Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-13 20:16:59

Bimps

cannot play as a guest, this is pretty urgent

i tried to go on ee to see what is happening and since i dont give a **** about my account i didnt bother logging in. i tried to enter a world and i got the message "you are banned: this account is banned due to abuse or fraud." and a "dun dun dun" sound effect (what the **** is this phoenix wright ****) i tried it again, and then one more time on incognito, and the same thing happened. also, rat just tried it and it doesnt work, so it isnt just me.

this is pretty **** big, and due to the fact that there is 0 things happening, this wont be fixed for a while. meaning no guests can play ee. why would they sign up for it if they cant play it? HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON FOR WHAT THE **** NVD AND WHAT IS WITH THE DUN DUN DUN THING W H Y

#2 2017-07-13 20:22:17

LukeM
Website

Re: cannot play as a guest, this is pretty urgent

I think they were banned to prevent the 'people creating hundreds of open worlds' thing, but I agree that this is a terrible idea... People always say this game isnt friendly to new players, but this is taking it to the next level...

Wooted by:

#3 2017-07-13 20:22:24

kubapolish
Banned
Website

it's because i was spamming worlds with "nvd is drunk lolololo" and while i got permabanned, guests got banned too

????

#4 2017-07-13 20:24:31

Bimps

ok so pingo has informed me guests are banned

WHY

WHAT THE **** KIND OF DECISION IS IT TO HAVE THE WAY THAT PEOPLE FIND OUT ABOUT THE GAME BE REMOVED JUST BECAUSE SOME GUY GUEST BOMBED EVERYTHING

HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO GET NEW PEOPLE

WHAT EVEN NVD WHAT THE ****

IF YOU FIND OUT ABOUT THIS AND YOU HEAR "DUN DUN DUN" AND "LOL UR BANNED" YOU WONT WANT TO PLAY IT OR SUGGEST IT TO OTHER PEOPLE
WUD79dB.jpg

Wooted by: (4)

#5 2017-07-13 20:38:16

Gosha

Bimps wrote:

JUST BECAUSE SOME GUY GUEST BOMBED EVERYTHING

I agree that they should fix the game instead of banning guests
Guest ban was a "quick" desigion to prevent Kuba from creating 1000 worlds
Lobby was unplayable because we can't handle all those worlds

#6 2017-07-13 21:58:13

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Couldn't they have just made it so that guests can't create open worlds? To just straight up ban them all is stupid. But at this point nothing NVD does like this surprises me.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#7 2017-07-13 22:15:15

Mieaz

Devlin wrote:

Couldn't they have just made it so that guests can't create open worlds? To just straight up ban them all is stupid. But at this point nothing NVD does like this surprises me.

the proof that they don't think about ee's future, just short-term solutions ^_^

ee & eeforums gibs me depression

#8 2017-07-13 22:56:24

Firecrackericebreak

Devlin wrote:

can be easily exploited to not be open worlds

Wooted by:

#9 2017-07-13 23:14:22

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

im sorry

big

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#10 2017-07-13 23:28:35

John

I don't think it was NVD's decision to ban the guests.

PW?scale=2

#11 2017-07-13 23:44:50

Bimps

Emalton wrote:

he at least approved it. and if he didnt then that makes it even worse

#12 2017-07-14 00:14:32

LukeM
Website

Firecrackericebreak wrote:
Devlin wrote:

can be easily exploited to not be open worlds

How could it? I think there was some problem with incorrect permissions at some point, but I think it was fixed, plus it didn't apply to whether they were open or not did it?
Even if there was some way for a guest to create a non open world, surely fixing that would be easy, so this would still be better than banning guests altogether...

#13 2017-07-14 15:01:56

peace

lets just limit the amount of worlds guest can have in total i mean that all guests togheter can only create x amount of worlds also there should be messages if banning guests wich would say something like because of fraud all guests are banned please register to play

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

JME

#14 2017-07-14 16:30:51

XxAtillaxX

maxi123 wrote:

There's nothing wrong with guests creating open worlds.

This isn't a solution, you can easily create a ton of worlds with a single account.
It's annoying how few people have actually dealt with Player.IO and yet they think they're geniuses for coming up with a non-solution.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (2)

#15 2017-07-14 16:47:39

Gosha

S70714-18464919.jpg

#16 2017-07-14 17:57:43

realmaster42
Formerly marcoantonimsantos
Website

destroyer123 wrote:

I think they were banned to prevent the 'people creating hundreds of open worlds' thing, but I agree that this is a terrible idea... People always say this game isnt friendly to new players, but this is taking it to the next level...

