesting, but then there's still no motivation to talk.

I think the trick is you still need to want people to figure out who you are... what if the game was in teams, where the teammates want to try and figure out which folk are on which team. If the guess is wrong, they lose? Or, they lose a point? That could involve the classic WIFOM of "if someone claims a color, then they might sabotage another team by lying about their color. But that hurts their own team also. Then you could add a factional kill.. but that doesn't make sense regarding the win condition so nvm

what if each player was paired up and tasked with finding that other player? The first correct pair wins.
Like mafia, 24h days or periods or whatever. Each period, the players can talk and vote. They can either vote for who they think is their match or vote for who they think a specific person is. If they correctly match a user to who they are non-anon, then that user loses. First to correctly pair wins. As a player, that would involve trying to disguise wording and yet, knowing who their pair is, try to find some hint. This, I believe, would potentially benefit close buds but idk. How's this one sound?

actually I might make that one, see how it fairs...

#7 2017-07-30 20:17:27

HeyNK

see? its good that I posted this thread since someone made a good idea. I told you im not going to do any work.

HeyNK1501442247670368

Board footer