Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-24 13:02:46

XcnafelL

Save progress button

There should be a save option, that would save the switches you have switched, your position, all coins u've taken and effects like jump boost etc. It would be useful for parkour maps or adventure maps and those kinds of maps. There could be bugs, like if the owner has changed the map and you would spawn inside of a block, switches have been changed and so on.

8cZv82z.png

Wooted by:

#2 2017-07-24 13:26:36, last edited by LukeM (2017-07-24 13:27:07)

LukeM
Website

Re: Save progress button

I guess maybe some of the problems could be solved with a 'release world' option that would mean that it would have some of the features that campaign worlds do (saving progress, maybe cheat detection depending on how its implimented), and otherwise these things would be disabled

Wooted by:

#3 2017-07-24 16:44:30

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

destroyer123 wrote:

I guess maybe some of the problems could be solved with a 'release world' option that would mean that it would have some of the features that campaign worlds do (saving progress, maybe cheat detection depending on how its implimented), and otherwise these things would be disabled

Nonononono let's not make world creation even more confusing with another gazillion menu and development features. A single block, Permapoints, act like this but with even more freedom for how they're used in worlds.

#4 2017-07-24 17:36:46

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

just afk like people have been doing for years

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#5 2017-07-24 17:48:31

LukeM
Website

N1KF wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

Nonononono let's not make world creation even more confusing with another gazillion menu and development features. A single block, Permapoints, act like this but with even more freedom for how they're used in worlds.

imo the problem with EE isnt the complexity itself, its that you are bombarded by it all at once. The publish button could just be a single button in world options that you wouldnt even need to click until you have got the hang of the rest of the game, while permanant checkpoints would be an entirely new game mechanic youd need to learn

Wooted by:

#6 2017-07-24 18:56:34

skullz17

destroyer123 wrote:

I like the idea of distinguishing between published worlds and "live" worlds. Bobithan touched on this in the spiritual successor topic:

The lobby should only be sorted by online count and be a separate entity from a level library where people publish their worlds. The lobby would have a more social focus, where the library would have a more creative focus.

I've always wanted a big lobby rework focusing on helping people find good worlds and helping builders find an audience. However, I realise now that it's also important to consider those who would rather go to the most popular worlds, for the social aspect.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:
skullz171500918994669318

Board footer