Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-07-12 16:07:58

wjg999

Spam protection toggle

Create 2 buttons and 2 fields in the world settings, the buttons to toggle off or on the "duplicate chat filter" and "chat delay", the fields to set the amount of times a duplicate chat can be done if it is set to on and to set the delay in milliseconds between chat messages if it is set to on.

In bot worlds you need to say the same phrase over and over again to do various actions, the spam protection blocks you from using these actions as it blocks the phrase because of overuse.
Yes you can capitalize parts of the words but that would only work if the bot is programmed to handle this and it takes a bit of time to edit the message which can be a pain in timed minigames such as boat battle.

The fast talking is just a nuisance in general as even during normal conversation I often get "You are trying to chat too fast, spamming the chat room is not nice!" which makes me wait 3-5 seconds before I can talk again, which is also a pain during timed minigames.

#2 2017-07-12 16:12:00

LukeM
Website

Re: Spam protection toggle

I think they should just remove them... They are basically useless for stopping spamming etc, so why keep them?

Wooted by:

#3 2017-07-12 16:16:01

wjg999

If I were to ask that would that not conflict with "Please, no joke ideas, and no 'I don't like this new thing you added' threads, these threads are counter productive." from the guidelines.

#4 2017-07-12 17:06:51

LukeM
Website

wjg999 wrote:

If I were to ask that would that not conflict with "Please, no joke ideas, and no 'I don't like this new thing you added' threads, these threads are counter productive." from the guidelines.

I dont really think its a 'new thing' anymore, cant remember when it was added, but its been a while now hasnt it?

#5 2017-07-12 17:39:49

peace

they should remove the spam if the chatstarts iwth ! . or $ ect thus there is still a spam blocker fo rnormal chat

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#6 2017-07-12 18:14:43

LukeM
Website

peace men wrote:

they should remove the spam if the chatstarts iwth ! . or $ ect thus there is still a spam blocker fo rnormal chat

I'd say either remove it completely, or dont remove it at all, as otherwise people could just get around it by starting with ! or something
Plus what does it really do to prevent spam, when you can just press a random key then say it another few times

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2017-07-13 14:02:49

PiotrGrochowski

It not only affects bots, but also normal use. I couldn't say ok many times.

Also, it makes sense to have these buttons, since we already can disable swear word filter. Why not add an option to disable lowercasing? It makes my rages (NOOOOO) sound stupid (nooooo). And also disable repeat filter! Numbers like a million and gray color hex codes show up incorrectly.

I'm known as "haslo" in EE. Also, I refuse to play EEU.

#8 2017-07-14 14:57:37

peace

destroyer123 wrote:
peace men wrote:

I'd say either remove it completely, or dont remove it at all, as otherwise people could just get around it by starting with ! or something
Plus what does it really do to prevent spam, when you can just press a random key then say it another few times

yeah true it doesnt do anything if u spam a lot only a warning that the owner could kick u so they should remove it becuz saying it a 4th time gives the warning that owner can kick u but owner doesn tknow u say it more then 3 times

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

peace1500040657667899

Board footer