Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-20 09:19:10

Mieaz

two suggestions relating ee wiki

1. add a subforum for wikipedia. Ik there's "talk" in wiki but using subforum is a better way to have group of posts on the same place. it's also easier to discuss more general stuff like "what template should we use for block pages", whereas "Talk" is there for things like "should this be capitalized"

2. considering wiki and forum profiles are connected, add a "Wikipedian" or "Wikipedist" or idk user title just like "previously known" or "master developer". you get this if you're well known between the community that you work on wiki. And if 1. exists, you could request this at sticky topic in that subforum

I'm not requesting this just because, I'm requesting this because it's gonna help people who edit EE Wiki and also attract more of them which would lead back to EE players. What else is the point of EE Forums rather than helping EE itself?

so I wanna ask what do you think about this, and plsno "why you even bother the game's already dead". I'm asking you about the idea itself, not the current situation EE's in.

ee & eeforums gibs me depression

#2 2017-07-20 10:10:12

Bimps

Re: two suggestions relating ee wiki

1. wikipedia is a specific website. the tern you are looking for is wiki. we dong need a subforum, this is the second time ive seen you suggest a subforum and neither of them are big enough to warrant one. do you know how forums even work?

2. user titles are pointless, in the great words of bingus: "we dont need this"

i doubt anyone will want to actually edit the ee wiki besides zoey and n1kf so idk what you are trying to gain with this topic. the ee forums is for people that play or played ee to talk about various subjects. uh idk where im going with this so basically you should suggest stuff when you know more about the ee wiki then just that it exists. which i dont even think you know where it is so plsgo

#3 2017-07-20 12:56:52

Mieaz

maybe you could pay more attention to the suggestion rather than my personnal mistakes?

Bimps wrote:

wikipedia is a specific website. the tern you are looking for is wiki. we dong need a subforum

sorry for the first one;
There are game discussion, forum discussion, off-topic discussion, I don't see what ee wiki discussion would do wrong? It will just help with things such as choice of theme, as you can see official doesn't have very good one

Bimps wrote:

user titles are pointless, in the great words of bingus: "we dont need this"

nah, the basic ones ofc shouldn't be removed while special ones makes people proud for effort they put if they have it so it's kinda like motivation which will bring more to achieve the same

Bimps wrote:

i doubt anyone will want to actually edit the ee wiki besides zoey and n1kf so idk what you are trying to gain with this topic.

Wow, nearly no one cares, that means no one will ever care in future?

I have also seen some worlds out there relating some info about EE, worlds with all the commands etc, It's not that people don't care about wiki it's that they don't know about it, They stop caring when they see how abandoned it is.
you have to break the loop

Bimps wrote:

when you know more about the ee wiki then just that it exists.

actually added 8000 bytes to official ee wiki, you can check if you want

ee & eeforums gibs me depression

#4 2017-07-20 18:12:33

Bimps

all the subforums you mentioned are very broad and general unlike ee wiki

user titles are bad

ee shouldnt have a wiki because itll die soon

8000 bytes is nothing

plsgo kthx

#5 2017-07-20 18:36:34

Mieaz