Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-29 06:40:45, last edited by Kaleb (2017-06-29 06:45:11)

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Player Ghosting...

So this has happened many times before but recently it has been occurring more and more lately and this is starting to tick me off...

So the bug is when I join a world it lets me play than within 10s it disconnects me from server while I am still in world then another 10-20s I disconnect from world THEN ( this is where the, player ghosting, bug happens )

I try to rejoin and it says "to prevent spam you can be connected to a world once..." or something like that EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT PHYSICALLY IN THE WORLD... I AM IN THE LOBBY because of disconnection.......

and you may be saying oh I am probably disconnected when other players see me, BUT NO they see a regular "AFK player"...

This has happened a multitude of times ever since the game got handed to NVD from MRSHOE...

It also happened in my own worlds ( I disconnect and rejoin only to see another me like it's in another tab... BUT THERE ISNT...)

And when this "BUG" gets fixed then it can be exploited for future Bots potentially.

Anywho that's my spill and hope it gets fixed rather than turned into a bot k thanks, bai...

#2 2017-06-29 07:59:14

LukeM
Website

Re: Player Ghosting...

I'm not sure how playerIO detects if you've disconnected server-side, but it seems from the client that it only happens after quite a few messages fail.
If this is the case, you should be disconnected shortly after you last left, does this happen or do you stay in the world for more than a few mins?

#3 2017-06-29 08:35:55

Gosha

It happends sometimes.
PlayerIO servers still think that you are online

In fact, If host player will appear in your world you are able to connect to that world again and see yourself.

Usually it takes some minutes for pio to figure out that something is wrong
it will disconnect ghost automatically

#4 2017-06-29 09:45:08

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

destroyer123 wrote:

I'm not sure how playerIO detects if you've disconnected server-side, but it seems from the client that it only happens after quite a few messages fail.
If this is the case, you should be disconnected shortly after you last left, does this happen or do you stay in the world for more than a few mins?

I stay in the world for more than a few mins, max was probably 3min...

#5 2017-06-29 09:58:22

Gosha

Kaleb wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

I stay in the world for more than a few mins, max was probably 3min...

isn't 3 mins is "few mins"

Wooted by:

#6 2017-06-29 12:59:07, last edited by merkat (2017-06-29 13:07:18)

merkat

This bug was fixed before, like, four or five years ago, it affected many users and levels. I remember a level with like seven ghosting smiles. It was happening quite often back then. Also ghosting would block users even for days, so it was quite annoying.

I think new reaper at fault.

#7 2017-06-29 15:06:49

peace

from what i know is if u gey kicked u send kick but if ther eis sever lag and u wont rechive it means u get an empty kick wich means tis and DC and igves u DC popup the client gets your disconnecting or kick sneds the packet to sever and some mili seconds later it disconnects you if the client diddnt rechive the packet back it disconnects you othererwise it kicks you same smiluair thing shappedned to me once i joined and got DC and my player was till there afking and i couldnt join cuz of pervebnting abuse so i joined with an alt asking the owner to kick+forgive my main so i could join

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#8 2017-06-29 23:32:11

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

merkat wrote:

This bug was fixed before, like, four or five years ago, it affected many users and levels. I remember a level with like seven ghosting smiles. It was happening quite often back then. Also ghosting would block users even for days, so it was quite annoying.

I think new reaper at fault.

I remember back when it did that and that was when the game was taken by NVD from MrShoe in 2015 or 2014 one of those years or maybe 2016 idk but all i Know is that this is because of something the staff under NVD did, because before NVD there was no such bug and the PlayerIO servers always worked correctly, but idk I may be trippin.

peace men wrote:

from what i know is if u gey kicked u send kick but if ther eis sever lag and u wont rechive it means u get an empty kick wich means tis and DC and igves u DC popup the client gets your disconnecting or kick sneds the packet to sever and some mili seconds later it disconnects you if the client diddnt rechive the packet back it disconnects you othererwise it kicks you same smiluair thing shappedned to me once i joined and got DC and my player was till there afking and i couldnt join cuz of pervebnting abuse so i joined with an alt asking the owner to kick+forgive my main so i could join

... I read this over about 10-20 times and the rammer is really horrible because I still don't understand it that well all I got from this is that DC = Disconnect...

#9 2017-06-29 23:38:40

LukeM
Website

Ok, so this is my best idea about what causes this:

You disconnect, as in properly, so you cant send a disconnect message or whatever.
This means that the server cant tell that you are no longer connected, and it keeps just acting as normal, and you stay in the world.
Eventually, the server tries to send too many messages (if no other players are connected, probably just timed doors), and as its got no response, it assumes you've disconnected, so you finally leave the world.

LukeM1498775920665965

Board footer