Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-15 18:51:29

Kirby

Dungeonerator

~Dungeonerator~

BDuctv9.png
http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWswYrVIh4cEI

Dungeonerator is a system-based world in which you navigate a random maze with random rooms in order to get to the trophy.

Note: This level isn't all that fun to play. The rooms take a little to generate, and a lot of the time they can be stupid. This was more to toy around with the concept than anything else]

-------------------

Credits
Concept by: Kirby
Systems by: Slabdrill
Maze Generator by: Destroyer123
Boring filling by: 21twelve

-------------------

Enjoy!

#2 2017-07-15 20:24:13, last edited by LukeM (2017-07-15 20:37:18)

LukeM
Website

Re: Dungeonerator

This is actually a really good idea :O Most of the random minigame generators have been quite boring, but if you combine a few together then you could probably make a really good world //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Plus its good to see that my maze generator thing isnt just a cool but completely useless switch machine XD (that seems to be my speciality //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

Edit: Im also trying to work out how you managed to make every minigame have a path to the end... Im guessing you have a set of paths, from which you pick one then add some random noise to the rest of the room?

Edit 2: Also, I would suggest changing the start/end point for the maze generator to the top right corner, because that means that the end is always at the end of a path, so you will be able to get to every part of the maze without passing the end, (basically so there is less 'wasted space')

#3 2017-07-15 20:52:36

Kirby

destroyer123 wrote:

This is actually a really good idea :O Most of the random minigame generators have been quite boring, but if you combine a few together then you could probably make a really good world //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Plus its good to see that my maze generator thing isnt just a cool but completely useless switch machine XD (that seems to be my speciality //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

Edit: Im also trying to work out how you managed to make every minigame have a path to the end... Im guessing you have a set of paths, from which you pick one then add some random noise to the rest of the room?

Edit 2: Also, I would suggest changing the start/end point for the maze generator to the top right corner, because that means that the end is always at the end of a path, so you will be able to get to every part of the maze without passing the end, (basically so there is less 'wasted space')

it already does start top right, and yea, there's a set of templates that ensure every mini is possible without traps, with random blocks in empty spaces

#4 2017-07-15 22:10:53

Abelysk

I found this world fun because the idea itself is fascinating. It could be applied to other areas of actual maps.

#5 2017-07-15 22:21:08

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Kirby wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

and yea, there's a set of templates that ensure every mini is possible without traps, with random blocks in empty spaces

I got stuck in the first chamber I entered because of a 4 block deep hole. From look at it, it wasn't even possible either since you would have to get impossibly luck with a 1x1 hook jump through a type of hole that I haven't even seen complete in a normal hook jump. Not sure if that was because I accidentally went back into the entrance portal though :/

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#6 2017-07-15 23:37:03

LukeM
Website

Kirby wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

it already does start top right, and yea, there's a set of templates that ensure every mini is possible without traps, with random blocks in empty spaces

Are you sure? I went through a portal in the spawn bit and it took me to the bottom left of the generator bit (this was about 4ish hours ago)
And that's a good way to generate minis //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile apart from when you occasionally get unsolvable ones. With a bit of work you might even be able to get completely random minis if you can somehow generate the template randomly too

#7 2017-07-20 23:26:05

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

@kirby: no, it starts at the lower left. Might change that though, now that I know why it didn't work when I tried to change it. Also, I saw one time where I was completely blocked off, but I don't know which template I got to be able to fix it.

suddenly random sig change

Slabdrill1500589565668820

Board footer