Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-06-07 04:23:36

TurtleCat1

Chests, smiley rarities and Banners

Here are some Ideas I have for EE:

Chests: There could possibly be different chests you receive for completing different things/daily logins, which hold energy, occasionally gems, and potentially a smiley.

Smiley rarities: Possibly they could add common, rare, and legendary smileys which are received after completing campaigns, or opening chests.

Banners: Banners could be added to show skill. For example for beating different campaigns or even certain tiers, you could get a banner for the completion. Banners could also be received from chests, daily login streaks, world views, achievements, etc.

Lol idk these are random ideas.

- The Triple cheese convection.

Wooted by:

#2 2017-06-07 12:49:40

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Chests, smiley rarities and Banners

lets not turn this into csgo

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#3 2017-06-07 21:37:29

soniiiety

ummmmm.....

CONTENT WARNING

#4 2017-06-11 00:58:38

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

TurtleCat1 wrote:

Chests: There could possibly be different chests you receive for completing different things/daily logins, which hold energy, occasionally gems, and potentially a smiley.

We already have a chest in the pirate pack, so that wouldn't make thematic sense.

TurtleCat1 wrote:

Banners: Banners could be added to show skill. For example for beating different campaigns or even certain tiers, you could get a banner for the completion. Banners could also be received from chests, daily login streaks, world views, achievements, etc.

I actually kind of like that idea.

#5 2017-06-11 11:39:37, last edited by skullz17 (2017-06-11 11:52:56)

skullz17

maxi123 wrote:

lets not turn this into csgo

I actually think chests/cases would be quite healthy for the game if they are implemented properly. I was thinking they could be integrated into our current magic coin system, but then magic coins would have to become more common and that removes the whole exciting aspect of getting a magic coin. Then again, if the current magic coin rewards retain a similar sort of rarity, while we add some more common rewards into chests, then the exciting aspect is still there, it just gets moved from getting a magic coin in the first place to getting a rare item in a chest. At the same time, it gives the impression that playing EE a lot is rewarding. I don't think our current system does this; magic coins are too rare and daily rewards don't feel very meaningful - especially when you consider that a fresh 200 energy user is not going to get anything from the extra energy. I suppose the energy shop does this in a way because you have to continue playing the game for a while in order to get all the items, but this is a very boring process, whereas opening a chest is fun and exciting.

Alternatively, it could be integrated into the daily reward system instead. This might be better because then the reward is guaranteed, while still maintaining the fact that a good reward is not guaranteed because the contents of a chest is random, so the excitement of finding something rare is still there.

Either way, both solutions have to be supplemented by a pool of rewards. I don't think EE has enough rare, exclusive rewards. We have contest smileys, magic smileys and campaign smileys. I don't count classic smileys because they can be bought with gems. At the moment, there are loads of cosmetic items (smileys, auras) that can be bought with energy. I really like the idea of campaign smileys because you work hard to beat the campaign, and then you get rewarded. That is the basic function of most (non-sandbox) games - presenting a challenge and then making its completion feel rewarding. While EE is a sandbox game, when you play a campaign, EE just becomes a non-sandbox platformer, so I think we should try to enhance that experience. Although campaigns have a maximum of 1 new smiley when each campaign is released (which isn't often), chests will require a much larger pool of rewards if they are implemented. I don't think it's a good idea to add a bunch of new smileys because we already have enough of those, so we should look to find a new cosmetic item. This could be trails, some sort of profile customisation, or perhaps even something similar to magic blocks.

edit: I want to add that this is just my view on chests, and how I think chests should be implemented if the staff agrees that they are a good idea. However, I don't think they are the best way to create sustainable user retention. Ultimately, what is going to make a user stay or leave is whether they enjoy the game. EE is very good at providing tools to help creative people build better and more innovative worlds, but in my opinion, there aren't enough tools for people to find the highest quality worlds, and there isn't actually a lot of incentive for people to innovate. I think that campaigns and contests are the ways that we currently deal with these issues, but they aren't effective enough. I still think the featured tab can potentially be very good for EE. The concept is perfect, but people can't see this because it wasn't executed well. It provides a place to find good worlds, and it also provides incentive to make good worlds (this incentive can even be enhanced with small rewards).

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#6 2017-06-11 13:40:28

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

TurtleCat1 wrote:

Player Profile is plain. Melody wants this.

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

Vinyl Melody1497184828663616

Board footer