Once a while ago "YUV" spammed so much worlds and when he got permanently banned, guests did too... However he unbanned himself XDDD

Devlin wrote:

kill EE

LOL, just change open worlds to locked worlds in bot. Problem solved.

http://i.imgur.com/bjvgH5L.png?1

#17 2017-07-14 19:59:10, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2017-07-14 19:59:31)

XxAtillaxX

My solution was to implement captchas per room and issue IP-bans to people mass creating worlds. The second of which is obviously implemented.

In hindsight, it's still an issue, because these morons who spam rooms think they're doing a public good, when in reality all they're doing is detracting from other people's experience in-game.
It's an incentive for these retards to continue their spamming thinking they're getting somewhere, and the rest of people suffer with captcha because of the actions of a select few **** tards.

It's easier to let them vent out their retarded frustration and getting nowhere, rather than doing their bidding by forcing captcha on innocent users. Think airline security.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (2)

#18 2017-07-14 20:22:29

The 135 Guy

destroyer123 wrote:

Even if there was some way for a guest to create a non open world, surely fixing that would be easy, so this would still be better than banning guests altogether...

To create a non-open world, just press the "ID" button in lobby and type anything starting with PW, so no, fixing that would not be easy, the only way to do so would be to prevent guests from joining worlds, AKA ban.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

and issue IP-bans to people mass creating worlds.

VPNs, Atilla, VPNs. Also, since EE's serverside is spaghetti, their limit on creating 5 worlds per IP is easily bypassed.

Emalton wrote:

Even if it wasn't his decision, he has access to EE's PIO since he the current owner of EE. Guests have been banned for months and NVD could have unbanned them at any time, it is a pretty major thing for guests to be banned.

Bimps wrote:

"you are banned: this account is banned due to abuse or fraud." and a "dun dun dun" sound effect (what the **** is this phoenix wright ****)

Again, they have been banned for months, and the sound effect has been there for years. Seriously, have you never been banned?

BZ8z2l1.png
QUiiw7V.png

Wooted by:

#19 2017-07-14 20:32:08

XxAtillaxX

The 135 Guy wrote:
XxAtillaxX wrote:

and issue IP-bans to people mass creating worlds.

VPNs, Atilla, VPNs. Also, since EE's serverside is spaghetti, their limit on creating 5 worlds per IP is easily bypassed.

Well, obviously they're going to evade their ban, but at the very least whatever accounts they were using remain banned.
It's not the fault of the server-side code since it's architecturally impractical on the side of Player.IO, it'd require some tedious and convoluted **** with BigDB to pull off.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#20 2017-07-15 19:14:57

Bimps

wow the problem was fixed... with no announcement. gr8

#21 2017-07-15 19:54:11, last edited by LukeM (2017-07-15 19:54:48)

LukeM
Website

The 135 Guy wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

To create a non-open world, just press the "ID" button in lobby and type anything starting with PW, so no, fixing that would not be easy, the only way to do so would be to prevent guests from joining worlds, AKA ban.

Wait what? Why does trying to join an invalid room actually create the room... I'm sure there must be a way to easily fix this though, as otherwise any PlayerIO game could be completely crashed (doesnt seem like something they wouldnt fix)

Bimps wrote:

wow the problem was fixed... with no announcement. gr8

Im guessing they cant have an announcement as otherwise people will probably spam worlds again //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#22 2017-07-15 21:19:18

XxAtillaxX

destroyer123 wrote:

Wait what? Why does trying to join an invalid room actually create the room... I'm sure there must be a way to easily fix this though, as otherwise any PlayerIO game could be completely crashed (doesnt seem like something they wouldnt fix)

It's not a bug, nor is it an invalid room. You can't crash any Player.IO game with this, the 'PW' prefix is unique to Everybody Edits.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#23 2017-07-15 23:47:04

LukeM
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

It's not a bug, nor is it an invalid room. You can't crash any Player.IO game with this, the 'PW' prefix is unique to Everybody Edits.

So being able to create a normal non open room with no owner isn't a bug? (I would at this point double check some things but I'm on my phone //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad)
And my reasoning for crashing any game is that if playerIO doesn't have any way to set permissions for who can create rooms and when (I'm pretty sure it would do, but this is assuming it didn't), then in any game you could create 1000 worlds, which would prevent any others from being created (at least this seems like a limit set by PlayerIO not EE)

LukeM1500158824668112

Board footer