Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-14 15:54:14

John

There was a shooting in Virginia today

Today there was an attack on House Republicans who were playing baseball.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/14/politics/ … index.html

PW?scale=2

#2 2017-06-14 17:12:36, last edited by mutantdevle (2017-06-14 18:14:37)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: There was a shooting in Virginia today

CONTENT WARNING

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#3 2017-06-14 17:56:28

Different55
Forum Admin

Devlin wrote:

I read the title wrong...

there's a time and place

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#4 2017-06-14 22:26:48

HeyNK

It wasn't me

#5 2017-06-14 23:15:40

Evilbunny

I live in Virginia and there are shootings near me every now and then. I don't even live in a big city, it's just really sketchy around here.

Killing people because you don't agree with them is not how you win.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

#6 2017-06-15 00:37:26, last edited by LukeM (2017-06-15 00:38:27)

LukeM
Website

IK that this is probably going to start an argument but America should really ban (or at least strictly regulate) guns...
It works in the rest of the world to massively reduce the number of deaths so why shouldn't it in America?

Wooted by:

#7 2017-06-15 00:39:59, last edited by SirJosh3917 (2017-06-15 00:40:56)

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

destroyer123 wrote:

IK that this is probably going to start an argument but America should really ban (or at least strictly regulate) guns...
It works in the rest of the world to massively reduce the number of deaths so why shouldn't it in America?

ah yes
the criminal who has a gun and the citizens who don't
isn't that a lovely idea

constitution says ur allowed to have a gun btw\

what am i doing argueing i have no idea what im talking about

#8 2017-06-15 00:53:17

LukeM
Website

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

ah yes
isn't that a lovely idea

This is the main reason against it, but wouldn't nobody having guns mean it's much harder for criminals to get them?
They have to be produced somewhere, so although there would still be some imported guns, having very few being made would probably decrease the supply, and therefore the number of shootings, massively...

Wooted by:

#9 2017-06-15 16:35:33

Emma333

Stupid idiots who shoot people because they dont agree with them are too stupid to get guns illegally(Most times) and ive never heard of citizens actually successing in protecting themselves with guns agains others with guns. But in the us where the police are stupid idiots too i guess a gun would be useful in a revolution.

Pm me with anything math related please

#10 2017-06-15 21:04:32

Latif

destroyer123 wrote:
ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

ah yes
isn't that a lovely idea

This is the main reason against it, but wouldn't nobody having guns mean it's much harder for criminals to get them?
They have to be produced somewhere, so although there would still be some imported guns, having very few being made would probably decrease the supply, and therefore the number of shootings, massively...

I really agree with this.

If guns are allowed to protect yourself, many people would buy one of course. Because they know that bad people will abuse it. It's also pretty stupid, because everyone is allowed to get one, so criminals too. And if criminals can get it easily, they can also use it easily.

If guns are not allowed, only criminals would be able to get one, illegally. But it's more difficult. So not all criminals can get one. There are fewer shootings if less people use guns. And I think there would be even MORE shootings if guns are allowed, because why not, it's very easy to be a criminal if you have a gun!

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

ah yes
isn't that a lovely idea

Unfortunately, 'less' isn't 'zero'

Wooted by:

#11 2017-06-15 22:38:47

Insanity

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

ah yes
isn't that a lovely idea

constitution says ur allowed to have a gun btw\

what am i doing argueing i have no idea what im talking about

The constitution doesn't say you can have guns, and neither does the Bill of Rights. It says that you have the right to bear arms. In that context the term "arms" means weapons, but not necessarily guns. If guns were fully illegal, it wouldn't infringe on the 2nd amendment.

I'm gonna buy a gun next year because of these crazy freaks that live in this country and I wanna be able to defend myself from these freaks, but I would prefer that they be illegal. A lot of these shootings are because guns are very easy to attain. They're not AS easy to attain illegally, and statistically it has been proven that making firearms illegal would reduce shootings.

Unfortunately, more than a political issue, this is an economic issue. The gun lobby produces so much goddamn capital that these politicians don't want to shut it down. The "rights" bs is just a front for a truth that people won't admit.

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Insanity1497562727664150

Board footer