Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-19 00:21:55, last edited by Tomahawk (2017-07-19 00:34:20)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Messed-up forum legend

Pls Diff. What is this?

EEforums Legend

1. New Users? New User? It's one or the other, and all the other tags are plural;

2. Most of us are yellow but not new users - there's no category for us. Aren't we Forum Users?

3. Greg is not a category;

4. Administrators should be renamed to Forum Administrators because it's not specific enough (~admin of what?). Likewise with Moderators;

5. Why are two tags pink? Ik there's nobody in the EE PR role, but the colours should be unique. Alternatively, it's overwhelmingly likely that anyone who gets that role in the future will already be an EE admin, so the tag is unnecessary to begin with, at least until that time;

6. Maybe re-order them into some kinda vague hierarchy.

How about this?

Legend: Forum Administrators, Forum Moderators, EE Administrators, EE Moderators, Forum Users, New Users

EDIT: Yeah ik the last two tags are still the same colour, but making new users blue or something would upset the current order of things, in which yellow=normal user. Maybe new forum users shouldn't be singled out either.

EDIT 2: Ok I've contradicted myself by scrapping EE PR but then adding Forum Users, which supercedes New Users. This still needs work.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2017-07-19 00:44:52

hummerz5

Re: Messed-up forum legend

2. Guess defaults don't get a category
3. Greg is still special IIRC
4. I'd go for Forum Admin/Forum Mod. A bit shorter
5. kinda a good point there, but the emphasis was giving one specific user the job of modding the Game Business information.

#3 2017-07-19 12:14:07

Different55
Forum Admin

Tomahawk wrote:

New Users? New User? It's one or the other, and all the other tags are plural;

New User is for users the forums consider suspicious. They have heavy restrictions until they're lifted by a mod or admin. New Users is for your average everyday new users.

Tomahawk wrote:

Most of us are yellow but not new users - there's no category for us. Aren't we Forum Users?

The "main" group doesn't get a note in the legend.

Tomahawk wrote:

Greg is not a category;

GregBot has special permissions, Greg is his user group. There is no more GregBot so now there's no Greg user group either.

Tomahawk wrote:

Administrators should be renamed to Forum Administrators because it's not specific enough (~admin of what?). Likewise with Moderators;

The user group name has been changed to match the user title for both groups.

Tomahawk wrote:

Why are two tags pink? Ik there's nobody in the EE PR role, but the colours should be unique. Alternatively, it's overwhelmingly likely that anyone who gets that role in the future will already be an EE admin, so the tag is unnecessary to begin with, at least until that time;

EE PR is just an EE Admin with moderation abilities over Game Business. Their primary role is an EE Admin so their title is still EE Admin and their name is still pink. The name "EE PR" is just the name given to the user group with the different permissions, they're still EE Admins.

Tomahawk wrote:

Maybe re-order them into some kinda vague hierarchy.

Cannot do.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#4 2017-07-19 12:39:01

Processor

Different55 wrote:

GregBot has special permissions, Greg is his user group. There is no more GregBot so now there's no Greg user group either.

What? Greg still exists and is very happy on Discord:
wound

I don't know what permissions Greg needed though...

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#5 2017-07-19 12:42:56

GregBot
Bot
Website

Hello,

I am GregBot and I am fine, thanks for asking.

#6 2017-07-19 12:57:40

Different55
Forum Admin

Processor wrote:
Different55 wrote:

What? Greg still exists and is very happy on Discord:
https://proc.pw/elite/wound

I don't know what permissions Greg needed though...

Needed access to see the "Jewish Anime was a Mistake" forum that I used to screw with him.

- ShinsukeIto

#7 2017-07-20 06:31:57

Mouseh

why is "ee administrators" and "ee moderators" not shortened while "forum admins" and "forum mods" are

#8 2017-07-20 13:38:39

Different55
Forum Admin

Because "forum" is longer than "admin" and we needed to save costs on bandwidth but not that much idk

- ShinsukeIto

#9 2017-07-24 06:44:38, last edited by Mouseh (2017-07-24 06:45:49)

Mouseh

Different55 wrote:

Because "forum" is longer than "admin" and we needed to save costs on bandwidth but not that much idk

then ee administrators/moderators? change it to ee admins/mods to save whatever bull is important

#10 2017-07-24 22:41:37

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Different55 wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Most of us are yellow but not new users - there's no category for us. Aren't we Forum Users?

The "main" group doesn't get a note in the legend.

A forum legend should contain a label for every group of users of the forum. To not have a caption for the largest group is stupid and defies both logic and the point of a legend.

Different55 wrote:

EE PR is just an EE Admin with moderation abilities over Game Business. Their primary role is an EE Admin so their title is still EE Admin and their name is still pink. The name "EE PR" is just the name given to the user group with the different permissions, they're still EE Admins.

With no members in it, it doesn't need to exist.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#11 2017-07-25 04:11:21

hummerz5

Tomahawk wrote:

With no members in it, it doesn't need to exist.

true but ideally whatever purpose it was serving it would continue to serve shortly after its break. So it should make a return at some point. Easier to just add someone to a group than it is to re-insert whatever settings need to be used

otherwise I can't think of a reason

#12 2019-01-30 04:33:38

Victoria
Formerly Koya556
Website

GregBot wrote:

Hello,

I am GregBot and I am fine, thanks for asking.

Discord this is working bot on the create diff it is not?

Yan Joshua knows as Nightmore, 7kudmath, Ygor Matheus, Kogor, Koya and RQ aka ~
I'm a professional artist, talented in various art forms, and also a programmer.
I had been playing Everybody Edits for four years ago. ~
Learning English and Japanese, Portugal ~
Native Portuguese speaker, fluent ~
20 years old, April 5, 2003. ~
He/Him ~

Contact information:
Discord: Kenny 💀#0578
In-game: 7KUDMATH
Xbox: YanJoshuaRQ
Steam: YanJoshuaRQ

#13 2019-01-30 06:11:50

Different55
Forum Admin

Please don't dig up old topics for no reason.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)
Different551548825110740030

Board footer