Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-16 21:33:29

merkat

Please fix the game already

Forget about silly updates and bricks and what not, fix the game already, I've been waiting for MONTHS to play the game but it never loads, I know it's not my computer, everything is updated, flash, windows, browser, you name it.

I'm not the only one with this issue. Even if I pass the loading screen the game lags like never before, impossible to move or do anything. No wonder there are no players, it's impossible to play!

No matter how many little updates are done, no matter how much you 'improve'', it's getting worse and worse. Do you really, really, really want to loose even the 30 (ish) remaining players?

#2 2017-06-16 21:37:08

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Please fix the game already

I feel like you're being hyperbolic, it isn't THAT bad, but it is still needing improvement. Also you may or may not be aware of the plans for the unity update? (will fix the lag). I feel like that is being prioritised right now but I wouldn't know since they rarely ever update us on its progress.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2017-06-16 21:57:18

merkat

No Devlin, I'm not exagerating, the game is a real mess right now. It isn't that bad? I think if it only loads for few select users it is prety bad. I'm not the only one complaning about this. Yes I'm aware of Unity but right now, adding more smileys and bricks every two months won't fix the lag anytime soon, that's the point, it doesn't seem at all right now that Unity update is really prioritised.

#4 2017-06-16 22:06:15

Taylor

I think if it only loads for few select users it is prety bad.

I mean, 100+ Users on at a certain time of day. That's more than a "select few."
Also, have you downloaded the EE client and tried it?

unknown.png

Wooted by:

#5 2017-06-16 22:35:41

merkat

Taylor wrote:

I think if it only loads for few select users it is prety bad.

I mean, 100+ Users on at a certain time of day. That's more than a "select few."
Also, have you downloaded the EE client and tried it?

Look, I am not here to argue with the users, I am here to complain to the admins about this issue.  I joined this game in 2010 I know exactly what I'm talking about when I say ''few select users'', this game had over 2000 users, out of 100 remaning users (give or take) besides me there are others as I said, complaining about the lag and loading issue, I was going to make this thread long time ago but I've seen other similar posts and I was waiting to see if anything will be fixed, until now, nothing. Yes, I tried the client, it's not working either, nor Jesse's EEPefect Loader or other gimmicks, that's beyond the point. Since 2010 I never had to install anything besides updates to play the game. The game must be fixed that's all I'm saying.

#6 2017-06-16 22:47:43, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-06-16 22:47:50)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

What platform do you play EE on? Sure there is lag but you are the first person that I know of to claim that it just doesn't ever load.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#7 2017-06-16 22:49:01

hummerz5

Taylor wrote:

Well if we're going to argue semantics, take a closer look at what you're saying. "100+" can certainly be a select few if you'd rather have 2000+

I think it's good that you're sticking around to try and fix this issue. If the admins comply, that is. Naturally it's hard to nail exactly why the game doesn't work for certain people because who would stick around a dead game?

(beating a dead horse: and, I continue to wonder if an issue like this (combined with other factors I don't know about) lead to such intense turnover. I mean we've been on the front page of Kongregate twice but netted no gain. We need to figure out if there is anything we can do about it before deciding Unity/steam is actually worth the time. If we can't do anything, then we pack up)

that said, imma probably have to move this off to bug reports

#8 2017-06-17 01:22:50

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

merkat wrote:

Forget about silly updates and bricks and what not, fix the game already, I've been waiting for MONTHS to play the game but it never loads, I know it's not my computer, everything is updated, flash, windows, browser, you name it.

While that still happens to me, I find that downloading the game file itself works.

#9 2017-06-17 11:31:20

peace

i don thave lags or so so mabyt it IS your pc msby tis an old pc?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#10 2017-06-17 15:49:44, last edited by LukeM (2017-06-17 15:52:08)

LukeM
Website

I think it would be useful to have a few more info to help pinpoint the issue. The game works for most people, so there must be something about your computer stopping it from working

Some things we might need to know:
Processor specs
Graphics card specs
Internet speed (download and upload)
How reliable your internet is
Flash version
Operating system and version
Browser and version
When the game stopped working (which update if possible)

#11 2017-06-17 16:26:42, last edited by SirJosh3917 (2017-06-17 16:27:12)

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

destroyer123 wrote:

I think it would be useful to have a few more info to help pinpoint the issue. The game works for most people, so there must be something about your computer stopping it from working

Processor specs
Graphics card specs
Flash version
Browser and version

hi i have a 80Mhz cpu with 64MB of ram and an 55MB IDE hdd
also using integraded gpu and a 20mm fan for cooling ( it keeps it at 30c :DDDDDD )
3Mbps download 0.25Mbps upload
do i fit the requirements for playing ee

Wooted by:

#12 2017-06-17 17:30:49

kubapolish
Banned
Website

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

Processor specs
Graphics card specs
Flash version
Browser and version

also using integraded gpu and a 20mm fan for cooling ( it keeps it at 30c :DDDDDD )

unfortunately not
ee requires minimum 2TB of ram while you have only 64MB
but even if you had that much ram it would freeze at loading screen because cpu is too weak
i recommend 16EB of ram and 1023Thz of cpu
but even with these specs ee wouldnt run smoothly enough
you would need -2ms of ping 1337Tbps download speed and 69Gbps upload speed

Wooted by:

#13 2017-06-17 23:43:25

hummerz5

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

Processor specs
Graphics card specs
Flash version
Browser and version

If I get your point, you want to point out that EE shouldn't have some terribly demanding specs. But at the same time, we don't know that merkat is on par with what you consider to be generally accepted. So we ask. Plus, if we find the right questions then we can potentially work away from "well it's your problem" to "it's our problem because optimization XYQ doesn't work on platform Z"

Devlin wrote:

I know of to claim that it just doesn't ever load.

I've heard that a few times from the kongregatians, though it has been quite some time since I interned there

Wooted by:

#14 2017-06-18 02:07:53

Master1

Can confirm that the game refuses to load 70% of the time. I usually have to do 5 or 6 refreshes before it finally decides it wants to work properly.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#15 2017-06-18 04:02:37

XxAtillaxX

It's not really in the control of the developers if for some reason Player.IO refuses to timely establish a connection.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#16 2017-06-18 12:24:00

LukeM
Website

Master1 wrote:

Can confirm that the game refuses to load 70% of the time. I usually have to do 5 or 6 refreshes before it finally decides it wants to work properly.

Could you also give some extra info, as it seems to only happen for some people

destroyer123 wrote:

Processor specs
Graphics card specs
Flash version
Browser and version

XxAtillaxX wrote:

It's not really in the control of the developers if for some reason Player.IO refuses to timely establish a connection.

I cant see what would be the problem if it works for some people but not others (the only time its not connected for me is if I accidentally load the game twice)

LukeM1497785040664427

Board footer