Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Can somebody give me lessons?

I hate do to this, but, leading a crew, I'd like to be able to do what my crew is doing. I think the leader should be able to do anything he asks his followers (for lack of a better word) to do.

And one thing I'm not very good at is art.

Krazyman50 can testify to this, I can't even do a cloud. They all looked like infinity symbols.

Anyhow, I'd just like someone to point me in the direction of some good lessons on making art. Personal lessons are alright too, if you want to do that, but I've been suffering from extreme lagginess for the past couple of days, so that may not be the best option.

In general, I want to learn sprites and smaller art as well as bigger landscapes and such.

Thanks in advance!

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#2 Before February 2015

MIHB

Re: Can somebody give me lessons?

Ravatroll's guide:

http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=3568
Bee's guide:

http://eeforumify.com/viewtopic.php?id=2305
They are the two best artists on EE imo.

#3 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

I'd like to add that practice makes perfect. If it doesn't look good the first time, erase and try again. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#4 Before February 2015

Burnett

I can give you smiley making lessons.

#5 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Chewy wrote:

I'd like to add that practice makes perfect. If it doesn't look good the first time, erase and try again. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

This, but sometimes don't erase it, just change part of it.

Last edited by Krazyman50 (Feb 12 2011 7:07:16 am)

#6 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

I'd love to help (if those tutorials MIHB posted earlier didn't help). I'm working on a level called 'The Western Air Temple"

http://everybodyedits.com/games/PWiqk5mudia0I

Look at my art and tell me what you think!

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

#7 Before February 2015

BEE

Honestly, your best bet at doing art is to experiment in mspaint first. Its faster than EE art and with ctrl+g it can be copied over if you are more confident with paint.

Sprites can be googled and copied as well, if you are desperate.

Palettes can be found on my guide in level creation, and Rava's guide is for playable artistic levels.

If you would like to request a specific type of art (such as "how to draw a tree") feel free to send me a PM and ill whip one up for you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#8 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

BEE wrote:

Honestly, your best bet at doing art is to experiment in mspaint first. Its faster than EE art and with ctrl+g it can be copied over if you are more confident with paint.

Sprites can be googled and copied as well, if you are desperate.

Palettes can be found on my guide in level creation, and Rava's guide is for playable artistic levels.

If you would like to request a specific type of art (such as "how to draw a tree") feel free to send me a PM and ill whip one up for you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Thank you all for your help

The reason I quoted you is because I'm currently looking at your (and RavaTroll's) guide.

I think I pretty much have what I need, but I'll take more of these if you post them.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#9 Before February 2015

Cheezburger

I know an amazing artist on Kong, and I'd have to say that if you're working on huge art, use the minimap. If something doesn't turn out right, look at the minimap and decide what doesn't look right, then change it.

#10 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

By the way, what does ctrl+g do?

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

JadElClemens1423860426101006

Board footer